ADVERTISEMENT

Definitive 2017 CFB Predictions

irishnatty

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
May 17, 2015
Things are REALLY slow at work today so I decided to grace you all with my infallible predictions for the 2017 college football season. Take these to the bank, or more accurately, definitely don't since I'll be wrong on at least 90% of everything I project. Let me know your thoughts.

P5 Conference Predictions
ACC - Florida State (11-1)

Outside of Lamar Jackson, Deandre Francois might be the best returning quarterback in the ACC this year, as weird as that sounds. Derwin James when healthy is an absolute monster. I think Florida State goes toe to toe with Alabama and loses a tight one before running the table the rest of the way.
BIG - Ohio State (11-1)
JT Barrett is still one of the best QB's in America and I believe the BIG is going to be down this year. Saquon Barkley is easily one of the best RB's in America but I think Penn State was closer to the team that got blown out by Michigan last year than the one who beat Ohio State. Michigan is returning too little experience to pull off the conference title, especially with an early season matchup against Florida and road games at Penn State and Wisconsin. Ohio State is just the last team standing for me.
Big 12 - Oklahoma State (10-2)
This one really comes down to two things: a) I love Mason Rudolph and OSU's receivers & b) I'm not sure I trust Lincoln Riley in his very first season as a head coach, even as much potential as he has.
PAC12 - Washington (10-2)
Outside of getting Stanford on the road, their conference schedule lays out really nicely for Washington. I also see the PAC as a conference that will beat up on itself all year long though. USC, Stanford and even Washington State have enough talent to hang around the top all season long and I'm interested to see how Oregon looks under Willie Taggart.
SEC - Alabama (12-0)
I'll keep writing them in until proven otherwise.

NY6 Bowls
- this year really only the Orange Bowl has ties to any conference so all these teams are pretty rotatable
Orange Bowl - Clemson vs Florida
Peach Bowl - South Florida vs Notre Dame
(Sorry for any 2011 flashbacks)
Cotton Bowl - Washington vs Wisconsin
Fiesta Bowl - Stanford vs vs Oklahoma

Playoff
1) Alabama vs 4) Oklahoma State
2) Florida State vs 3) Ohio State

I look forward to everyone tearing my opinions apart. Let's go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.