ADVERTISEMENT

Dee Dowis

Toby Smart

All Star
Aug 28, 2002
I was waiting for something to be mentioned here about former Air Force QB, Dee Dowis. I guess I will do the honors. Dee Dowis was killed in a car accident a couple of days ago. He was 48. For those who don't know. Dee was one of the all time great Option QBs who could also throw. He received lots of pub his Senior season, much like Keenan Reynolds last season. Though AF never beat ND during Dee's time at the academy, Lou had great concern game planning for the Falcon's rushing attack. Dowis finished 6th in the '89 Heisman race. He is the AF all time career rusher. He was also the NCAA career rusher for QBs. Always a thrill a minute to watch him run Fisher DeBerry's option. RIP Dee Dowis and thanks for the memories.

I was waiting for something to be mentioned here about former Air Force QB, Dee Dowis. I guess I will do the honors. Dee Dowis was killed in a car accident a couple of days ago. He was 48. For those who don't know. Dee was one of the all time great Option QBs who could also throw. He received lots of pub his Senior season, much like Keenan Reynolds last season. Though AF never beat ND during Dee's time at the academy, Lou had great concern game planning for the Falcon's rushing attack. Dowis finished 6th in the '89 Heisman race. He is the AF all time career rusher. He was also the NCAA career rusher for QBs. Always a thrill a minute to watch him run Fisher DeBerry's option. RIP Dee Dowis and thanks for the memories.
thanks for posting Hate seeing a quality person - a young person - pass like this while a POS like Kaepernick sits on a bench

Great college QB. Fun to watch, nightmare to play against. A better person than player frm what I have been told. Dominus Vobiscum Dee.... Forever.✌️

Will never forget the trick play he pulled against Texas ... he started walking towards his WR apparently trying tell him the play (and Texas's D relaxed) ... center snapped directly to the FB who threw a pass to Dowis who was by then in the gap between the T and WR ... play went for a TD.

RIP Dee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT