ADVERTISEMENT

DB recruiting has been on fire!

D_Master

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 3, 2005
With the recent rumblings that I've read on another site that 4* CB Isaiah Rutherford could be leaning ND's way I saw this list posted of the last 2 cycles' defensive backfield recruiting if you were to add Rutherford to the mix. Needless to say, the staff has done a tremendous job of adding talent and depth at those positions. There are some future stars there:

.9651 4* Houston Griffith
.9516 4* Derrik Allen
.8916 4* Noah Boykin
.8843 3* Tariq Bracy
.8802 3* DJ Brown
.8552 3* Paul Moala

.9227 4* Isaiah Rutherford
.9211 4* Kyle Hamilton
.9153 4* Litchfield Ajavon
.9013 4* KJ Wallace

Bracy will end up probably being a stud even though he was only a 3 Star.

With the recent rumblings that I've read on another site that 4* CB Isaiah Rutherford could be leaning ND's way I saw this list posted of the last 2 cycles' defensive backfield recruiting if you were to add Rutherford to the mix. Needless to say, the staff has done a tremendous job of adding talent and depth at those positions. There are some future stars there:

.9651 4* Houston Griffith
.9516 4* Derrik Allen
.8916 4* Noah Boykin
.8843 3* Tariq Bracy
.8802 3* DJ Brown
.8552 3* Paul Moala

.9227 4* Isaiah Rutherford
.9211 4* Kyle Hamilton
.9153 4* Litchfield Ajavon
.9013 4* KJ Wallace

Watching ND and USC, what we can conclude is all the talent in the world will not overcome bad practice, bad technique, bad development ie: coaching. and coaching cannot fully overcome a lack of talent.

When talent meets good coaching you get good or great results.

Reactions: 88ND
Watching ND and USC, what we can conclude is all the talent in the world will not overcome bad practice, bad technique, bad development ie: coaching. and coaching cannot fully overcome a lack of talent.

When talent meets good coaching you get good or great results.
You got that right.

Farley it's great example of that.
He's playing in the NFL at a high level. Under BVG he was atrocious. Out of control. Terrible pursuit angles, ball skills were non existent...etc etc

That ship has righted itself and good for him.

NDs DB recruiting is at least more consistent and deeper in recent cycles, but like all non OL and non TE positions, it falls into the 2nd/3rd tier among the top 30 or so programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23
NDs DB recruiting is at least more consistent and deeper in recent cycles, but like all non OL and non TE positions, it falls into the 2nd/3rd tier among the top 30 or so programs.

Gotta disagree here. DB recruiting has been absolutely elite the past few years.

You got that right.

Farley it's great example of that.
He's playing in the NFL at a high level. Under BVG he was atrocious. Out of control. Terrible pursuit angles, ball skills were non existent...etc etc

That ship has righted itself and good for him.
To me the difference is the 'IT' factor.. this team seams motivated, hungry and plays fearless. That's the difference in good teams and great. It's got shades of 2012's energy.

Credit to BK for getting this team to come together and. believe.

Thanks Pee Wee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT