ADVERTISEMENT

Could next year's basketball team be even better?

MMcCormick

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2004
Nobody thought this year's team would be better than last year and I think that's coming to fruition, but next year could be even better than this year.

PG - Farrell - Returns and I'd expect him to be one of the best in the country next year.
SG - Vasturia - Pflueger - I think Pflueger is going to be terrific and will drive and score a lot more next year but this is still a down check. Vasturia is the ultimate intangible player and he'll leave a big void with his knack for winning.
SF - Beachem/Ryan - I think this will be a wash. A terrific shooter replaced by maybe an even better one.
PF - Colson gets better every year. Still more upside.
C - Geben still has a lot of upside I'd expect some post moves by next year. Maybe Brey's best post defensive center and one of the best passing centers.

Bench
Gibbs - He could start, but that would move Ryan to the bench. Lot of upside, should be a pretty big scoring threat by next year.
Torres - Getting better by the game. Should be a super sub next year.
Mooney - Can't believe he's not clearly better than Geben by next year. Part of a minutes crunch that Brey is going to have to deal with.
Burns - Another guy who should be more than ready to contribute next year, but where does he play.
Harvey - Kids a baller, but where's he fit. Ryan has earned his stripes by next year. I think he'll see spot minutes. But he's part of a minutes crunch. He could be a better all round player than Ryan, but if history is any indicator, Ryan and Pflueger will play over him.

Vasturia is a big chemistry hit, but next year's team is ten deep of kids who are ready to play. Several of the subs will likely be better than the starters, but are waiting in the pecking order of seniority. Not sure how Brey manages this many kids who are ready to play. He's got an experienced fifth year, three experienced seniors, three juniors including two with a lot of experience, two very good sophmores, and a freshman who might be better the most talented player on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News