ADVERTISEMENT

Could College Football be Banned?

irish4life888

I've posted how many times?
Sep 20, 2009
I know the prospect seems absurd but with preecollegiate football is already sustaining 90,000 or more concussions each year. If colleges and high schools keep getting sued and it's litigants winning huge settlements against its insurance companies they may stop insuring them. It will start at the middle s high school levels which would indeed affect college sports even with the billions of dollars it generates. Could CTE = the death of college / NFL football? Maybe not now but in 10-20 years?

Reactions: notredamerises23
Last edited:
Reactions: irish4life888
Flag football here we come!

Does anybody remember the movie Demolition Man? With Sly Where everything not good for you was bad for you and made illegal.

“Good memory” Simon Phoenix

CTE is a really big deal. You’re seeing a drop in participation and that’s only going to continue. Where I live mom seeing more and more kids go into soccer and lacrosse, but that’s in a particular type of neighborhood. The decrease is slower in other neighborhoods, but it’s hapoening.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...persist/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.718465d41a8d
I didn't let my son play in rocket or middle school ball. I was far from being a star football player when I played HS football. More the Rudy type, but I had my bell rung several times and remember blowing snot bubbles and deciding that I would stick with tennis lol. My son who is now 6`3" and all of 280 (looks a lot like the milk man) probably could have had a shot playing some cfb but I kept him out of playing. I don't regret it

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23
Some people's only shot at riches or success is athletics. Whether it is a scholarship or pro sports that isnt changing. MMA is one of the most popular and lucrative sports and it is far more violent than football. The sport of football will adapt with new types of helmets and tackling methods, but it will not go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT