ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence transfer at the QB position

Quest4Twelve

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Aug 31, 2009
Malik carries himself and plays like defeated player. It's almost the 180 prior to last season when Malik played with all the confidence in the world and Kizer doubted himself. I hope Malik gets his head on straight because I can guarantee we will need him at some point in time.

In addition does anyone on the D-line have a pass rushing move outside bull? There is no creativity when trying to get to the quarterback. Very annoying.

Well, the way it looks right now, Tillery was a far better OT prospect (5*) than a DT prospect (NR).
JMO, if JT is the remain on D, then they should move him to DE and utilize his athleticism. He is not physically overwhelming as a DT, and looks a bit overmatched.
Now, with the possibility that ND may lose a couple of starters to the draft, the possibility that JT could still move to OL ought be considered. If so, the timing is an issue. Do you start the move now so he will be getting his OT mojo back? or wait till the seasons end. As it is now JT is not a 3 n out DT! and likely not on OT, given his time lost on D.

I understand your thinking about Tillery, but we are much stronger and deeper on the OL than the DL. We need every(any)body we can get if they can contribute at the DL position.

I hope I am wrong but Zaire is on going to be a team player if he is the man.

Malik carries himself and plays like defeated player. It's almost the 180 prior to last season when Malik played with all the confidence in the world and Kizer doubted himself. I hope Malik gets his head on straight because I can guarantee we will need him at some point in time.

In addition does anyone on the D-line have a pass rushing move outside bull? There is no creativity when trying to get to the quarterback. Very annoying.
Would it better in the long run if he transfers and Wimbush gets more junk time in games?

Reactions: IrishMike409
57Patrick
if you lose the entire left side of the OL to the draft, do you still think the OL is not a need?
Having one strength is better than having 2 weaknesses.

Would it better in the long run if he transfers and Wimbush gets more junk time in games?
I don't think so. It's my belief this team still has issues of scoring when they get inside the 5. Knock off the empty sets, shotgun, etc and put Malik and let them do what Texas did with Swoops. You're almost guaranteed no turnovers and if they can't get it in with physicality they don't deserve to win. Yes that is hyperbole but you get the point.

Not IMO------long season and we haven't had a guy go 12 games in 5 years.

Next year is next year but MZ has a responsibility to the team to stay ready as does anyone who's second team.

Reactions: perseverare

That is why a QB is recruited every year. Some QBs move positions and some transfer.

Notre Dame fans know better than anybody that Malik Zaire is needed where he's at.

He's one play away from being thrown back into the spotlight and will need to be ready to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT