ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson fan making the trip

Jan 11, 2006
Hey guys, Clemson fan and big college football enthusiast here. I'm really stoked about getting to watch a game in South Bend, that's a bucket list item for sure.

With limited time on campus, any recommendations for the cool things for me to see? I'll be parking in the white lot if that makes a difference.

Hey also, what is the security like at the stadium? If I wanted to bring in a flask, are there metal detectors?

Thanks!

Hey guys, Clemson fan and big college football enthusiast here. I'm really stoked about getting to watch a game in South Bend, that's a bucket list item for sure.

With limited time on campus, any recommendations for the cool things for me to see? I'll be parking in the white lot if that makes a difference.

Hey also, what is the security like at the stadium? If I wanted to bring in a flask, are there metal detectors?

Thanks!
You don't say if you are coming Friday or just coming in for the game. The attached link should give you a pretty good idea of some things you may wish to do, although some of them take place on Friday.
Whether you come in on Friday or Saturday, take some time to walk around the campus. You will want to see the Grotto and go inside the administration building (the Dome). You will probably want your picture taken in front of the Word of Life mural in front of the library (Touchdown Jesus). Safe travels.

Thanks!
I have heard reports that it takes some fans a half hour to enter the stadium and get to their seats so plan accordingly.

The standard sites are the Basilica, Trumpets Under the Dome. Steak sandwiches from the Knights of Columbus.

I would add: the Library Rare Book room, Sorin Hall (ask if you can walk through the first floor), the old log chapel. If you have time on Friday walk around St Mary's campus.

Thanks!
Enjoy the beat down…stadium should have lots of orange in the seats!

You don't say if you are coming Friday or just coming in for the game. The attached link should give you a pretty good idea of some things you may wish to do, although some of them take place on Friday.
Whether you come in on Friday or Saturday, take some time to walk around the campus. You will want to see the Grotto and go inside the administration building (the Dome). You will probably want your picture taken in front of the Word of Life mural in front of the library (Touchdown Jesus). Safe travels.

Driving up Friday, but it'll be late when I get there. I only decided to make the trip a week ago, so I'm having to stay up in Michigan to get a decent price for a hotel room. I'll arrive to campus pretty early on Saturday.

Driving up Friday, but it'll be late when I get there. I only decided to make the trip a week ago, so I'm having to stay up in Michigan to get a decent price for a hotel room. I'll arrive to campus pretty early on Saturday.

Ok. It's a night game, so you will have plenty of time to take it all in. You will be treated well by the ND faithful.

Oh, I will definitely be drinking before the game, but I'm too old to be pounding beers getting sloppy drunk before the game starts anymore. I would never make it to the end. I just like to have a few while tailgating and then sip on a crown and coke during the game.

Is that really that bad?

The usher at ND Stadium have been known to eject people caught drinking during games. So keep that in mind. You don't want to get kicked out.

Reactions: Trading Tiger
The usher at ND Stadium have been known to eject people caught drinking during games. So keep that in mind. You don't want to get kicked out.
OK great, this is the type of info I'm looking for. If someone is acting inappropriately, then absolutely throw them out. That's not going to be me though.

I'm a 40 year old with his dad talking about a little flask. I'm not a shitfaced kid at a frat party. Other than wearing an orange jacket, I won't stand out at all.

It's going to be pretty cold, I'd like to bring my hand warmers. Those are also metal. At Death Valley in Clemson, that's not a problem. I'm just curious what it's like in South Bend?

Thanks!
It’s a 7:30 night game, so try to get there early and download a map of the campus

On game day.

Rockne Memorial

The Grotto

Washington Hall on game morning. (Band plays)

Basillica

Administrative building for trumpets in the rotunda

March to the stadium

Joyce Center

Hesburgh Library Mall

Don‘t bring the flask

there’s so much to see on campus, but since you have limited time I’d suggest the above, but plan your sightseeing from a map of the campus do that you go from one end of the campus and end up at the stadium

Enjoy your visit !

Thanks!
The entire stadium will be orange. Enjoy another beat down of the Fightless Irish 💩.

If you get caught with a flask they will kick you out. If your drunk or act like a jerk they will arrest you. As an usher I’ve seen both many times.

OH THE HORROR!!!
He’s traveling a good distance to see a Clemson football game and to tour of the Notre Dame campus and enjoy the experience, why risk ruining his trip. He can drink to his delight before and after the game. Is drinking that important ?

Oh, I will definitely be drinking before the game, but I'm too old to be pounding beers getting sloppy drunk before the game starts anymore. I would never make it to the end. I just like to have a few while tailgating and then sip on a crown and coke during the game.

Is that really that bad?
If by now you don't know to buy a pop from the concession and pour in the flask in the men's room then you deserve to get the boot.

If by now you don't know to buy a pop from the concession and pour in the flask in the men's room then you deserve to get the boot.
That's one way, yes, but that wasn't really my question though. My question was simply about bringing the flask into the game??

At Clemson's stadium, we have to walk through metal detectors to get in. I've come up with some pretty creative ways to avoid security, but in a worst case scenario, I've had to walk back to my car and leave the flask behind. No big deal because I park about 200 yards from the stadium, but that won't be an option for me at ND.

I'm just trying to get a feel for security at the entrance. Once I get in, I'm fine, no one will have any issues with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT