ADVERTISEMENT

Cierre Wood

notredame79

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 30, 2022
Reaches a plea deal on murder charge of his girlfriend’s 5 year old child. Entered an Alford plea. Sentenced to life with possibility of parole after 10 years. Also, sentenced on felony child abuse, sentences run consecutively.

Reactions: chaseball
Reaches a plea deal on murder charge of his girlfriend’s 5 year old child. Entered an Alford plea. Sentenced to life with possibility of parole after 10 years. Also, sentenced on felony child abuse, sentences run consecutively.
Second degree murder conviction, the girlfriend also was found guilty of second degree murder.

The plea deal is complicated to understand.

Very tragic indeed and disillusioning because I would like to believe his time at ND would have been enough of a positive influence on him to make such acts impossible. That poor child.

They say woman sometimes cry at weddings and men sometimes cry when they get invited to one. That was the case for me when I got invited to my wife's cousins' wedding on the night of the Oklahoma/ND game. My best memory from the wedding was sneaking out to the bar and seeing Cierre's long run. Just a shocking turn of events years later. It is hard to believe he can get parole in 10 years.

Reactions: 4-4-3 and NDSMC78
Very tragic indeed and disillusioning because I would like to believe his time at ND would have been enough of a positive influence on him to make such acts impossible. That poor child.

They say woman sometimes cry at weddings and men sometimes cry when they get invited to one. That was the case for me when I got invited to my wife's cousins' wedding on the night of the Oklahoma/ND game. My best memory from the wedding was sneaking out to the bar and seeing Cierre's long run. Just a shocking turn of events years later. It is hard to believe he can get parole in 10 years.
I don't think CW was like a problem guy, was he? From a bad upbringing, I thought he was pretty middle class. Something just clearly went very wrong for him. America's a pretty insane, evil society, it certainly can be. Somewhere or other he lost his ability to keep walking the line. But I guess it was drug addiction that got him started down that dark path. I wonder what the whole story was.

Reactions: Kelso86
I don't think CW was like a problem guy, was he? From a bad upbringing, I thought he was pretty middle class. Something just clearly went very wrong for him. America's a pretty insane, evil society, it certainly can be. Somewhere along the line he lost his ability to keep walking the line. But I guess it was drug addiction that got him started down that dark path. I wonder what the whole story was.
I wonder too.

I wonder too.
Cierre has maintained innocence the entire trial, and the "Alford Plea" he entered maintains his assertion of innocence, while accepting Murder 2.

That said, I followed his career through HS, a pretty normal upbringing.

Simply sad all the way around.

Reactions: Kelso86 and melstew

Great open-field cutback runner. In fact, not sure I've seen a better one at ND in my almost 70 years watching. Pure electricity.

Cierre Wood Highlights

An almost unspeakable tragedy. Hated to see that he'd done this. Can't imagine the pain it's caused.

Reactions: melstew
Cierre has maintained innocence the entire trial, and the "Alford Plea" he entered maintains his assertion of innocence, while accepting Murder 2.

That said, I followed his career through HS, a pretty normal upbringing.

Simply sad all the way around.
The plea allows him to plead guilty while maintaining his innocence. What ever did Tony Alford do to deserve that?

Very tragic indeed and disillusioning because I would like to believe his time at ND would have been enough of a positive influence on him to make such acts impossible.

You did the disillusioning to yourself if you seriously believe that oh just because someone goes to Notre Dame, they're incapable of being a bad person.

Some of you are just really, really weird man.

You did the disillusioning to yourself if you seriously believe that oh just because someone goes to Notre Dame, they're incapable of being a bad person.

Statistically speaking, I'm sure someone who attended Notre Dame is less likely to be a "bad" person than someone who did not. That has to be a fact. To not acknowledge it, would be weird.

Besides, the post in question did not convey the sentiment you put forth here.

Statistically speaking, I'm sure someone who attended Notre Dame is less likely to be a "bad" person than someone who did not. That has to be a fact. To not acknowledge it, would be weird.

Far less likely. Notre Dame isn't Georgia or Florida.

Thanks Wigglesby. Much appreciated! I spent three years at ND and it is a place of special positivity--so these sorts of things are all the more discouraging. But as you point out there is difference between what someone would like to think and what they must acknowledge.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I don't think CW was like a problem guy, was he? From a bad upbringing, I thought he was pretty middle class. Something just clearly went very wrong for him. America's a pretty insane, evil society, it certainly can be. Somewhere or other he lost his ability to keep walking the line. But I guess it was drug addiction that got him started down that dark path. I wonder what the whole story was.
You stated that: America is a pretty insane evil society”

Then get your ass out of America ASAP !

Why are millions of people fleeing their countries and trying to gain entry into America ?

How about if people return to taking personal responsibility for their actions?

How about if people stop blaming others for the bad decisions they make !

Nobody forces anyone to take illegal drugs or smoke or drink alcohol, those are all personal choices, and if you decide to take them, you have to accept the consequences !

The charges were about Wood being a stupid man. I did not see anything from the article that indicated he wanted to kill his own child.

Reactions: BGI User 756
A lot of states. 15-20 to life. Easy. Alford plea ?
I Don’t think so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT