ADVERTISEMENT

CB entering transfer portal

BGI User 1596

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Notre Dame cornerback Temitope Agoro has entered the Transfer Portal, according to a source.

In 2019, Agoro appeared in all 13 games and recorded three tackles for the Irish.

As a junior in 2018, Agoro has action in 11 games after making his debut against Miami (Ohio) in 2017.

Agoro is listed as a graduate transfer in the portal. He was enrolled in the College of Engineering and majoring in Mechanical Engineering.

Notre Dame cornerback Temitope Agoro has entered the Transfer Portal, according to a source.

In 2019, Agoro appeared in all 13 games and recorded three tackles for the Irish.

As a junior in 2018, Agoro has action in 11 games after making his debut against Miami (Ohio) in 2017.

Agoro is listed as a graduate transfer in the portal. He was enrolled in the College of Engineering and majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
Not sure ND will be able to recover.
Ouch!

Reactions: napy2121

He is a walk on

Guy nearly worked his way onto the field at cb, played special teams, and per a few podcasts was pretty doggone good. I don’t know if he’s good enough to go to a high p5 team and start, my guess is he’d look to go somewhere he can start (g5) and get a free graduate degree. An awesome situation for a walk on. Good on him.

The thing people don't realize is that Agoro is actually pretty good. Played a lot of special teams at Notre Dame. Do you want him playing major minutes at CB for a team trying compete for the playoffs? Of course not. But there are a lot of MAC / Sunbelt type schools that are going to have top notch Masters programs that would absolutely love this kid and would play him with confidence. That's how big the talent gap can be and why you see scores 65+-10 scores...

College football is about the haves and have nots.

It’s two morons(Pennick/D1042), but yeah, Busch League.

Not to quibble, but I believe the proper reference is "bush" league, as in playing minor league baseball out in the bush, i.e., the opposite of playing in the big league.

Unless of course you were referring to Anheuser-Busch, as in playing in the beer leagues that many of us have come to know and enjoy. If that was the reference, I stand corrected. LOL!

To your original point, I hesitate to call anyone a moron on a message board, but yes, poking fun at Mr. Agoro was uncalled for. The young man apparently has a degree in mechanical engineering from Notre Dame, an accomplishment I dare say standing alone is quite impressive, whatever his football skills may be. To play on the football team as a walk-on on top of that, I tip my hat to the lad. I wish him the best.

Not to quibble, but I believe the proper reference is "bush" league, as in playing minor league baseball out in the bush, i.e., the opposite of playing in the big league.

Unless of course you were referring to Anheuser-Busch, as in playing in the beer leagues that many of us have come to know and enjoy. If that was the reference, I stand corrected. LOL!

To your original point, I hesitate to call anyone a moron on a message board, but yes, poking fun at Mr. Agoro was uncalled for. The young man apparently has a degree in mechanical engineering from Notre Dame, an accomplishment I dare say standing alone is quite impressive, whatever his football skills may be. To play on the football team as a walk-on on top of that, I tip my hat to the lad. I wish him the best.

apparently, both Bush and Busch are accepted. Per the undeniable Urban Dictionary that is. LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Busch+League&amp=true

apparently, both Bush and Busch are accepted. Per the undeniable Urban Dictionary that is. LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Busch+League&amp=true

I'll give you an "A" for resourcefulness @NotreDomer1, but as the saying goes, consider the source. The link to Urban Dictionary says the phrase derives from the Busch racing league in NASCAR. Wow, that's just lazy research. The Busch racing league didn't start up until the early 1980s. However, the phrase "bush league" has been around since 1906 or thereabouts, according to this source:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/127656/what-is-the-origin-of-the-phrase-bush-league

So obviously the origin of the phrase has nothing to do with the NASCAR racing circuit. Rather, it is a reference to minor league baseball, played away from the bright lights of the big city and out in the hinterland where the bushes grow.

Isn't Urban Dictionary one of those sources that thinks there is no right or wrong way to spell? I don't think my grammar school teachers would agree.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I agree SA, WTH is the matter with some of you clowns? The kid paid his own way, made the team as a walk-on and is now trying to parlay that into a free Masters degree and some of you are pissing on the young man?

F’n Busch League..

Consider the possibility, I really never heard of the kid. D-H

I'll give you an "A" for resourcefulness @NotreDomer1, but as the saying goes, consider the source. The link to Urban Dictionary says the phrase derives from the Busch racing league in NASCAR. Wow, that's just lazy research. The Busch racing league didn't start up until the early 1980s. However, the phrase "bush league" has been around since 1906 or thereabouts, according to this source:

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/127656/what-is-the-origin-of-the-phrase-bush-league

So obviously the origin of the phrase has nothing to do with the NASCAR racing circuit. Rather, it is a reference to minor league baseball, played away from the bright lights of the big city and out in the hinterland where the bushes grow.

Isn't Urban Dictionary one of those sources that thinks there is no right or wrong way to spell? I don't think my grammar school teachers would agree.

Hey, I never thought I’d use the urban dictionary as a source either, but it kind of works.... Cut me some slack.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Good for that kid. Engineering degree from Notre Dame and an opportunity to play major college football as a walk on. Good for you dude!

The thing people don't realize is that Agoro is actually pretty good. Played a lot of special teams at Notre Dame. Do you want him playing major minutes at CB for a team trying compete for the playoffs? Of course not. But there are a lot of MAC / Sunbelt type schools that are going to have top notch Masters programs that would absolutely love this kid and would play him with confidence. That's how big the talent gap can be and why you see scores 65+-10 scores...

College football is about the haves and have nots.

Can you imagine how many mechanical engineering majors are out there playing football? Lol. One of my best friends graduated with a degree in EE at ND and told the rest of us that we didn’t know what hard classes are if we weren’t in EE/CE.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Can you imagine how many mechanical engineering majors are out there playing football? Lol. One of my best friends graduated with a degree in EE at ND and told the rest of us that we didn’t know what hard classes are if we weren’t in EE/CE.

I did my undergrad at the University of Ottawa and they too have a top notch engineering degree... I played with and coached a number of engineering students at the school. I was always incredibly impressed by what those guys could handle.

I coached a kid that that was an All Canadian wide receiver and turned down an opportunity to play in the CFL because he did his undergrad in biopharmaceutical engineering and a corresponding Masters degree. He was hired prior to graduation by a German pharma company, contracted through the government. At 22 years old he was making like 400k per year and his absolute 11 out of 10 girlfriend, who was a complete sweetheart and couldn't have been any less high maintenance, was accepted to medical school over there.

Winning on such a ridiculous level. Couldn't have been better people though...

I hope the same the same for Agoro!

I did my undergrad at the University of Ottawa and they too have a top notch engineering degree... I played with and coached a number of engineering students at the school. I was always incredibly impressed by what those guys could handle.

I coached a kid that that was an All Canadian wide receiver and turned down an opportunity to play in the CFL because he did his undergrad in biopharmaceutical engineering and a corresponding Masters degree. He was hired prior to graduation by a German pharma company, contracted through the government. At 22 years old he was making like 400k per year and his absolute 11 out of 10 girlfriend, who was a complete sweetheart and couldn't have been any less high maintenance, was accepted to medical school over there.

Winning on such a ridiculous level. Couldn't have been better people though...

I hope the same the same for Agoro!

Anesthesiologists might make 400k. Chemical or biopharma engineers w masters aren’t making anywhere near that at 22. No way. I speak from first hand family experience.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Anesthesiologists might make 400k. Chemical or biopharma engineers w masters aren’t making anywhere near that at 22. No way. I speak from first hand family experience.

Anesthesiologists aren’t making 400k until their 30’s either. Undergrad, 4 years of medical school, 4-6 years of residency/fellowship. Residents make 35-40k per year as physicians.
Anesthesiologists are among the highest paid physicians, but usually around 34/5 years old before fully licensed & making that type of money.
Engineering is a crapshoot. I chuckled at the EE/CE comment because ME/AE engineers think the EE/CE majors are easy.
Medicine has basic caps.
Engineering is all dependent on each companies want & needs.
So if you have an undergrad/graduate/doctorate in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, & Aeronautical engineering, your salary is based off of need.
Those salaries can go over a million per year, but usually they are 250-500k per year.

I have to qualify that statement for you. He was working in Germany, getting paid in Euros, by a company that not only recruited him, but had to bid on him (he had offers from all over). When I said he was making 400k per year I was giving you the figure converted to Canadian dollars (where we live). 275,000 Euros is what he reported to us when he came back for homecoming. That converts to around 400k Canadian.

I've never known the kid to be a liar. Among the smartest people I've ever met. You probably know a lot more about the field than I do, I'm happy to concede that... So I'll take your word for it that 400k (Canadian) is high, but I don't have another number to give you.

Anesthesiologists aren’t making 400k until their 30’s either. Undergrad, 4 years of medical school, 4-6 years of residency/fellowship. Residents make 35-40k per year as physicians.
Anesthesiologists are among the highest paid physicians, but usually around 34/5 years old before fully licensed & making that type of money.
Engineering is a crapshoot. I chuckled at the EE/CE comment because ME/AE engineers think the EE/CE majors are easy.
Medicine has basic caps.
Engineering is all dependent on each companies want & needs.
So if you have an undergrad/graduate/doctorate in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, & Aeronautical engineering, your salary is based off of need.
Those salaries can go over a million per year, but usually they are 250-500k per year.

Oh man, engineers can make just gross money. I grew up down the street from a guy that was a specialized engineer in the operations divison of company that produces drills / diamond drill bits for mining all over the world. He operated out of their headquarters in my hometown, but if I said that he was home for 2 months per year in all the years I knew him, I think I'd be lying to you. He use to pay me to cut his grass, shovel his snow and even walk his dog when I was a kid, so his wife (who was always at home by herself with their young boys) didn't have too.

Essentially, the guy had maintenance crews subcontracted around the world to respond when one of these multi-million dollar drills went down and an untold thousands of dollars per hour was being lost for every hour that went by that it wasn't operational.

Unfortunately, far too often the subcontracted crews could not deal with the problems being presented and this guy would be forced to fly from wherever he was, to wherever he had to be, and get there as soon as possible. The guy would leave in the middle of the night with no notice, drive to Toronto and fly out of Pearson to places like Brazil, Chile, The Congo, The Philipenes, South Africa, The Czech Republic and Russia, so that he could personally oversee the repairs and the restoration of operations.

Companies would pay ridiculous amounts of money do get their drills back on line. When the guy was at home (we use to swim in his pool) his phone was glued to his face. He was constantly talking to somebody from somewhere in the world... He use to put his phone on speaker phone and people would literally be yelling and pleading with him to get his ass to God knows where around the world because they were losing unfathomable amounts of money. We would listen to the conversations and just laugh at the desperation. I've heard the phrase "I don't care what it will cost (in numerous accents) more times than I can count.

That guy partially retired in his mid 40's and he and his wife bought a 7 or 8 million dollar home on the lake in The Muskokas, which is Toronto's cottage country where all the professional athletes, and business people spend their summers at their "cottages".

Some engineers can make bananas money, I know that. If invested properly... The sky is the limit.

Oh man, engineers can make just gross money. I grew up down the street from a guy that was a specialized engineer in the operations divison of company that produces drills / diamond drill bits for mining all over the world. He operated out of their headquarters in my hometown, but if I said that he was home for 2 months per year in all the years I knew him, I think I'd be lying to you. He use to pay me to cut his grass, shovel his snow and even walk his dog when I was a kid, so his wife (who was always at home by herself with their young boys) didn't have too.

Essentially, the guy had maintenance crews subcontracted around the world to respond when one of these multi-million dollar drills went down and an untold thousands of dollars per hour was being lost for every hour that went by that it wasn't operational.

Unfortunately, far too often the subcontracted crews could not deal with the problems being presented and this guy would be forced to fly from wherever he was, to wherever he had to be, and get there as soon as possible. The guy would leave in the middle of the night with no notice, drive to Toronto and fly out of Pearson to places like Brazil, Chile, The Congo, The Philipenes, South Africa, The Czech Republic and Russia, so that he could personally oversee the repairs and the restoration of operations.

Companies would pay ridiculous amounts of money do get their drills back on line. When the guy was at home (we use to swim in his pool) his phone was glued to his face. He was constantly talking to somebody from somewhere in the world... He use to put his phone on speaker phone and people would literally be yelling and pleading with him to get his ass to God knows where around the world because they were losing unfathomable amounts of money. We would listen to the conversations and just laugh at the desperation. I've heard the phrase "I don't care what it will cost (in numerous accents) more times than I can count.

That guy partially retired in his mid 40's and he and his wife bought a 7 or 8 million dollar home on the lake in The Muskokas, which is Toronto's cottage country where all the professional athletes, and business people spend their summers at their "cottages".

Some engineers can make bananas money, I know that. If invested properly... The sky is the limit.

IIO, you should have talked him into making you his apprentice.

I agree SA, WTH is the matter with some of you clowns? The kid paid his own way, made the team as a walk-on and is now trying to parlay that into a free Masters degree and some of you are pissing on the young man?

F’n Busch League..
Plus, he went to the practice's, got beat on By the scholarship players, went to the meetings, in essence was cannon fodder. Kuddos to this young man.He got his degree, I hope he will get picked by another school, get a scholarship and get a master's degree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT