ADVERTISEMENT

Can you still scalp tickets outside the stadium?

irish4life88

Irish Expert
Jan 26, 2020
So...I no longer have season tickets as I think the prices just got too stupid. So I've been going to the stadium for years and hardly ever have an issue getting tickets at or usually below face value. But now with the new Eticketing system has that made scalping pretty much a thing of the past and if I don't want nose bleed tickets to Toledo I'm paying 200 bucks a ticket?

fyi You are no longer allowed to use the term "scalp" per the cancel culturists and woke generation.
Lol I never even thought of that term used in that context before. I told my vegetarian wife that Indians had a name for vegetarians like her. BAD HUNTERS. I guess I can say that joke anymore huh!

I always thought that scalping tickets meant selling them for more than face value. Assuming that to be the case, in light of the fact that only Cincinnati has sold out, I doubt that there will be any scalping of tickets this year.

Reactions: Kelso86
So...I no longer have season tickets as I think the prices just got too stupid. So I've been going to the stadium for years and hardly ever have an issue getting tickets at or usually below face value. But now with the new Eticketing system has that made scalping pretty much a thing of the past and if I don't want nose bleed tickets to Toledo I'm paying 200 bucks a ticket?
I’m also curious on what the day of ticketing will look like, should you lock in $200 tix now or expect to see cheaper prices closer to game day?

Not sure where you guys are coming up with this $200 figure. Tickets for the Toledo game can be had through ND for between $50 and $170.

Not sure where you guys are coming up with this $200 figure. Tickets for the Toledo game can be had through ND for between $50 and $170.

Ok, 170, +12 + tax so 192.30 per ticket, for Toledo!. Or 50 for section 101 row 500. I'm a pretty ardent ND fan, but I would not pay that much. I have tickets for this game so I'm good, but I am looking for the Purdue game. In the past I would not pay more than 10-20 bucks for this ticket outside the stadium. I don't even remember the last time I paid over face.

Ok, 170, +12 + tax so 192.30 per ticket, for Toledo!. Or 50 for section 101 row 500. I'm a pretty ardent ND fan, but I would not pay that much. I have tickets for this game so I'm good, but I am looking for the Purdue game. In the past I would not pay more than 10-20 bucks for this ticket outside the stadium. I don't even remember the last time I paid over face.
I’m looking at USC game. Buy now or wait?

Unless one is a devout "I must sit in the best seats" snob, why would anyone pay over face value for a game not sold out?

don't know where she got them from but my department manager told me tuesday that she bought two tickets for her husband's 50th birthday so he and the son could see the purdue game and the tickets were $200 something a piece

don't know where she got them from but my department manager told me tuesday that she bought two tickets for her husband's 50th birthday so he and the son could see the purdue game and the tickets were $200 something a piece
I found 4 for 400 and that included the parking pass and it was section 26. Not bad seats, but again I'm so spoiled I would never pay that. But I have company coming in and don't want to take any chances. I'll be on campus Saturday so I'll let everyone know what I find and if they are still selling them like old times just doing the e transaction on site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT