ADVERTISEMENT

Can win a lot but not championship with Ian

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
he just has no confidence throwing the ball down field.. he makes no great plays. Clemson took away everything within 5 yards of Los.... game over for book... he has an average arm but no ability downfield

he just has no confidence throwing the ball down field.. he makes no great plays. Clemson took away everything within 5 yards of Los.... game over for book... he has an average arm but no ability downfield

Book is a good college QB that can win a lot of games, but against good defenses, he is very limited
Because he has limited abilities. Too bad that a Wimbush just could not get his passing accuracy
Together, because he the much better natural talent.
Perhaps , Phil J will be our guy ? If Book is the best we have, next year will be a good season,
Like Kelly’s normal 7 to 8 wins and a minor bowl game.

Always nice to hear from coach Ray Charles.

Time....... often determines a QB’s success.

Not a lot of time tonight

I knew eventually this was going to come up. Love Golson. Hate Golson. Love MZ. Not so much MZ. Love Kizer. It's time for DK to leave already. Love BW. BW has to sit. Love Ian. Not him either. Phil. Get yourself prepared.

I knew eventually this was going to come up. Love Golson. Hate Golson. Love MZ. Not so much MZ. Love Kizer. It's time for DK to leave already. Love BW. BW has to sit. Love Ian. Not him either. Phil. Get yourself prepared.

These sentiments were inevitable. Book is the latest fan victim.
Next up. PJ!

The problem on offense was that our O-line got overwhelmed by the D-line of Clemson.

Ian Book was the best thing that happened to ND football in 2018.

The entire offense was a train wreck.

WRs couldn't get separation
Oline was terrible
QB couldn't make the throws when there were some opportunities early in the game
RB was alright i guess .. the other team took that away early though

None of this takes away from the fact that Ian Book will return in 2019 (if he does return) as one of the best QBs in the country. One bad game doesn't define a career.

Oline was terrible
QB couldn't make the throws when there were some opportunities early in the game

None of this takes away from the fact that Ian Book will return in 2019 (if he does return) as one of the best QBs in the country. One bad game doesn't define a career.
i agree the offense was exposed last night by a good defense.our receivers are poor. claypool disappears Finke does ok but Boykin seem to take every other play off. saw multiple times this year him jogging on routes were the ball was just out of his reach.TE are avg at best. Offensive line is not very good. i wont bash Ian but he has reached his ceiling against good defenses. he cant stretch defenses which allows them to jump the short routes and take away quick reads. he is not a scary enough runner to keep them honest.

i agree the offense was exposed last night by a good defense.our receivers are poor. claypool disappears Finke does ok but Boykin seem to take every other play off. saw multiple times this year him jogging on routes were the ball was just out of his reach.TE are avg at best. Offensive line is not very good. i wont bash Ian but he has reached his ceiling against good defenses. he cant stretch defenses which allows them to jump the short routes and take away quick reads. he is not a scary enough runner to keep them honest.
Wow.

If they're all as bad as you make them out to be, then how in the world did ND ever win twelve games?

Reactions: Pennick4

Oline was terrible

You’ve got to seriously ask yourself if Ian Book can put a team on his back and single handedly beat a top team ... it’s an unfair standard but it’s wht we need ... the same way Vince Young beat USC and DeShaun Watson beat Alabama cuz it will be hard to beat a team like that with our 22 v their 22 for 60 mins. Ask the same about our coach, he’s great but is he head an shoulders above the guy across the field. The mark of a difference maker is he can beat your 22 with his 22 AND he can beat his 22 with your 22. What we’ve achieved is great but I’m not sure we have either of those and without one or the other we might be seeing the ceiling.

You are correct in one major regard: Since Kelly has been at ND the QB play has been inconsistent. Not one QB has been developed over time. Not one QB has been better when leaving compared to when they arrived. More than anything else, QB play, overall, has been poor at ND over the past 10 years.

Reactions: Rionegro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT