ADVERTISEMENT

"Brian VanGorder defenses not living up to Notre Dame's investment"

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
"The numbers don't lie, even if BPorky doesn't want to face the truth publicly, ugly as it is."

"No wonder Porky answered thusly — and wryly — when asked how he has dealt with defensive deficiencies in the past.

"Scored more points," he said."

"VanGorder is one the highest-paid assistant coaches in the country."

"He doubled down over the next few days and endorsed VanGorder publicly. Blamed missed tackles and poor fundamentals and youth and, well, everything but VanGorder."

"Yeah, without question," Mr. Potota Head said of whether VanGorder is the right man for the job. "That's not even part of the conversation. It's really about the fundamentals of defense. This is not rocket science. ... There's not a question about scheme. There's not a question about who's leading it with Brian."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...brian-vangorder-spt-0922-20160921-column.html

Would you rather he say, "Yep, my DC stinks. Can't wait until the end of the season so I can try to find a new one."?

Reactions: 88ND
Would you rather he say, "Yep, my DC stinks. Can't wait until the end of the season so I can try to find a new one."?
You could say, "I believe in my coaches and players, but clearly what we're doing right now isn't working. We're going to make some changes to our defense from the way we coach, the way we align, the way we play, and maybe who plays. You'll have to see on Saturday what they will be. We'll all see on saturday if they work and are the first step to improving the defense."

Instead you get " Everything is great, just some easy fixable mistakes. What we're doing is right, we just need to coach and execute better" Except they're the same mistakes going on for the last 23 games, why haven't you fixed them in 23 games?

You could say, "I believe in my coaches and players, but clearly what we're doing right now isn't working. We're going to make some changes to our defense from the way we coach, the way we align, the way we play, and maybe who plays. You'll have to see on Saturday what they will be. We'll all see on saturday if they work and are the first step to improving the defense."

Instead you get " Everything is great, just some easy fixable mistakes. What we're doing is right, we just need to coach and execute better" Except they're the same mistakes going on for the last 23 games, why haven't you fixed them in 23 games?

Cutcliffe will test them...he's no dummy....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT