ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Kelly, When Notre Dame Fires You There’s Always Cincinnati

BK won't be fired. He is at ND until he decides he doesn't want to be at ND. Be careful what you wish for. I'm as irritated as anyone but reality has to play a part in any fan's emotions. BK is here, and BVG is here until BK or BVG himself says he isn't.

Reactions: Bodizephax

Read the article - pretty harsh - especially how he crosses out the word "fighting" and just says "Notre Dame Irish" w/ fighting crossed out - pretty appropriate - can't remember the last time ND played the game w/ a "fighting" spirit - every team we play is more motivated to play and win than our team.

Very similar to CW teams who played many games w/ very little pulse - except we do have a little better overall talent than CW had. And the overall coaching is slightly better - not by much - but slightly better.

Reactions: Jtrader
Read the article - pretty harsh - especially how he crosses out the word "fighting" and just says "Notre Dame Irish" w/ fighting crossed out - pretty appropriate - can't remember the last time ND played the game w/ a "fighting" spirit - every team we play is more motivated to play and win than our team.

Very similar to CW teams who played many games w/ very little pulse - except we do have a little better overall talent than CW had. And the overall coaching is slightly better - not by much - but slightly better.

I totally disagree about the fighting spirit of the team. They have plenty of fight. They just tend to fall short because the defense is no good. And the defense is no good because the coach is no good and the players on that side of the ball are not as talented as the offensive players are.

I totally disagree about the fighting spirit of the team. They have plenty of fight. They just tend to fall short because the defense is no good. And the defense is no good because the coach is no good and the players on that side of the ball are not as talented as the offensive players are.

When I say no fighting spirit - I meant that in many of our games the other team seems to "fight" and have the will to win more than our players. Texas was extremely motivated and played at a higher level of emotion than our team - IMO.

When I say no fighting spirit - I meant that in many of our games the other team seems to "fight" and have the will to win more than our players. Texas was extremely motivated and played at a higher level of emotion than our team - IMO.

Having a 102,000 people cheering you on and the memory of a royal ass-kicking the year before in your mind will do that to a team.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Brian Kelly has average in excess of 9 wins per season at ND. He has taken the Irish to the National Championship game. Many of the same people that want him fired state that ND will never consistently win because of the weather, academics etc. I'm as unhappy as anyone that the Irish didn't win. However Brian Kelly has taken a team that averaged 6 wins a year for the previous 6 years before he came here and has dramatically improved the program. Changes will have to be made to take the program to the elite level where we all want it to be, but changing the head coach "at this time", isn't one of them.

Not sad at all. Realistic. You may be perfect in your job, I don't know. Kelly isn't perfect. But overall he has done a very good job. Hey I want to win 13 games a year like everybody else but I don't jump on and off the bandwagon every time the coach wins or loses a game. Now that's sad, at least in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT