ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Brandyn Hillman: "Admissions denied me for Notre Dame."

Tyler James

All Star
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
The Athletic was able to catch up former Notre Dame signee and current Michigan signee Brandyn Hillman. He shed some light on the topic of his NLI release from Notre Dame, which he'd been quiet about up until this point.

“Admissions denied me for Notre Dame,” Hillman said. “As you can see, I could have committed to any other school. Notre Dame had requirements I had to meet, and I didn’t meet it.”

This is the exchange a reporter had with Marcus Freeman today about Hillman ...

How did the Brandyn Hillman situation come about? Is that a new normal where players who don’t early enroll are still in play for other schools?

"No. It was his own personal reasons. I'll let Brandyn tell his story. I'm sure at some point he will. It was his own personal reasons. I don't see that being a new norm. It's unfortunate for us that he didn't come here. It was really a personal decision he made. We have to look at our safeties room and say, ‘OK, after spring, do we need to get a transfer for the depth of the room?’ That's what 15 practices will be able to tell us. That's the beauty of this thing. You're not really preparing to win a game on April 22nd. But really you’re saying, ‘OK, where can you look at your roster and say do we need an addition here? Do we need at some spot to be able to have some depth and maybe you'll get somebody out of the portal."

Reactions: mcdermottrules
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News