ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wimbush move to running back !!

Very stupid, very ignorant post:

First off, there is no way in hell they are moving Wimbush to RB. If he gets hurt we have no backup QB. If Kelly did say something along these lines, he is referring to an occasional "special play", but wants to make it appear Wimbush plays RB on a regular basis so the defenses are not on red alert.

2nd, we are quite fine with Dexter, Armstrong, and Jones. We don't need Wimbush at RB.

Think before you post.

"Think before you post."

You do know what you are asking -- correct??? lol

Reactions: irontooth123
Very stupid, very ignorant post:

First off, there is no way in hell they are moving Wimbush to RB. If he gets hurt we have no backup QB. If Kelly did say something along these lines, he is referring to an occasional "special play", but wants to make it appear Wimbush plays RB on a regular basis so the defenses are not on red alert.

2nd, we are quite fine with Dexter, Armstrong, and Jones. We don't need Wimbush at RB.

Think before you post.

Brian Kellys words not mine. Grow up.

I just want to know BK's exact words or at least have a link to his comments. I searched and found nothing about BW involved with the running game and he will be one of our best down the stretch. I figure if the comment was made, then it would be front page news with all the ND media types. But, as far as I can tell, it's been quiet. There could be a package developed especially for BW. Most everyone might be onboard with that. But, as a RB who might be one of our best down the stretch. What does that even mean?

Does not matter -- looks like Brandon will be back in the spotlight Saturday night against Florida State!

This latest injury report about Ian is exactly why the "story" about BW playing RB is nonsense. No sources have been provided. No context. No exact quotes. Nothing. If anything, BW can now play RB from the QB position, but he better bring his arm along for the ride.

For all you people that did not believe Bodi when he said Coach Kelly said that he was going to try Wimbush at runningback during the last few games: What was Wimbush doing at the runningback position against Syracuse IN WHICH Book handed him the ball twice ? Was that a mirrage?
Expect more of the same against USC.

Reactions: nemeth#5
This latest injury report about Ian is exactly why the "story" about BW playing RB is nonsense. No sources have been provided. No context. No exact quotes. Nothing. If anything, BW can now play RB from the QB position, but he better bring his arm along for the ride.

????? Than why did he play running back against Syracuse.

fascination ? don't flatter yourself. i do find the vast majority of your posts quite though amusing because of your complete lack of football knowledge. Your totally uninformed game "grades" are always good for a hearty belly laugh. they are hilarious. stupid for sure but hilarious nonetheless.

I am glad someone else gets a kick out of those 'grades.' Not only uneducated and biased, but also unsolicited.

First off, I question the coaching staff's decision to put Wimbush in when it was only 13-0 and the Irish were backed up on their own 10-yard line. Everyone in the stadium knew he was getting the ball and of course, we know the results. If Syracuse would have come back down and scored to make it 13-7, this decision would have been scrutinized beyond belief.

2nd, if Wimbush would have gotten hurt with one game to go before a playoff birth, and something happened to Book, this decision would have gone down as one of the worst decision in coaching history. In my opinion, this is such a bad decision that if the worst happened, continuing to employ the coach would and should be up for debate.

And finally, Wimbush is NOT, REPEAT NOT, a better RB than any of these 3 (Williams, Armstrong, Jones). He should not see the field unless Kelly has some ultimate plan to use him in a trick play if we should need it down the road, but for now, used just as a decoy. However, every team will be on the lookout for such a trick play so it makes no sense.

It is one thing to reward a player for being a good teammate. It is quite another to put the whole season in jeopardy. And anyone who posts. "I told you so" is just as dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT