ADVERTISEMENT

Book will be fine.

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
A lot of posters are posting a lot of negatives concerning Book.

Did Book have a good game against Louisville? No!

Should Book be defined strictly from the first game? No!

You have to look at the whole body of work. ND was 9-1 last season with Book at QB.

Ranked eighth nationally with a 68.2 completion percentage and 17th in pass efficiency.

Book played a major part in the success ND had last season.

I would like to see Chip roll Book out of the pocket more to see the field better. He is simply not a pocket passer. No matter what you do he will not be a pocket passer. Roll him out on the intermediate routs and drop him back for the deep routs.

You have to look at the whole body of work. ND was 9-1 last season with Book at QB.

Ranked eighth nationally with a 68.2 completion percentage and 17th in pass efficiency.

I would like to see Chip roll Book out of the pocket more to see the field better. He is simply not a pocket passer. No matter what you do he will not be a pocket passer. Roll him out on the intermediate routs and drop him back for the deep routs.
Already discussed this in our predictable play calling thread.

They don't need to do a full rollout.

Example...on the east west run play that BK loves and apparently Long as well....

The defense sells out on that. Why? We run nothing else off that formation and what the RB does on that play.

The RB turns laterally immediately and sprints two steps or so then gets the handoff.

The moment the ball is snapped I know exactly what play is coming.

Thus the defense does too.

One play is a fake on that and a QB waggle opposite direction the running back is going.

Hitting a reciever running a drag route or god forbid a post route coming from the back side.

When was the last time we ran a play agd you thought holy shit where did that come from?

We run the same exact shit week in and week out.

It's become stale.

The other thing with Book is he is now locked on to one receiver. Pre snap his mind is made up and if that receiver is covered he bails.

I don't quite understand your post...

You tittle it Book will be fine but by your own post admit Book wont be fine continuously running plays from the pocket.

You really think our coaches are going to throw new wrinkles in?

Thet never have so far.

They never do in a big bowl game with 6 weeks prep time.

So in other words he WON'T be fine!

Example...on the east west run play that BK loves and apparently Long as well....

The defense sells out on that. Why? We run nothing else off that formation and what the RB does on that play.

The RB turns laterally immediately and sprints two steps or so then gets the handoff.

One play is a fake on that and a QB waggle opposite direction the running back is going.

Hitting a reciever running a drag route or god forbid a post route coming from the back side.

When was the last time we ran a play agd you thought holy shit where did that come from?

It's become stale.

The other thing with Book is he is now locked on to one receiver. Pre snap his mind is made up and if that receiver is covered he bails.

You tittle it Book will be fine but by your own post admit Book wont be fine continuously running plays from the pocket.

Thet never have so far.

Book cannot see over the line on short intermediate routes

Book cannot see over the line on short intermediate routes
I'm really lost now.

You just got done promoting his completion percentage yet all he throws are short or intermediate routes.

Now you're saying he can't see over the line on those routes.

Kelly and 2nd year starters have been a thing of regression.

So far and it's only one game but Book is holding that perception of Kelly true.

It's become stale.

Thet never have so far.

Well, you pretty much covered it.

Reactions: 88ND

It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself he'll be fine, while avoiding the evidence of the contrary.

It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself he'll be fine, while avoiding the evidence of the contrary.
I have no reason to convince myself of anything. Book proved last season he can get the job done.

You are from the group of people that no matter what, ND does, you guys will create issues that are really not issues.

Reactions: Irishbird1978
I'm really lost now.

You just got done promoting his completion percentage yet all he throws are short or intermediate routes.

Now you're saying he can't see over the line on those routes.

Kelly and 2nd year starters have been a thing of regression.

So far and it's only one game but Book is holding that perception of Kelly true.
Okay

I have no reason to convince myself of anything. Book proved last season he can get the job done.

You are from the group of people that no matter what, ND does, you guys will create issues that are really not issues.
That is so wrong. 180 degrees wrong.

What part of this do you not understand....

You feel the need to start a thread that Book will be ok.
That alone means you sense there is something possibly off.

Then after reaffirming nothing wrong with Book you say if the plays don't change Book is in trouble.

Then you switch again and say he's a magician with this high completion percentage...

But then switch once more saying he can't see over the line to throw the intermediate and short routes.

I say, along with pretty much every observant that all Ian Book throws is intermediate and short routes.

Now back to business...

You think those of us who post reality get excited or want to say negative shit?

W
R
O
N
G

I wish there was nothing to say about any of it.

Especially the remedial stupid shit like running the llloonnngggg developing east west run play over and over...

But this is present ND football.

I'll root harder than you do every week I bet...

But I also see things you apparently do not and live in the land of reality instead of fantasy borough.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
That is so wrong. 180 degrees wrong.

What part of this do you not understand....

You feel the need to start a thread that Book will be ok.
That alone means you sense there is something possibly off.

Then after reaffirming nothing wrong with Book you say if the plays don't change Book is in trouble.

Then you switch again and say he's a magician with this high completion percentage...

But then switch once more saying he can't see over the line to throw the intermediate and short routes.

I say, along with pretty much every observant that all Ian Book throws is intermediate and short routes.

Now back to business...

You think those of us who post reality get excited or want to say negative shit?

W
R
O
N
G

I wish there was nothing to say about any of it.

Especially the remedial stupid shit like running the llloonnngggg developing east west run play over and over...

But this is present ND football.

I'll root harder than you do every week I bet...

But I also see things you apparently do not and live in the land of reality instead of fantasy borough.
As I said, okay.

“I would like to see Chip roll Book out of the pocket more to see the field better.”

Me too. Not necessarily because he has to see the field better but you’d think w/ a good athlete that’s only 6 feet tall, they’d run more waggles and boots and designed rollouts. Don’t remember those types of plays ever called, rarely if at all, which is a head scratcher.

Book has to improve. He can’t get worse. He was better last season. I think all the weight lifting in the summer hurt his accuracy. Weights will do that. However, once the arm conditioning of a few games kicks in, all that weight room work should start to pay off as the accuracy returns, making him a stronger passer, less prone to injury, and harder to tackle. I think he’ll get better. Unfortunately, he’ll never be a Kyler Murray no matter what he does.

It's become stale.

Thet never have so far.

Translation, "Kelly Sucks, ummm Kelly Sucks, and oh yea Kelly sucks. Again, did not read a word just know the same ole song. BTW, does anyone else believe 88ND and Hoosier 26 are one in the same? I think so, I've even noticed in the past they have the exact same grammatical errors. If so, that's just sad!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT