ADVERTISEMENT

Blake Hebert to ND

Great pickup to replace Knight. Although I doubt he's related to Bobby Hebert. Bobby Hebert was from Louisiana, and this kid's from Massachusetts.

Reactions: edub72
Good news. It’s probably for the best in the long run that ND got Hebert instead of Knight since Knight seemed less likely to stick around for 2-5 years (and I never took it as a given that he would leave after one or two years).

Just going off of rating, this seems like a good pickup this late in the cycle and to get a guy from Clemson.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Found this on the Clemson board while trying to find more info:

"Blake Hebert looks to be one of the toolsiest and most physically-developed quarterbacks thus far in the 2025 cycle and debuts at No. 66 overall in the updated 2025 On300. The Lawrence (Mass.) Central Catholic quarterback is a big, strong-armed passer with high-end athleticism and movement skills. Hebert is close to 6-foot-3, 210 pounds and recently posted an electronically-timed 4.64-second 40-yard dash at Under Armour’s New Jersey regional – in a driving rain. The physical tools he flashes on his sophomore film are even more impressive. Hebert has a plus arm at this stage. The ball jumps out of his 10-inch hand. He easily pushes the ball downfield and throws with considerable zip over the middle of the field. Simply put, the arm and athleticism look to be highly translatable entering his junior season. Hebert threw for 24 touchdowns against just one interception as a sophomore".

Reactions: FightingIrish44

"Blake Hebert looks to be one of the toolsiest and most physically-developed quarterbacks thus far in the 2025 cycle and debuts at No. 66 overall in the updated 2025 On300. The Lawrence (Mass.) Central Catholic quarterback is a big, strong-armed passer with high-end athleticism and movement skills. Hebert is close to 6-foot-3, 210 pounds and recently posted an electronically-timed 4.64-second 40-yard dash at Under Armour’s New Jersey regional – in a driving rain. The physical tools he flashes on his sophomore film are even more impressive. Hebert has a plus arm at this stage. The ball jumps out of his 10-inch hand. He easily pushes the ball downfield and throws with considerable zip over the middle of the field. Simply put, the arm and athleticism look to be highly translatable entering his junior season. Hebert threw for 24 touchdowns against just one interception as a sophomore".
Those are really good measurables if legit.

Good news. It’s probably for the best in the long run that ND got Hebert instead of Knight since Knight seemed less likely to stick around for 2-5 years (and I never took it as a given that he would leave after one or two years).

Just going off of rating, this seems like a good pickup this late in the cycle and to get a guy from Clemson.
For the best? Uuuuuuuuh. No.

Those are outstanding measurables.

Impressive that the staff was able to react so quickly to Deuce de-committing.

Thats impressive recruiting. There's a back story to this that was in the shadows of Deuce Knight....which we may never hear about...but this is the kind of recruiting win that Notre Dame needs more of. Well done to the coaches.

I just watched his film. I think he is criminally underrated. He's got size, strength, mobility, speed, throws the deep ball well, good touch on his throws. If I had to nitpick some of his passes sail a lil bit. I'm guessing there may be some accuracy issues that we don't see on film. But I'm excited about this guy.

This kid looks like aces. What a great pickup, maybe better than Deuce, who from what I saw of on film looked like just a bit of a project, notwithstanding his high upside. I wanted the guy from Hawaii, but this guy seems great. And a dual threat.

Reactions: IrishMike409
This kid looks like aces. What a great pickup, maybe better than Deuce, who from what I saw of on film looked like just a bit of a project, notwithstanding his high upside. I wanted the guy from Hawaii, but this guy seems great. And a dual threat.
Interesting your comment about better than deucebag. Legit Reports say ND had this guy at top if their list in June 23 and then he committed to Clemson. Deucebag then committed to us in September. So Hebert was our first guy or right at top of list
And the Board better not give me crap about my nickname for knight. That guy has zero character and is a liar

Reactions: BGI User 756
So four players committed to ND from Connecticut…building a pipeline to the talent rich state.

Three teammates from the same high school? That’s pretty darn cool to play eight years together like that (hopefully).

Edit: transferred from Massachusetts. Still cool though.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409

Don’t think he’ll be ready to see the field next year or even his sophomore season. However, he does look to have the tools to become a serviceable quarterback.

Don’t think he’ll be ready to see the field next year or even his sophomore season. However, he does look to have the tools to become a serviceable quarterback.
I know, that's not near as promising as the highlight video I googled. Definitely has the tools. But way too many interceptions and erratic, wildly inaccurate throws. But I guess that's what actual game film looks like, not just the very best throws. He can definitely run. He looks sort of like Jaxson Dart only faster, but not as soft a touch.

Thanks for posting. There is a lack of consistency w/ his accuracy. He has a tendency to rush himself and play too fast. As a result, you can see he throws flat footed causing inaccuracy. He has a very strong arm, so that allows him to get away w/ it at times. If he can improve on being patient and fundamentally sound, I think he'll a very good QB. He's going into a great situation w/ ND and will have 2 years minimum to improve. With Gino and Denbrock leading the way with the likes of Angeli, Minchey, Carr, Hebert, and Grubbs. There's a lot to be excited about.

I just watched his film. I think he is criminally underrated. He's got size, strength, mobility, speed, throws the deep ball well, good touch on his throws. If I had to nitpick some of his passes sail a lil bit. I'm guessing there may be some accuracy issues that we don't see on film. But I'm excited about this guy.
Not sure I have my facts correct, but I believe he had an incredible sophomore year. Broke his ankle the first game of his jr year and missed the entire season. He’s put up poor or mediocre numbers thru four games thus far in his senior year. Big strong fast athletic kid with a big arm who’s rating reflects his missed jr season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT