ADVERTISEMENT

Beginning of the End for Kelly

ZORO50

ND Expert
Dec 28, 2008
This is another egg laid in a big home game.
Lack of execution, Stupid penalties
No power running game.
No one steps up to make plays.
Turnovers in big games always.

Scott Booker needs to be fired with BVG. Our special teams in other years were a joke. Zero punt returns one year. Couldn't cover another.
Now are tight ends are a joke.
Two stupid plays on specials.

Notice every team goes long on Cole Luke. He can't cover anyone.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Kelly. He puts up with mediocre coaches like Booker and BVG.

No power running game.

Scott Booker needs to be fired with BVG. Our special teams in other years were a joke. Zero punt returns one year. Couldn't cover another.
Two stupid play on specials.

I think this is the beginning of the end for Kelly. He puts up with mediocre coaches like Booker and BVG.
How about secondary coaching

Just play all the young kids.
Cole Luke is Clifford Jefferson.
All good teams blow him up all day.
All throw deep on him.

ND should just focus on basketball. The football program is a source of embarrassment.

Reactions: Java65
Wish it was the beginning of the end but if he continues to put this mediocre product on the field with a mixed in 10 win season every few years he will be here for the entire duration of his extension. I figure he walks away when that time comes.

Reactions: Java65
Durham Smythe and Cole Luke.
Does the staff actually watch the game.
Why do they play?
Smythe can't do anything. Not one thing.

Durham Smythe and Cole Luke.
Does the staff actually watch the game.
Why do they play?
Smythe can't do anything. Not one thing.

The scary part about that is if they are best option how bad is the talent on this team.

Kelly never has a plan for when he gets hit in the mouth.

How may consecutive drives are they going to run pass pass or run run pass???

This whole staff needs to go. He's had 7 years and can't get it done. Embarrassed at home. This team flat out stinks!

Reactions: ndhell
I wish this thread were correct but unless they completely collapse and only win 3-4 games this year I don't think there is any chance he gets fired this year. Best case is after next season.

Only coach to last more than 5 years at ND and not win a major bowl game... forget NC, he hasn't even won a major bowl.

That read- option running game is horrible too.
Zero power.
Give Adams a chance on one f'ing play with a lead blocker.

No power running game.

He should have been fired a long time ago. He sux

I wanted to be wrong about BK, but 3+ seasons ago his level of competence was hinted at.

His style paired with the kind of recruits ND can get is a terrible miss-match.

soon to be 0-7 in terms of big post season W's and a very good bet to break that record next season!

These ill concieved contract extensions are killing the ND football program.

I wanted to be wrong about BK, but 3+ seasons ago his level of competence was hinted at.

soon to be 0-7 in terms of big post season W's and a very good bet to break that record next season!

Bad team / bad program. Mediocrity defined. They'll stick with Kelly and Van Gorder bc the administration doesn't care . Only care about $$$$ and reputation. Hopefully $ starts to dry up. That's the only thing that'll get their attention. The die hard s true blue get taken for a ride. A 20+ yr one. I've had enough... I'm out. Recruiting will take a big dive. School and athletic dept with their heads up their ..... re. football. They ought to have more pride. Kelly and co. need an exit visa but 7-5 is just pretty damn fine to these people. They can screw themselves along with the Pollyanna s. This team sucks!!! This program is mediocre in spite of all its resources. I'm not going to watch this shit anymore. No freaking pride. Inexecusable. Wake me up when they hire a legit coach and the school commits to winning instead of living on past tradition. Wtf!!

Wtf?

Thought Kelly might better, but really not a big improvement over Davie, willi, or charlie

so you all know : I wanted to be wrong about Kelly!

I wanted ND to be a National Power player in college football, the way it was and should be.

Reactions: DublinND
No power running game.

As long as Kelly can consistently win 8+ games per season - he will have a job for life.

The new standard for ND is getting a bowl invitation - even a minor bowl (with a minimal pay out)!

Kelly is Swarbrick's man. Firing Kelly, Swarbrick would have to admit he made a bad hire.....and then extended his contract for 6 years....not gonna happen

Wtf?

Thought Kelly might better, but really not a big improvement over Davie, willi, or charlie
Notre dame needs a serious Metanoia re. football program. They want it both ways. Patience with this BS is beyond worn thin. Tell Fr Jenkins to call up the Ivy League or Patriot league and see if they'll take in his football program. Then he can honestly live out his ivory pure academic principles and ideas of amateur atheletics. But they'll hv to give up the NBC contract etc. Will they .... hardly. Hypocrites. This program is a dumpster fire. The FOBS ( friends of Brian) ie Longo / BVG etc hv lead ND to the state of national embarrassment. It's a freaking disgrace. Stanford / MSU and Wisconsin can win big games regularly with athletes well below NDS in terms of annual recruiting rankings . Face it Kelly and co suck!!! It's a big ruse / marketing hype. Vote with your feet . Or else this will go on for another 20 yrs . Make a true commitment to be an elite program again or get the hell out!

Reactions: dagimpper1 and VTND
Kelly curses at Todd Lyght
and says nothing to BVG on the blown
coverage by Cole Luke.
What a jerk! It's your fault.
Kelly isn't an elite coach.
Underperforming. Out toughed again
Poor tackling. Penalties, turnovers, stupidity.
Best QB in the nation
Tons of talent with EQ, Sanders, Kizer, Adams, Claypool. Nyles Morgan.

Get an elite coach.

Notre dame needs a serious Metanoia re. football program. They want it both ways. Patience with this BS is beyond worn thin. Tell Fr Jenkins to call up the Ivy League or Patriot league and see if they'll take in his football program. Then he can honestly live out his ivory pure academic principles and ideas of amateur atheletics. But they'll hv to give up the NBC contract etc. Will they .... hardly. Hypocrites. This program is a dumpster fire. The FOBS ( friends of Brian) ie Longo / BVG etc hv lead ND to the state of national embarrassment. It's a freaking disgrace. Stanford / MSU and Wisconsin can win big games regularly with athletes well below NDS in terms of annual recruiting rankings . Face it Kelly and co suck!!! It's a big ruse / marketing hype. Vote with your feet . Or else this will go on for another 20 yrs . Make a true commitment to be an elite program again or get the hell out!
I like that you mentioned those programs...They win because they all do what ND should.....go behind the center with a running back and fullback.......Run the ball down your throat........play action..........and play fundamental football.

Play Andrew Wimbush if he is still on the team.
Weird, Alabama was out of the shotgun all day today and ran a read option. I'll be damned. Count their snaps out of shotgun vs under center and come back to me.. Na wouldn't fit the agenda

Weird, Alabama was out of the shotgun all day today and ran a read option. I'll be damned. Count their snaps out of shotgun vs under center and come back to me.. Na wouldn't fit the agenda
Who's Andrew Wimbush? We recruiting his little bro?

Reactions: VTND

Everyone does it. It's the norm...long undeserved extensions is normal now in all college football.

explain to me!

how the hell does ND, with one of the nations top business schools 'continuously' find itself in these horrible contract predicaments!

example of a possible condition:
2nd 6 yr contract clause, 'if your ND career winning % falls below .700 at a seasons end, ND has the right to buy out the contract by paying off the full next 1 year of the contract'.

why these 1 sided deals? did the ND contract negotiators go to class?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT