ADVERTISEMENT

Ask Coach Kelly

Or if you have any venting to do or a problem with BK's decision making or coaching style or perhaps the way he looks, now is your time to tell him man to man. This will be your time to shine instead of hiding behind an anonymous message board. I would ask him to comment on Deshaun Watson's take on labeling black QBs as dual threat. Apparently the kid thinks it's profiling. We have three DUAL THREAT QBs at ND and Watson finds that offensive.

Reactions: zonairish and Ara64
Or if you have any venting to do or a problem with BK's decision making or coaching style or perhaps the way he looks, now is your time to tell him man to man. This will be your time to shine instead of hiding behind an anonymous message board. I would ask him to comment on Deshaun Watson's take on labeling black QBs as dual threat. Apparently the kid thinks it's profiling. We have three DUAL THREAT QBs at ND and Watson finds that offensive.

cvgr this post was meant for you

Toby, Soo ! if I understand it correctly a phone call is now "Face to Face" and or "Man to Man? Jeeesh! [Or do I need my batteries checked? smile]

A call in phone call is as close as any of us will ever get to the good coach. So, if anyone has an issue with BK, this is the time to call in and let him know. "Face to face" are your words, not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: greengael
A call in phone call is as close as any of us will ever get to the good coach

I can only speak for myself but I've had conversations with Lou Holtz, Urban Meyer, Bob Davie, Autry Denson, and Chuck Strong.

So I don't agree that none of us will ever get to speak to the good coach.

I can only speak for myself but I've had conversations with Lou Holtz, Urban Meyer, Bob Davie, Autry Denson, and Chuck Strong.

i call bs. you lying here is well documented as are your multiple screen names.

Reactions: Kelso86
i call bs. you lying here is well documented as are your multiple screen names

Another poster asked me to explain my position. You disagree and get very abusive. Perhaps a result of your CTE?

Whatever it is, please feel free to put me on ignore. I don't need your abuse. I'm just here to talk ND football with other ND fans.

Go Irish!

Another poster asked me to explain my position. You disagree and get very abusive. Perhaps a result of your CTE?

Whatever it is, please feel free to put me on ignore. I don't need your abuse. I'm just here to talk ND football with other ND fans.

Go Irish!
ha ! abuse ? wow are you soft.

Again, use the ignore for me please.

I'm just here to talk ND football. I'll leave the unit measuring to you and your troll friends.

Go Irish!

A call in phone call is as close as any of us will ever get to the good coach. So, if anyone has an issue with BK, this is the time to call in and let him know. "Face to face" are your words, not mine.
Yes you are correct my words not yours. mea culpa. "Man to Man" conveys a similar meaning , no?

JohnO...just curious, what constitutes a conversation in these instances? One thing to talk football at a social or following a speaking engagement at an alumni gathering, and another to meet and greet over the divider between urinal stalls. I'm sure there are alums who have in fact had multiple social football conversations with our coaches, as that is the whole point of fund raisers. However, as a California based die hard ND subway alum damn near since birth, I am among the vast majority that have never had any such face to face.

Lou recruited my friend. So I was at the house when he visited for recruiting and heard his pitch and watched him do his magic tricks. Then attended many events during my friends time on the team. Met Strong, Davie, and Urban Meyer during senior day events and they sat at the table and we talked about the team and some recruits they were looking at from California that we knew.

Went to a number of events that Lou spoke to the parents and players. One in particular was after Mike Tyson had some problems. Lou took all of us into a meeting room and explained his thoughts on ND athletes being 'targets' for some less than scrupulous women.

Met Autry a few times during his playing days as they were on the same team. These were just friends hanging out in the dorm after the game on saturday and then hanging out on Sunday. He was a player then.

Forgot to mention Greg Mattison. He was also there but didn't say much.

As a subway alum from California like yourself. You can imagine I was in my glory. Good times. Good, good times.

Went to a number of events that Lou spoke to the parents and players. One in particular was after Mike Tyson had some problems. Lou took all of us into a meeting room and explained his thoughts on ND athletes being 'targets' for some less than scrupulous women.

So what Lou took away from Mike Tyson being a rapist is that athletes need to be aware of "less than scrupulous" women???

I wish he would have talked to them about athletes not raping women instead.

It was more like "Even if a woman comes back to your room and appears to be willing, tomorrow she might tell a different story. Because you are an athlete playing on a marquee team."

They already know not to rape women. These were all parents, it might be a little rude to assume any of us taught our kids to rape. But, I don't know what happens in your home so I won't assume.

I have also met a couple of Irish HCs at alumni and sports banquets and they did take questions after the meal. Not one question or comment from guests were of an aggressive nature like we find on this board. That's the big diff. Exchanging pleasantries is one thing. Criticizing and finger pointing is quite another. Way back in the thread,I mentioned that I would ask BK about the Watson comment. Fair question to ask of our guy since we have three elite dual threat QBs on schollie.

Did anyone ask BK about his two-point chart ?
I think it should be torched in flames.
Led to losses vs Northwestern, Clemson and Stanford.

Simply put- kick the extra point if there is even just a little time and in college football even 3-5 minutes can be an eternity.

I we lose another game where he goes for 2 early and it comes back to bite us in the ass which it has- time after time.
I will lose my mind.

So, I didn't listen to the radio call in show with BK, but, I will assume that no one from this board called in and challenged BKs decision making skills or criticized his game day approach or made any comment at all about his physical appearance. It probably is much easier just to do all those things cloaked in anonymity on a free message board I'm thinking. You all had your chance to set the record straight with your grievances.

It was more like "Even if a woman comes back to your room and appears to be willing, tomorrow she might tell a different story. Because you are an athlete playing on a marquee team."

They already know not to rape women. These were all parents, it might be a little rude to assume any of us taught our kids to rape. But, I don't know what happens in your home so I won't assume.
Did Lou mention Kim Dunbar ? She slept with half his team.

Kim may actually have still been there at the time. I'm not sure.

But nobody asked that of Lou. When someone who is brilliant at his job and is speaking, many of us listen with respect, hoping to learn. We don't assume because we have been coaching 8th graders for 20 years that we're expert at anything.

JohnO.....good, very good time for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Kim may actually have still been there at the time. I'm not sure.

But nobody asked that of Lou. When someone who is brilliant at his job and is speaking, many of us listen with respect, hoping to learn. We don't assume because we have been coaching 8th graders for 20 years that we're expert at anything.
Who there coached 8th graders ? Certainly not you as you possess little if any basic football knowledge.

Last edited:

Not sure handing them their burgers and fries constitutes a conversation.

Not sure handing them their burgers and fries constitutes a conversation.

I don't know who you are but I'm just a ND football fan here to discuss ND football with other fans.

So much ignorance, hate, and anger with some of these posters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT