ADVERTISEMENT

Aside from the tattoo scandal..

Gimmea10wincoach

Future coach
Nov 21, 2016
vegas
What has Tressel done to not be the first candidate as Kelly's replacement? If we get blown out this sat. I would politely tell him to head back and pack! I know those of us that dream big back to the days of old (Holtz) for me walking the sideline every game. Felt as though we were invincible on Saturdays. Me personally I know what could solve our problems. Tressel! Im sold. If he is interested i offer him what he wants. Guy is organized, professional, players love him. Before anyone starts with the no thank you's I'd find it laughable to question his integrity opposite our current situation. Guy beat Michigan 8 times! Had ONLY 2 yes 2! Seasons with less than double digit wins. If the administration wants to keep up with Michigan and Ohio st. Theres your answer. If a coach can win double digit seasons at ND it typically leads to statues...jus sayin. Brian Kelly has a 39-30 record minus the wins 12-13! .603 win pct. Willingham had .586. Im so done. Sorry had to vent

Reactions: NDskins and end_23
The tattoo scandal involved lying to the NCAA. That's way beyond anything going on in this case.

Why? They have lost the desire to win football games? The administration cannot hire god himself! Apparently that's what some would have you believe is what's needed to turn things around. I think a proven coach one with a track record of success at this level would be fine. I watched plenty of OSU games with Tressel as the coach, never thought he looked outmatched. Kelly....
Miles is out there too. Much more of a gamble and les likely, but when you have 2 coaches wearing championship hardware sitting around waiting for opportunity. I for one find that to hard to pass.

Even if they go another direction just go! Getting a DC or staff shake up wont work an overhaul is in order. Just dont tell me we cant get a homerun hire and if so then I'll move on because the product is'nt what I've invested so much of my interest in over the years. I'd much rather lay down the proverbial pipe and get on with my life, if the powers that be are ok with the current situation and have settled for mediocrity. For one reason or another they just cant get it right? Maybe a shake up is in order. Hell Trump won! Crazier things...

Only one problem with Tressel. He no longer wants to coach football and has said he is happy with being the President of Youngstown. So find you another dream coach.

I dont care if it's Tressel. They could go get Narduzzi! At least we would trot out a fundamentally sound defense. Point is there are options. Arguably better options than 2010 make the move, if winning is still important.

When Tressel was the coach at Ohio State, the football team had a 48% grad rate, for minorities is was just 32%. Tressel had a long history of skirting the NCAA rules and pretty much letting their players get away with whatever they want. I have a better chance of being the next ND coach.

So by my estimation, so many find every excuse to find the reasons coaches wont come here? If thats the case why watch? I mean clearly Clemson Bama Ohio st. Michigan Florida st. To name a few can go and find REAL football coaches. Yet the most storied program in all of sports Can't? If thats true? A shake up of the highest order is necessary. Top of the list! Let me pose this question.
Max Redfield who had more than one disciplinary problem. Was on scholarship for roughly 125k a yr estimated 500k for his full schollie. His whole life ahead of him, and you kick him out for a piss poor decision? Brian Kelly makes roughly 4.5 mill to make piss poor decisions from Sep. To Nov. And beyond. For the last seven years! Seven years! I feel like we are being brain washed! Turn on damn near any game and watch good coaching its everywhere but here.

So by my estimation, so many find every excuse to find the reasons coaches wont come here? If thats the case why watch? I mean clearly Clemson Bama Ohio st. Michigan Florida st. To name a few can go and find REAL football coaches. Yet the most storied program in all of sports Can't? If thats true? A shake up of the highest order is necessary. Top of the list! Let me pose this question.
Max Redfield who had more than one disciplinary problem. Was on scholarship for roughly 125k a yr estimated 500k for his full schollie. His whole life ahead of him, and you kick him out for a piss poor decision? Brian Kelly makes roughly 4.5 mill to make piss poor decisions from Sep. To Nov. And beyond. For the last seven years! Seven years! I feel like we are being brain washed! Turn on damn near any game and watch good coaching its everywhere but here.

I would suggest that you don't watch. ND is obviously not performing up to your standards.

Max Redfield who had more than one disciplinary problem. Was on scholarship for roughly 125k a yr estimated 500k for his full schollie. His whole life ahead of him, and you kick him out for a piss poor decision? Brian Kelly makes roughly 4.5 mill to make piss poor decisions from Sep. To Nov. And beyond. For the last seven years! Seven years! I feel like we are being brain washed! Turn on damn near any game and watch good coaching its everywhere but here. Also i know many agree with me and many dont thats fine but dont tell me who can we get, or no one of any note will take the job.

I'm curious what your standards are 78? My handle says everything you need to know about what im looking for in a coach 10 wins is reasonable in my estimation. Mich. St. Wisconsin Ohio st. Soon to be Michigan under Harbaugh are all getting to the 10 win plateau. That is the standard and Kelly has achieved that 1 time minus 2012. I find that unacceptable. I dont believe its unreasonable to believe Kelly incompotent! 7 yrs. Is a body of work. Thats what i base it on. Poor special teams 7 years. Predictable play calling 7 yrs. Misses at crucial positions and or transfers at positions of need 7 yrs. Ive given plenty of reasons why i believe he should go care to rebutt as to your take on it?

What has Tressel done to not be the first candidate as Kelly's replacement? If we get blown out this sat. I would politely tell him to head back and pack! I know those of us that dream big back to the days of old (Holtz) for me walking the sideline every game. Felt as though we were invincible on Saturdays. Me personally I know what could solve our problems. Tressel! Im sold. If he is interested i offer him what he wants. Guy is organized, professional, players love him. Before anyone starts with the no thank you's I'd find it laughable to question his integrity opposite our current situation. Guy beat Michigan 8 times! Had ONLY 2 yes 2! Seasons with less than double digit wins. If the administration wants to keep up with Michigan and Ohio st. Theres your answer. If a coach can win double digit seasons at ND it typically leads to statues...jus sayin. Brian Kelly has a 39-30 record minus the wins 12-13! .603 win pct. Willingham had .586. Im so done. Sorry had to vent
Tressel I think could not coach in college for at least 5 years. Think the time is up.
I don't think any school that has had an NCAA infraction and been punished for it is going to hire him. Think he also was there when Troy Smith got suspended .

I'm curious what your standards are 78? My handle says everything you need to know about what im looking for in a coach 10 wins is reasonable in my estimation. Mich. St. Wisconsin Ohio st. Soon to be Michigan under Harbaugh are all getting to the 10 win plateau. That is the standard and Kelly has achieved that 1 time minus 2012. I find that unacceptable. I dont believe its unreasonable to believe Kelly incompotent! 7 yrs. Is a body of work. Thats what i base it on. Poor special teams 7 years. Predictable play calling 7 yrs. Misses at crucial positions and or transfers at positions of need 7 yrs. Ive given plenty of reasons why i believe he should go care to rebutt as to your take on it?

Michigan State is currently 3-8. So much for that argument.

Reactions: Pennick44
Michigan State is currently 3-8. So much for that argument.
Its funny how shortsided some of you are! 3-8 really? His past seasons prior are 12-2 11-2 12-1* we kept them from the title game! Rose bowl W btw! 7-6 11-3 11-2 so yea just like our irish do better! Its sad some are so comfortable with mediocrity. If Kelly or any coach at ND put up those kind of seasons statues are erected. Am i wrong? Enlighten me.

Its funny how shortsided some of you are! 3-8 really? His past seasons prior are 12-2 11-2 12-1* we kept them from the title game! Rose bowl W btw! 7-6 11-3 11-2 so yea just like our irish do better! Its sad some are so comfortable with mediocrity. If Kelly or any coach at ND put up those kind of seasons statues are erected. Am i wrong? Enlighten me.

Yawn. Go away, troll.

Reactions: Pennick44
Grow up bro sorry i want better for ND! To accuse me a troll is childish as are you with your 3-8 comment. Do research or stay in your place. Away from a keyboard.

How do you figure a scholarship costs roughly $125k a year

Room and board is around $60k you add in extras i.e. equipment, value added food plan to cover a players share of the meal table, extra access to athlete lounges and trainers... maybe $75k a year... probably lower.

78 you guys are the trolls seriously! Ive provided many stats to back up my arguments. Because i didnt provide or look up the statistical data I'm making stuff up? Ok. Sorry i should have given u a full report! Classic irish labels me a troll for wanting a better coach? Wow this place is sad. So for your info since i have to provide statistical dataAverage Cost of Attendance for 2016-2017

Tuition and Fees$49,685
Room and Board1$14,358
Books and Supplies$1,050
Personal Expenses$1,200
Transportation2$750
Total Cost$67,043
1Typical
So sorry i was so far off in my argument. Does'nt change my stance on Kelly! If im labled a troll ... so be it at least im not attacking posters.

Room and board is around $60k you add in extras i.e. equipment, value added food plan to cover a players share of the meal table, extra access to athlete lounges and trainers... maybe $75k a year... probably lower.
That might be the equivalent value, but that's not the cost to the university.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT