ADVERTISEMENT

Any predictions on surprise players who might emerge against Georgia?

REMND

All Star
Mar 20, 2013
I have 3 that come to mind.

1. MTA. He just carries his weight more easily than Bonner. Bonner is a 3-4 ILB we bulked up to play in order WDE, SDE and then 3T. I think MTA is naturally bigger and as quick. He was a 3T as soon as he stepped on campus. Great first game.

2. Weishar. The TEs were targeted a lot last week. More than I recall from past teams except when Eifert was here. I think they were targeted about 11 or 12 times. Weishar is probably our best receiving TE and I feel more comfortable targeting him than Mack right now. I think Smythe might really be needed to help the RT.

3. Claypool. Time to take advantage of the mismatch he creates against DBs. Great catch radius. Wimbush is supposed to have an accurate arm. He would be a good target this game I think since he won't be double covered like EQ probably will be. Claypool at the Y (Field receiver unless EQ goes there.).

MTA and Hinish both saw a lot of snaps last week, and MTA received the bulk of praise, but he subbed for Tillery while Hinish backed up Bonner. I think we might see J Hayes move over to replace Bonner more and Trumbetti and Kareem play more at the SDE. I thought Trumbetti had a very strong game, and Kareem looked good the little he played, and J Hayes looked damn good. I think MTA solidified his two deep standing behind Tillery.

Claypool looked really good in limited action, and I hope he does emerge in this game as the complimentary number two receiver. I think his yards after catch potential is really high, and hope to see this on display against Georgia.

MTA and Hinish both saw a lot of snaps last week, and MTA received the bulk of praise, but he subbed for Tillery while Hinish backed up Bonner. I think we might see J Hayes move over to replace Bonner more and Trumbetti and Kareem play more at the SDE. I thought Trumbetti had a very strong game, and Kareem looked good the little he played, and J Hayes looked damn good. I think MTA solidified his two deep standing behind Tillery.

Claypool looked really good in limited action, and I hope he does emerge in this game as the complimentary number two receiver. I think his yards after catch potential is really high, and hope to see this on display against Georgia.

Is that right! I could have sworn Hinish replaced Tillery and MTA Bonner.

I have 3 that come to mind.

1. MTA. He just carries his weight more easily than Bonner. Bonner is a 3-4 ILB we bulked up to play in order WDE, SDE and then 3T. I think MTA is naturally bigger and as quick. He was a 3T as soon as he stepped on campus. Great first game.

2. Weishar. The TEs were targeted a lot last week. More than I recall from past teams except when Eifert was here. I think they were targeted about 11 or 12 times. Weishar is probably our best receiving TE and I feel more comfortable targeting him than Mack right now. I think Smythe might really be needed to help the RT.

3. Claypool. Time to take advantage of the mismatch he creates against DBs. Great catch radius. Wimbush is supposed to have an accurate arm. He would be a good target this game I think since he won't be double covered like EQ probably will be. Claypool at the Y (Field receiver unless EQ goes there.).
Alize goes large.

I agree with twalsh. All we've been hearing out of the coaches is that Alize is a special talent. Last week he wasn't spectacular and that is being diplomatic. Georgia is a very talented team. This is the time for Alize to show he can be the phenomenal player we all believe he is capable of being. Saturday is his time to shine. Go Irish!

Is that right! I could have sworn Hinish replaced Tillery and MTA Bonner.
I think you are right. Thought Hinish backed up Bonner, but just read the two deep for this week, and it shows MTA as Bonner's back up. My bad.

I'd like to see Claypool and Mack and D Hayes each have their breakout game this weekend to solidify a big win, and as a sign of things to come.

Nyles Morgan MUST STEP UP!
Watch out for #4 Coney Island to be a beast this game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT