ADVERTISEMENT

Any NFL organizations out there fooled by Brian Kelly's undefeated regular season?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
If there's one thing that is more clear to me than ever after another 15th ranked recruiting class and ANOTHER blowout loss to a real contender it's that ND is no closer to winning a national title right now than they have been at any point in the last 20 years. And i seriously believe that.

When a coach's track record is so overwhelmingly mediocre at this point, the administration needs to move on and get someone in here who potentially has more upside, even if it means a couple of down years and some lost dollars trying to figure it out.

I feel like Nebraska during the Bo Pelini years .. it's 9-3 or 8-4 in perpetuity and maybe a lucky season where everything breaks right to break up the monotony once every 5 years. And then also the other way as well where everything breaks wrong and ND has a total stinker of a season.

Seems like most think Clemson was far superior team talent wise. Taking that into consideration I would say going 12-0 with this squad was absolutely masterful coaching job. 12-0 twice actually. I’m convinced at this point ND has reached its pinnacle. As good as it’s going to get. We will never turn into the perennial football factory. So, every 5-6 years, or perhaps 4, we get into the playoffs. We aren’t getting Urban or Dabo or Saban and ND isn’t changing how they do things.

What happened at Nebraska again? I think they turned into the toilet of the Big Joke. I like 10-3 and 12-1 personally. It's a lot better than 5-7,7-5, and 6-6. I'm definitely against changing coaches for change sake. You fire Kelly after going 12-1 and you're heading back to the garbage can. NO coach worth a dime would touch Notre Dame.

If there's one thing that is more clear to me than ever after another 15th ranked recruiting class and ANOTHER blowout loss to a real contender it's that ND is no closer to winning a national title right now than they have been at any point in the last 20 years. And i seriously believe that.

When a coach's track record is so overwhelmingly mediocre at this point, the administration needs to move on and get someone in here who potentially has more upside, even if it means a couple of down years and some lost dollars trying to figure it out.

I feel like Nebraska during the Bo Pelini years .. it's 9-3 or 8-4 in perpetuity and maybe a lucky season where everything breaks right to break up the monotony once every 5 years. And then also the other way as well where everything breaks wrong and ND has a total stinker of a season.
How many threads are you going to start about Kelly being mediocre? Do you feel the need to reinforce your own beliefs?

News flash: Kelly is not getting fired. Move on to something else.

Reactions: Ara64
Kelly and Staff did a super great job in 2018.
When ND gets into a tourney within the top 4-6 teams, ND is simply out gunned.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
BK, Would do fine in the NFL. It’s more of a level playing field. How did Saban do on Sunday’s?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT