ADVERTISEMENT

A present for IIO.... Solid ND D analysis....

Love this analysis. If someone can email this to BVG that'd be great. He consistently drops D-LINE into coverage with very poor results and refuses to change. He reminds me of Weis, in which he'd co constantly try to get cute and was ineffective and predictable and out-coaching himself. Just coach fundamentals and play basic cover 0,1,2,3,4 and work from there!

Maybe BVG will flip the defense this week. Put the corners and safeties on the line and put the D lineman in the secondary. The rational being that the D lineman were going to drop into coverage anyway so this put them into better position.

YES..

LOUIS NICKEL BACK NIX ...BABY.

wwwwwoooooooo
Try to imagine the 2 blowhards explaining to our guys how they didn't execute on this play. What a pair of insufferable fools.....

It's just so awful.......

Most defenses the only mistake would have been Drue shading over to coleman because he's left 1-1 and he's an awful corner.

I'm guessing Studstill was at fault here, if you drop two linemen over the middle with a TE then there's no need for safety help.

I'm just at a loss for words at how bad his scheme and teaching ability is. He'll probably use Daelin Hayes as an example of how good a Dlinemen can cover in space.

On that play alone you have a mistake from Studstill, Drue (2), Coleman, Hayes, Onwualu, and poor scheme by BVG.

'we have to do a better job of coaching'

that might be the single stupidest thing a coach or coaching staf can admit to!

wth does that even mean?

Every staff that has failed has made that statement.

"...… .I'm going to do it to add more speed to the practice, and we're going to thud up so we can get from speed to power,” he said. “… .I'm just looking to coach better. So we're going to thud up everybody, which is going to put us in a power position on everything that we whistle off today.”"

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishBlessings

wth does that even mean?

That blanket comment to me means they don't know what to do.

Kelly is turning into a modern parent where as long as you have fun and participate you're a winner and deserve a trophy. He stated he doesn't pull a player based on poor play as long as they're giving 100% and confident in what they're doing. WTF is that, if you suck, get off the field.

Really is comical. BVG thinks he's some D coordinator savant - he uses big words, talks in circles, etc. The way he communicates w/ his players is comical in itself. How has this guy been a football coach for as long as he has ? I notice he resume is a resume of many stops and not a lot of longevity at very many places.

He is an absolute buffoon. Has no clue how to coach D and keep it simple so his D can have success.

He really needs to be let go today. But, BK is saving that for seasons end to use BVG as the fall guy for this turd of season we will end up having.

If ND would just go to a basic simple style of D - their success on D would go up dramatically. Their are enough athletes on D for them to have a good D regardless if their are some Freshmen playing. That excuse is complete horse shit.

Reactions: NDskins and 88ND
BK and BVG - 2 buffoons. Other college coaching staffs must laugh their asses off at these two knuckleheads. What a joke ND football has become again. That breakdown of our D on that 1 play above is too comical.

Thing is - a really good QB shreds the ND D. That illustration very succinctly helps explain why so many average QB's have career days vs. ND.

Reactions: 88ND
IF Kelly had acted decisively, and made the changes, there would have 4 weeks of 'breathers' to get the defense up to speed with a 'new' approach, before Stanford.

this option is no longer available and ND's defense as known, will go against Stanford's offense!

thud!

Reactions: 88ND

wth does that even mean?

"...… .I'm going to do it to add more speed to the practice, and we're going to thud up so we can get from speed to power,” he said. “… .I'm just looking to coach better. So we're going to thud up everybody, which is going to put us in a power position on everything that we whistle off today.”"
He's so dumb....

Thud is used for one thing only. To prevent injuries.

Any coach worth anything hates thud because aside from preventing injuries it promotes bad tackling for and habits.

A team that tackles so horrendously such as us....

THE LAST THING ON EARTH YOU DO IS THUD.
It's explicitly one reason why you tackle like shit now.

He thinks he was cool saying that to reporters who he thinks have no clue what those fancy little phrases are.

What a dumb ****.

Reactions: cgvr
We are stuck with Kelly and BVG. Kelly just got an extension, and in effect, so did BVG. Kelly will never fire him. It would be an admission of a mistake in hiring him. Not gonna happen, ever. This is our lot as ND fans. We are doomed until Kelly is gone. God help us all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT