ADVERTISEMENT

Football A Few Nuggets On OC Search

Lou Somogyi

Senior Editor
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2004
I have this in a separate thread, but Mike Singer requested that I put this in its own. When he says jump, I respond "how high?"

Here is some of the latest I've been told regarding OC:
• Mike Denbrock appears to be gaining a little more traction and interest. Personally, I think it's a little awkward, but the source says there is legitimacy to it.

• Rees becoming the OC is not as automatic as some might think. The staff believes there is Playoff/national title potential in 2020 because of the combination of personnel and the way the schedule is set up, and there is some question about turning the reins completely over to him as they did with Chip Long.
There is some newness and rawness there with Rees, although it's likely his role will expand. How much they want it to is what is the sticking point because they would prefer an experienced hand helping there (which is where someone like a Denbrock might fit in — not to say it will happen).

• Joe Moorhead would be the proverbial knockout hire and there is genuine interest, but the two factors they want to address are some of the purported personality issues while at Mississippi State and the duration of time at Notre Dame. In other words, would he after success, leave in one year for a head coaching position similar to how Mike Elko did for A&M after one year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News