ADVERTISEMENT

4 star OH OT eichenberg set to anounce sunday

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
big time OH OT liam eichenberg is set to announce his decision on sunday via twitter. he is visiting ohio state Saturday but a lot of the chatter on the net is about him choosing our irish over the buckeyes as wiltfong and isd are pretty confident that he chooses our irish also. we would be getting the top two ol prospects in ohio this year if he gives our irish a verbal
This post was edited on 4/17 6:29 PM by coolirish9

Fingers-crossed but like everyone says, hate not having last visit and hate how "high" on every school a kid is right after his visit and he will have been at tOSU day before….but

I feel confident, think he's been to ND several times, Kramer is in his ear, he gets Hiestand and the education and OSU doesn't really have a bunch of NFL quality OL guys…a few but not successive first round caliber and growing stronger as our OL haul has been every year.

TE U amy start being OL U as well….wouldnt mind DL U but now I am just being greedy!!
smokin.r191677.gif

Always a bit skeptical of the rumored ND leans, and hope like hell that this one proves accurate. Perfect compliment to our needs, and appreciate the OP, as this timing was totally off my radar.

wiltfong is considered one of the best recruiting writers in the recruiting business. he doesn't just go out and put in a cb for just any school for any player unless he's really sure about the situation from his sources. from what I've read recently wiltfong changed his cb for ohio st to our irish when it comes to eichenberg because of things he's been hearing from sources close the eichenberg family

^ 'scoop hot coals into your lap, ya gonna get burned'

wish ND had last visit! regardless, it ain't over till it's over.

a lot of recruits really do not get it until fairly late in the process that ND is different; you actually have to go to REAL classes and actually study. Only those that have been serious about ND for a while get it - most others seem not to.

well from what I've read 11 warriors is going to be in total meltdown sunday night if the buckeyes don't get him. buckeye fans there think coach meyer can flip anybody

"well from what I've read 11 warriors is going to be in total meltdown sunday night if the buckeyes don't get him. buckeye fans there think coach meyer can flip anybody"

You're kidding, right ? Have you paid any attention to our 2016 & especially 2017 recruiting so far ? 2016 has the highest rating/player on all the recruiting services. 2017's class could rival OSU's 1967 class as the best of all-time. We already have commitments from 4 of the top 48 recruits on 247 Sports from their 2017 class and more - a lot more - to come.

Plus, we're so deep at OL that we only have room for 3 OL this year - at most - which is working against us as Eichenberg has already stated that depth charts will come into play. Would I like to see him a Buckeye ? Helll yes. But believe me, I (along with the majority of Buckeyes) won't lose any sleep if ND gets his commitment. Would be a good get for you guys.

I really believe that a high school OL is the hardest to recruit and project how they'll do in the future. IMO, it's all about their development. Case in point: the right side of our starting OL last year were all 3 stars in HS - Boren, Elflein, and Baldwin. Some of the recruiting star gazers on our sites were really bitching about Boren and Elflein when they committed. Bet you'd have a hard tiime convincing the Wisconsin, NFL-type Alabama, and Oregon DLs that those guys weren't 5 stars out of HS.

Total meltdown on Sunday night ? Hardly ! Get effing real !

OSU doesn't really have a bunch of NFL quality OL guys…a few but not successive first round caliber

Oh really ? Try this on for size: the 3 OSU OL drafted last year ALL STARTED for NFL playoff teams this last year. That's STARTED. not played some ! This year's junior class was Urban's 1st class that he can call his own. Want to bet that OSU sends a ton of OL to the NFL over the course of the next few years with Taylor Decker (remember him ?) projecting to be a possiible 1st rounder next year. And by the way, very, very few teams have succesive first round caliber rosters as the poster indicated.

no i'm not kidding because I've already read some of the things buckeye fans are saying about our irish on there boards and that's without us even getting him yet. the reasons you're fan base is giving for him not to play for our irish are really stupid

no i'm not kidding because I've already read some of the things buckeye fans are saying about our irish on there boards and that's without us even getting him yet. the reasons you're fan base is giving for him not to play for our irish are really stupid

I can go on any fan base and pick/choose quotes and and stupid statements to back my own ideas. I live in the general Columbus area (Westerville/Worthington area) and know several intense Buckeye fans that follow recruiting in depth. No one that I know will be going into a meltdown mode if Eichenberg selects ND. If he does, I wish the young man well as he'll not only be joining a quality FB program, but in the long run be receiving a quality education, if he decides to put forth the effort. But, take my word for it, this Buckeye, along with the ones I know, won't be going into a meltdown mode if he selects ND. Referencing our favorite quote from last year's run: Next man up !

Good Lord, get real ! And this is why a meltdown over a recruit or two won't happen:

GO BUCKS - 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

okay maybe not all of buckeye nation will go into meltdown mode but just from what I've read from a few buckeyes it just seems that most will though. not trying to anger you or any buckeye fans but that's just what I took from reading a few posts from you're fan base. if you guys get him then congrats

this is a 'pick'em'

anytime UM has the last word results are in doubt! Remember Decker? One talk with Meyer and he went to the mattresses

The Buckeyes just received a commitment from in-state OG, consensous 3-star Jack Wohlabaugh who's attended a few OSU camps and that the staff is high on. The OSU star gazers are probably panicking over this one
wink.r191677.gif

In all seriousness, if Eichenberg does announce for the Irish, you guys will have taken our best shot as they've announced that there were close to 74,000 tickets sold in advance for our Spring Game today. That's not counting the thousands of on- campus students and walk-up fans that will be purchasing tickets at the gate. This thing could be drawing somewhere between 95,000 to 100,000 people which can really impress a recruit, especially with all of the planned festivities. I usually attend but had minor knee surgery last week. Damn it, wish I was there ! Makes you wonder what would happen if they fill and had to turn people away, especially ones that pre-paid and showed up a little late. Then of course there's always Urban in the kid's ear. My opinion: I think it's 60/40 in ND's favor.

But, like I said earlier, the kid can't go wrong either way. If he does pick you guys tomorrow (I think that's the planned date). well congrats and good luck to the kid.

Announced attendance for tOSU spring game was 99,000+, a new spring record!
I'm only watching because a young man from my high school, #83 Terry McLaurin, is playing.

Wow I've read some dumb posts on here before but this takes the cake..OSU is reigning NC, has the BEST coach in CFB today won a NC with a third string BACKUP QB (let that sink in a moment) and you think THEY are sweating US for ONE recruit????? That's BEYOND laughable

OSU doesn't sweat ANYBODY..especially not now...

I'm only watching because a young man from my high school, #83 Terry McLaurin, is playing.

This kid is going to eventually be one of our deep threats. Speed to burn. The OSU coaches love him. Big time get for the Buckeyes a couple of years ago.

Rivals/Yahoo only have listed as a 3-star and as only the #37 national player at his position.

Therefore (deferring to the gurus on this forum), if we get this young man, would it fall into the category of "impact" commitment, or is he more of a depth landing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT