ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2026 LB Colsen Gatten discusses Notre Dame visit, relationship with coaches

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

One of the more noteworthy Notre Dame 2026 defensive prospects on campus last Saturday for the Pittsburgh game was linebacker Colsen Gatten.

Gatten is a 6-foot-2, 205-pound outside linebacker out of Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic. He has three offers from Penn State, Pittsburgh and Wisconsin.

He also visited Notre Dame in April. He took in his first game-day visit in South Bend last weekend and detailed his trip with Inside ND Sports.

On why this visit was special:

“I loved everything about the visit,” Gatten said. “The thing that stood out most was the individual time [Head] Coach [Marcus] Freeman and [defensive coordinator] coach [Al] Golden gave to me while speaking to myself and parents. That was cool … especially on game day.”

On his experience with the recruiting staff:

“The recruiting coordinators were awesome. We got to speak a bunch during the whole day. It was very special. It was a very personalized trip for a busy game day. I was impressed.”

On his impression of the defense:

“The defense dominated. Getting the turnovers were huge. The most impressive [thing] was how the linebackers were swarming to the football. They were flying to the football. I think a large part of my game is speed so I loved seeing that.”

Per Gatten, Golden told him he plans to be at Pittsburgh Central Catholic to see him again in January. Gatten said he will definitely visit Notre Dame in the spring.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News