ADVERTISEMENT

2018 verbal QB Phil Jurkovec and team on espn today

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
2018 QB Phil Jurkovec and his Pine-Richland HS team play on espn today at 1:30 pm against a team from Ohio. Phil was on pace for over 2,000 yds passing and over 1,000 yds rushing but then got hurt in the third or fourth game I believe and missed the rest of the season. he kinda've reminds me of Andrew Luck coming out of high school but only faster wheels

another impressive td run for Phil. has over 300 total yds by himself in the first half. wouldn't trade him for any other QB in this class

Love Phil, but Lawrence and Fields are incredible talents as well. I'd probably take both over Jurkovec, but having my third favourite QB in the class committed to ND frigging awesome!

Reactions: sluggo69
How about Cade McNamara? Threw for 400 yards himself.....

How about Cade McNamara? Threw for 400 yards himself.....

Cade is a good quarterback. Really excited to see how much growth he has in him. Very similar player to Ian Book, but a stronger arm. Plays against bad competition in Nevada but he's still exceptional. A really good fit in a year after landing Jurkovec, the same way Book was a really good fit in a year after Wimbush. Keeping your QB position stocked with quality guys that can play for you, and win, is key to maintaining success.

Cade is a good quarterback. Really excited to see how much growth he has in him. Very similar player to Ian Book, but a stronger arm. Plays against bad competition in Nevada but he's still exceptional. A really good fit in a year after landing Jurkovec, the same way Book was a really good fit in a year after Wimbush. Keeping your QB position stocked with quality guys that can play for you, and win, is key to maintaining success.

If I remember correctly he played 3 really good teams last year (two from California) including Jordan Genmark Heath's team, as a Sophomore & put up huge numbers against them. I'm not sure if they are playing more Cal teams this year or not?

Phil JUrkovich is Dynomite !!! Dominated a team that was 11 and 1 last year !! Top QB in highschool !!!
200.webp

Last edited:
I was impressed - he threw the ball 60 yards sprinting to his left, another 60+ - neither were completed, but arm strength is not going to be a problem... I liked his accuracy too...

what really impressed me was his speed and his natural running ability - that's huge in the college game - he seems to have a good sense for pressure, and the ability to avoid it...

Only knocks;
1. he seems to have a bit of a funky delivery, although he has a nice high release
2. didn't see a lot of touch on short passes - seems to be very good at leading his receivers on short slants with nice zippy throws, but not so much on fades and outs

nit-picking really - I was pretty jazzed watching this kid and knowing this kid is coming to ND

Reactions: ndnd and Bodizephax
I am very excited about our stable of QBs. Long has a lot to work with.

Wimbush has a ton of talent and is probably the most athletic.
Book can manage an offense, move the chains and score points.
Avery we have forgotten a bit but he is a highly rated duo threat QB with a ton of confidence.
Phil is what Blake Barnett wishes he was.
Cade finds the open receiver and hits him in stride. I bet he has near 40 TDs again.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Yesterday (DVR'd the game) was the first time I got a chance to watch the young man play....Like all of you, I came away quite impressed. Whoever categorized him as a pocket passer seriously underestimated his abilities as a runner. He may not have blazing speed like some other QBs in the class, but he clearly is athletic and has a nasty stiff arm.

He actually reminded me of a kid from my neck of the woods, current Wisconsin back-up, Jack Coan.

Oddly enough, before choosing to go the football route, Coan was originally a verbal to Notre Dame for lacrosse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT