ADVERTISEMENT

Zorich, Golden Tate & Brady Quinn

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Among those absolutely disgusted with the Michigan embarrassment. Zorro livid, Tate ready to strap it on as he says he has a year of eligibility left and Brady says Everything must be looked at. All this on Twitter

Win out, win a bowl, prepare for next year.....lots of talent coming in next year and the year after.....ND is a 3 year team.....2012, 2015, 2018, 2022....Stud QB, Stud receivers, stud RB, stud TE, Stud OL all inbound....BK has much more to work with than a walk on WR and LB as recruiting has picked up.....we all knew this team had weaknesses....LB...Secondary....RB.....we just didn't know the QB would go from a B+ to a D-......Get that talent on the field....Kyle, Phil some other key frosh with the 4 games remaining.....

Among those absolutely disgusted with the Michigan embarrassment. Zorro livid, Tate ready to strap it on as he says he has a year of eligibility left and Brady says Everything must be looked at. All this on Twitter

Lol..

Brady Quinn 2006 season...

Michigan 47 Notre Dame 21
USC 44 Notre Dame 24
LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

I could do Tate's to, but I think you get the point. Some of these guys that are "absolutely disgusted" should look in the friggen mirror.... Some of them aren't that removed from being the disgusting.

Anybody want to ask Brady what happened when he captained a team that let Michigan demolish Notre Dame, at home?

Last edited:
Wasn’t Golden Tate a member of a supremely talented team in 2009 that lost to a weak UM squad coached by RichRod and led by Frosh QB Tate Forcier?

Lol..

USC 44 Michigan 24
LSU 41-14

I could do Tate's to, but I think you get the point. Some of these guys that are "absolutely disgusted" should look in the friggen mirror.... Some of them aren't that removed from being the disgusting.

Anybody want to ask Brady what happened when he captained a team that let Michigan demolish Notre Dame, at home?
Thank you, IIO. I was going to say the same thing.

Win out, win a bowl, prepare for next year.....lots of talent coming in next year and the year after.....ND is a 3 year team.....2012, 2015, 2018, 2022....Stud QB, Stud receivers, stud RB, stud TE, Stud OL all inbound....BK has much more to work with than a walk on WR and LB as recruiting has picked up.....we all knew this team had weaknesses....LB...Secondary....RB.....we just didn't know the QB would go from a B+ to a D-......Get that talent on the field....Kyle, Phil some other key frosh with the 4 games remaining.....
ND keeps getting smacked in the mouth every three years by big time teams they don’t belong on the same field with. Bama-12, OSU-15, Clemson-18.

Do they want to be competitive or not? No one cares about pounding a MAC school or UNM. $eems like the AD and admin. only care$ about one thing.

Reactions: 88ND
So this is how it goes. ND gets hammered last night and now we are taking it out on former players.

Reactions: 88ND
Lol..

USC 44 Notre Dame 24
LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

Really?

Anyone can be like a politician and play the game you’re playing.

Brady Quinn is the last ND starting QB to win at Michigan- 2005.

Quinn led what looked to be the game winning drive vs. USC the next month. It wasn’t his fault the defense couldn’t hold off USC when they had them 3rd and 20.

So this is how it goes. ND gets hammered last night and now we are taking it out on former players.

No, the point is that losing is hard for everyone. Those guys were part of the ND family at a time when they were a lot worse off than the program is today.

Guys like Quinn and Tate are doing nothing helpful in shitting on the current guys... The same would been true had Brown and Rocket been dumping on them. Behind the scenes you can what you want. That's how family works. By why publically rip your own for doing the same thing that you did?

Lol..

USC 44 Notre Dame 24
LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

I love that you're comparing 2006 Michigan/USC to now as if USC wasn't a title contender then and Michigan didn't win 11 games that year under HOFer Loydd Carr. Now Michigan sucks and we still can't beat them on the big stage.

The excuses that people continue to use to explain this poor play blow my mind. I mean how many times does last night have to happen for people to admit that a change needs made? It's every single year.

Lol..

USC 44 Notre Dame 24
LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

USC was one of the greatest CFB eras during that time. I enjoy your posts but let’s compare apples. BTW, that beating even has Lou S. On premium board rattled. We don’t beat ranked teams.

Wasn’t Golden Tate a member of a supremely talented team in 2009 that lost to a weak UM squad coached by RichRod and led by Frosh QB Tate Forcier?
Yes. And don’t forget the 2011 fiasco. Both games lost by Kelly with his conservative D. The 2009 game I think was the Gary Gray bad cover game - don’t look back, don’t ever look back

Reactions: SIhoosier26
No, the point is that losing is hard for everyone. Those guys were part of the ND family at a time when they were a lot worse off than the program is today.

Guys like Quinn and Tate are doing nothing helpful in shitting on the current guys... The same would been true had Brown and Rocket been dumping on them. Behind the scenes you can what you want. That's how family works. By why publically rip your own for doing the same thing that you did?
How did they crap on the current players? Did they single anyone out or did they just state the obvious? Did they comment in general terms? They are fans too. They invested blood. sweat, and tears in this program and I'm sure they are very protective of it. The effort was ridiculously embarrassingly pathetic. They all just going to ignore the elephant in the room just because they are former players? I have no issue with it.

"No, the point is that losing is hard for everyone"

Yes, losing is hard on everyone, players, coaches, and yes, even us lowly fans. But, it is not so much losing, but the manner in which it happens. As has been mentioned by numerous people here, in high profile situations, ND comes out looking lost and unprepared -- that is what is the most disgusting part to all of this.

ND has lost to Michigan before, tight games down to the last possession, 2003 & 2007 when ND was simply over matched, 2006 when one dimensional, schematically challenged Weis (and Quinn) got smacked. In most cases, people were somewhat prepared for it. Did the losses still suck ass, absolutely

But for Kelly and ND to continually come out flat and unmotivated in prime time showings is terrible and this one especially coming off of a bye week...

Yes, in the end, we are all frustrated....

Wouldn't 2021 be the third year?

For god sake this tune has been played for years.

Wait until next year. Just you wait.

Yeah... Wait for what? A HC getting players to underachieve?

Sssssoooooooo

Exciting

Yep.

Can't wait

Yes, losing is hard on everyone, players, coaches, and yes, even us lowly fans. But, it is not so much losing, but the manner in which it happens. As has been mentioned by numerous people here, in high profile situations, ND comes out looking lost and unprepared -- that is what is the most disgusting part to all of this.

ND has lost to Michigan before, tight games down to the last possession, 2003 & 2007 when ND was simply over matched, 2006 when one dimensional, schematically challenged Weis (and Quinn) got smacked. In most cases, people were somewhat prepared for it. Did the losses still suck ass, absolutely

But for Kelly and ND to continually come out flat and unmotivated in prime time showings is terrible and this one especially coming off of a bye week...

Moreover this showing gets burned in the brain of the talkimg heads. The talkimg heads to the committee.

Why is that important....

Because as long as BK is here voters and committee members will always have this "yeah but" in the back of their mind when voting time comes.

Next year if it's us vs another team for a 4th playoff spot how IN the hell can anyone give BK the benefit of the doubt?

He's burned all big game coach credibility. It's pretty much a joke at this point.

Sadly

I notice you left out Zorich. He can say whatever he wants because he won it all?

The others can too.

Quinn was the QB the last time ND was competitive in a MAJOR bowl.

Quinn was the QB in the push game. A game that was us against the 10 million pound gorilla and we had them.

Tate was electric. Returned punts, receiving... Something BK gives no care in the world about...

Every single one of them have a right to be pissed at the embarrassing product on display. I'd be more pissed at the pussy offensive scheme we continue using over and over.

It's a god damn pop Warner offense when you have the fastest runnimg back and tell him get to the edge in a foot race and turn up.

Or QB's who can only throw the ball 5 yards because they're only 11 or 12 years old.

It's a damn joke

Definitely not "taking it out" on former players. Just pointing out that Quinn conveniently forgot that his senior season was an absolute disappointment, and it included Michigan pounding us.

Were they flat and unmotivated last year vs. Michigan? Flat and unmotivated vs GA? Flat vs. SC?

Saturday night sucked. We got pounded. No 2 ways about it. However, we all knew this team was flawed and had some gaps. Most on this board would've taken 10-2 before the season started. It's still likely to happen. I'll take 10-2 and a bowl win.

We'll have more primetime chances, and big games. Hopefully we play better. Until then, I'm not gonna crap all over BK and the players, and act like 12-0 is the only acceptable record around here. If 12-0 is the standard.....you're delusional.

Reactions: Kelso86
Were they flat and unmotivated last year vs. Michigan? Flat and unmotivated vs GA? Flat vs. SC?

Saturday night sucked. We got pounded. No 2 ways about it. However, we all knew this team was flawed and had some gaps. Most on this board would've taken 10-2 before the season started. It's still likely to happen. I'll take 10-2 and a bowl win.

We'll have more primetime chances, and big games. Hopefully we play better. Until then, I'm not gonna crap all over BK and the players, and act like 12-0 is the only acceptable record around here. If 12-0 is the standard.....you're delusional.

"Most on this board would've taken 10-2 before the season started. It's still likely to happen. I'll take 10-2 and a bowl win."

No doubt about it -- I think that was the most predominant prediction here -- and not just a bowl win -- a NY6 bowl (although, this loss may have ruined that opportunity)

"We'll have more primetime chances, and big games. Hopefully we play better."

That is the key -- and history under Kelly has proven it. When ND has a major opportunity to make a statement, push the program forward (Saturday night, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl 2015 to name a few....) when the lights are on, ND comes out flat, unprepared and/or uninspired... that is what has people up in arms about. No doubt Kelly has strengthened the program, it is more stable now that ever before (except under Holtz), but, now is the time to take the next step.

12-0 is the goal -- should always be...

Last edited:
for accountability: someone needs to publish and track this 2-3 year plan!
it seems to be stuck at 1 or 2!

Reactions: Kelso86
Lol..

USC 44 Notre Dame 24
LSU 41 Notre Dame 14

All I can say to you pointing to Brady n Tate is CHARLIE WEIS

this is about a pattern with the coach. Sure players play and ours got pushed around against UM. But the common thread here is coaching. You want Kelly or Weis coaching a big game?

hiw about coaching ND period?

All I can say to you pointing to Brady n Tate is CHARLIE WEIS

this is about a pattern with the coach. Sure players play and ours got pushed around against UM. But the common thread here is coaching. You want Kelly or Weis coaching a big game?

hiw about coaching ND period?

Kelly in the office. Weis in the booth. Lou running practices. Muffet on gameday.

Conveniently going to extremes for a moral victory?

I didn't see anyone here (Bodi) aside... LOL....offering up any undefeated prediction and or expectation.

As far as flat against...
UM was lousy last year. We were at home.
UGA this year? Certainly not elite this year. Kirby isn't a ruthless coach. He doesn't possess that killer instinct of a Saban, Meyer, etc.

Flat against USC? USC is down. Period. At home. Glorious weather.

We had a chance against Georgia. A real bona-fide chance. Right up to the 6 false starts.

S
I
X

Think about that a sec. BK makes 6,7 million per season to put a product on display that has 6 false starts. Six. In one game. A big game mind you. A statement game.

Yeah we don't want that.

"Most on this board would've taken 10-2 before the season started. It's still likely to happen. I'll take 10-2 and a bowl win."

No doubt about it -- I think that was the most predominant prediction here -- and not just a bowl win -- a NY6 bowl (although, this loss may have ruined that opportunity)

"We'll have more primetime chances, and big games. Hopefully we play better."

That is the key -- and history under Kelly has proven it. When ND has a major opportunity to make a statement, push the program forward (Saturday night, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl 2015 to name a few....) when the lights are on, ND comes out flat, unprepared and/or uninspired... that is what has people up in arms about. No doubt Kelly has strengthened the program, it is more stable now that ever before (except under Holtz), but, now is the time to take the next step.

12-0 is the goal -- should always be...

That is the damn key.

ND has lots of those opportunities and as put on full display by the head coach ...what do we do with said opportunity? Ten years of almost. Every so often sprinkled in a WTF happened moment on top of it all.

BK in the presser...
"I don't know exactly what happened in the game tonight "

For god sake same old song and dance. How is it a mystery?

Sherlock Holmes doesn't need hired to figure it out.

Brian Kelly is fools gold.

He made hay exploiting the rules at Cincinnati going fast paced. Like hurry up that nobody ever seen. They were on ESPN a lot and it was fun to watch how fast they ran plays back then.

Since then nobody is fooled by that. Everyone does it.
He actually has to coach now. Legitimately coach. There is the problem.

He won two D2 titles. Guess what... They have no break in those playoffs.

Forward to D1 there is a month plus break for a major bowl to prepare for said opponent.

Every single major bowl/playoff has all ended the same way. Lopsided. Every single one.

When is enough is enough?

There's no corner to turn. We can debate tenure length for getting a program in the right direction. 3 years, six years, 8 years... But this is a decade and counting.

Plenty long enough to have some foresight of the future success or lack thereof.

It's time. Long overdue but the culture needs changed. Yesterday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT