ADVERTISEMENT

ZACK RICE commitment date October 21st

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
It looks like he is down to UNC, Virginia and ND. He is looking for chemistry and a place where he can be himself. At one point in time he was a UNC lean but it is anybody's guess now.
Blake, Rocco, Zack would be a great foundation. He is one of those players that could start as a true freshman.

I've been keeping an eye on him as I agree, he is a true difference-maker. I believe he, Rocco and Blake had/have a good relationship. Would really be one of the biggest recruiting wins for us in a while.

Rice would be a tremendous recruiting win, and also a surprising one. I’ve never read where he was leaning towards ND, just many positive comments by him about ND and Fisher in particular. I personally feel we already have three potential ELITE OL as a foundation going forward in Rocco and Fisher and Alt, and several damn good ones led by Carmody and Baker. Getting Rice would add a potential fourth Elite lineman, and I can’t remember the last time I thought we had three potential elite OL, much less four!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Rice would be a tremendous recruiting win, and also a surprising one. I’ve never read where he was leaning towards ND, just many positive comments by him about ND and Fisher in particular. I personally feel we already have three potential ELITE OL as a foundation going forward in Rocco and Fisher and Alt, and several damn good ones led by Carmody and Baker. Getting Rice would add a potential fourth Elite lineman, and I can’t remember the last time I thought we had three potential elite OL, much less four!
Carmody and baker are below average right now.

Carmody and baker are below average right now.
Both need to get stronger for sure, but I think Carmody is better suited for guard. It’s premature as hell to be talking about next year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alt and Fisher at our tackles and Carmody and Rocco at our guards, and Kristofic at center, with Baker competing for some snaps in relief.

Both need to get stronger for sure, but I think Carmody is better suited for guard. It’s premature as hell to be talking about next year, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Alt and Fisher at our tackles and Carmody and Rocco at our guards, and Kristofic at center, with Baker competing for some snaps in relief.
Love this. But I wouldn’t totally discount Patterson coming back. If he has a 4th or 5th round grade, then doesn’t it make sense for him to return?

Love this. But I wouldn’t totally discount Patterson coming back. If he has a 4th or 5th round grade, then doesn’t it make sense for him to return?
I’ve been disappointed with Patterson’s play this year, but it looks to me that he is playing himself back into shape and improving weekly. Two weeks ago I would agree that a 5th round grade was likely, but I now think he’ll be graded based on the next five or six games. If he shows He is fully recovered and gets back to his pre injury level of play, which I think is likely, then I think he’s back to a 3rd round grade and gone. If he returns, I think Carmody and Kristofic compete For one of the guard slots. If he doesn’t return, then I think Kristofic And Zeke compete for center. Good problems to have. Throw Rice into the equation and things get really interesting.

I’ve been disappointed with Patterson’s play this year, but it looks to me that he is playing himself back into shape and improving weekly. Two weeks ago I would agree that a 5th round grade was likely, but I now think he’ll be graded based on the next five or six games. If he shows He is fully recovered and gets back to his pre injury level of play, which I think is likely, then I think he’s back to a 3rd round grade and gone. If he returns, I think Carmody and Kristofic compete For one of the guard slots. If he doesn’t return, then I think Kristofic And Zeke compete for center. Good problems to have. Throw Rice into the equation and things get really interesting.
Always appreciate how you breakdown the OL. You think we’ve got a good one in Alt?

Always appreciate how you breakdown the OL. You think we’ve got a good one in Alt?
I think Alt will compete with Fisher as our best OL of their class. Totally under the radar as a blocking TE in high school, but recruited as a future Tackle, and yes, I think he will prove to be the steal of that class.

Alt has been a pleasant surprise, especially given his recruiting ranking and for being a true freshman. But man it's disappointing to see Baker and Carmody with higher rankings and more time at ND not do better than Alt.

Alt has been a pleasant surprise, especially given his recruiting ranking and for being a true freshman. But man it's disappointing to see Baker and Carmody with higher rankings and more time at ND not do better than Alt.
Think Alt is more successful due to being more athletic then the mentioned guys. At least, it seems like it as he was previously a TE.

Agreed on Carmody----I think he's a Guard and maybe even a Center next year.

Baker is only a 2nd year player . In most cases you don't know what you have with an OL till Year 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT