ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Martin

Well deserved...he's not just a top rated guard, if they moved him to LT he'd be close to the top.
Gotta disagree there. He was always going to be a guard at the NFL level. I'm sure he could do a passable job at tackle if need be but that's an entirely different animal at the top level.

Reactions: Ara64
Gotta disagree there. He was always going to be a guard at the NFL level. I'm sure he could do a passable job at tackle if need be but that's an entirely different animal at the top level.

Yeah, he might not quite have the length to be an NFL LT. But congrats to him on the new contract!

BTW he made the NFL Top 100 again this year (as voted on by the players), at #71. Harrison Smith also made it again, at #46.

Reactions: echowaker
The only reason his isn't the starting left tackle, Tyron Smith, is actually the top left tackle in the NFL when healthy. Would he be the best, probably not, but he would be starting for most teams in the NFL at LT. The funny thing is they may have the best Center too.

The only reason his isn't the starting left tackle, Tyron Smith, is actually the top left tackle in the NFL when healthy. Would he be the best, probably not, but he would be starting for most teams in the NFL at LT. The funny thing is they may have the best Center too.
He was never going to play tackle at the next level. He was always projected to be a guard.

It's pretty amazing the job BK/staff have done developing superstars at the OL position.

They've not only been successful identifying and then successfully securing the LOI of these superstars along the offensive line, but then maximizing their talent and turning them into 1st round studs at the top of their position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT