ADVERTISEMENT

Yurcich

Perhaps because he's a proven commodity. He's got a solid resume with a lot of success at big programs. Justin Fields had his best year with him. Who do you prefer that may be available ?
He just got fired for the same problem that we have this season. Good numbers against the weaker teams. Can't do shit against any good team. That would be a brutal hire

Much rather keep Parker…

I really hope ND gets a proven OC and not an experiment or washed-up hopeful. At that point, just keep Parker and some continuity within the staff and hope for the best rather than play musical chairs with no change in ceiling.

Ludwig would have been a solid hire. So would Moorehead (although he’s not sticking around for more than a year or two because he wants to be a HC above anything; his words).

He just got fired for the same problem that we have this season. Good numbers against the weaker teams. Can't do shit against any good team. That would be a brutal hire
He hasn't even had a year to implement his system.

Yeah, he's looked bad 2 years in a row now, and wasn't great in 2021.

We need better. You don't get fired and then get promoted to better than where you were fired from.

I don’t see him as a candidate we would be interested in. The more interesting aspect for me is the fact he was let go at this point in their season.

Its not all on him. Have you seen the play of their QB? He absolutely sucks, one of the worst starters in Div 1 football
Agree, I’ve seen the young man a few games and he built his numbers playing poor competition, against OSU he looked like the worst QB I had ever seen on a top 10 team, and didn’t look very good against UM either.

Now both of those teams are very good and he is a freshman but it wasn’t encouraging if you are a PSU fan.

Reactions: Chitown11
Agree, I’ve seen the young man a few games and he built his numbers playing poor competition, against OSU he looked like the worst QB I had ever seen on a top 10 team, and didn’t look very good against UM either.

Now both of those teams are very good and he is a freshman but it wasn’t encouraging if you are a PSU fan.
Drew Allar is a sophomore.

My “guess” is Parker is not running his system. Tag phrases like “O-Line driven and complimentary football seem to be coming from the top down.

It’s 2023, you need to score as many points as you can, as fast as you can. When the Head Coach feels he has enough points to win.

Then you can start to modify your play calling, risk tolerance, and introduce the clock melting and 4 minute offense.

Until then light up the scoreboard…

Allar still looks pretty raw, but Penn State's receiving room is ridiculously weak. I don't know if that is the fault of Yurcich or Franklin.

Did anybody else think they were watching Notre Dame’s offense when Penn St had the ball?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT