ADVERTISEMENT

You posters that want Kelly fired today...

Depends on what you call realistically.

But let me ask this. And I don’t mean this as a gotcha kind of thing. But a legitimate question.

Do you want Kelly as the HC because having seen him at ND for the last decade you believe he is good enough to bring home a natty. Or are you wanting to keep him because as your question poses. You are more worried that the next guy would be worse ?

I believe Probably 50 coaches would have prepared the team better to play Clemson and bama last 2 weeks, but only a few could have gotten us there

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Hilarious and shows a remarkable lack of understanding. So clueless.
Like normal you provide no value, no counter argument, nothing

who honestly thinks ND was prepared well with a good game plan for either bama or Clemson?

can’t they wait till tomorrow? It’s Sunday!

Depends on what you call realistically.

But let me ask this. And I don’t mean this as a gotcha kind of thing. But a legitimate question.

Do you want Kelly as the HC because having seen him at ND for the last decade you believe he is good enough to bring home a natty. Or are you wanting to keep him because as your question poses. You are more worried that the next guy would be worse ?
I honestly believe Kelly can bring a championship to ND.

What I mean by realistically, Nick, Dabo, Meyer are not coming to ND.

Who does both, that’s potentially available?
They have no names to give. They just want Kelly fired but don’t have a clue who could step in and do a better job.

One reason they won’t name a replacement is because that candidate probably has zero championships to his name.

Reactions: IrishMike409
They have no names to give. They just want Kelly fired but don’t have a clue who could step in and do a better job.

One reason they won’t name a replacement is because that candidate probably has zero championships to his name.
ITS NOT THEIR JOB!

Reactions: Zorich 88
I honestly believe Kelly can bring a championship to ND.

What I mean by realistically, Nick, Dabo, Meyer are not coming to ND.

That's cool that you do.

Personally I'm not a BK hater. I think he is a good coach. I just dont think he is an elite coach. At the end of the day it is academic. But if I use the facts it shows that ND being given the opportunity to win big games against elite opponents he doesnt. He is a pretty decent 9 to 10 win guy. And will always do well beating up the number 3 or 4 team in another conference.

Now staying away from your list. I do think there are other coaches out there. Or were other options within the last number of years.

The three I think of off the top of my head are Stoops, Jimbo, and Fickell. I am sure there are other names. Just cant think of them at the moment.

To me and many others though. The biggest problem with the argument to keep Kelly or not is that so many want him just because they dont know of a better option. My argument is that this guy has been given over a decade to win a championship. And has yet to win any major post season game. And I would argue if that was going to happen this would have been the year.

Personally after the ACC CCG I didnt want ND anywhere near a playoff spot because they showed the warts that ND had this year. And if you cant beat Clemsom. You dont have a prayer against Bama.

Now if they would have been properly matched up against any of Florida, Georgia, Cincy, possibly Oklahoma. Then Kelly would have had a very realistic chance to have that first big win. But instead it was off to the playoffs to be lambs for the slaughter

Year in and year out BK Haters will dodge this question.... they used to provide names of up and comers.... but time is not on their side as we have seen the Flecks of the world move on and fail at smaller schools. So now they just bitch with no suggested solution.... and that makes them b*tches.

Year in and year out BK Haters will dodge this question.... they used to provide names of up and comers.... but time is not on their side as we have seen the Flecks of the world move on and fail at smaller schools. So now they just bitch with no suggested solution.... and that makes them b*tches.
fickell, elliott, charlie weis jr........... serious about 2...

Again, don't think kelly should be fired, but jack should know what he can get, and they also should be looking to hire someone and groom them for the position....... I will lose my "you know what" if they think it's rees.

I don't think trying to be saban is the model.

I think you have to look at the dabo/day model of dynamic personality coaches, offensive focus. HAVE TO LAND OR BRING IN STUD QBs

If lincoln Riley could ever get a good DC and recruit defensively, watch out. They are closer than ND is because of the QB position, and he is picking up recruiting defensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: nemeth#5
fickell, elliott, charlie weis jr........... serious about 2...

Again, don't think kelly should be fired, but jack should know what he can get, and they also should be looking to hire someone and groom them for the position....... I will lose my "you know what" if they think it's rees.

I don't think trying to be saban is the model.

I think you have to look at the dabo/day model of dynamic personality coaches, offensive focus. HAVE TO LAND OR BRING IN STUD QBs

If lincoln Riley could ever get a good DC and recruit defensively, watch out. They are closer than ND is because of the QB position, and he is picking up recruiting defensively.
Until the Administration changes its philosophy Kelly may be the best they can get. He's not elite but very good. You can count the elite guys on one hand after an industrial accident. The program is good enough to get to the playoff but lacks the difference makers to win it. Perhaps one year they strike lightning in a bottle like LSU did.

Until the Administration changes its philosophy Kelly may be the best they can get. He's not elite but very good. You can count the elite guys on one hand after an industrial accident. The program is good enough to get to the playoff but lacks the difference makers to win it. Perhaps one year they strike lightning in a bottle like LSU did.
I agree, i don't know if we can get better than Kelly, but jack should be big picture planning for who is next if kelly leaves or when his time is up.

His biggest miss has been the QB position, just flat out can't win a title without a dynamic QB.

I agree, i don't know if we can get better than Kelly, but jack should be big picture planning for who is next if kelly leaves or when his time is up.

His biggest miss has been the QB position, just flat out can't win a title without a dynamic QB.
I'm not sure Kelly has missed at quarterback....I think he gets the guy he wants most of the time. I also think the guy he wants is groomed to be a game manager not a game changer.

I'm not sure Kelly has missed at quarterback....I think he gets the guy he wants most of the time. I also think the guy he wants is groomed to be a game manager not a game changer.
That's an even bigger failure on kelly.

I think his QB evaluation or development have been a struggle. Our best QB under Kelly (Kizer), kelly never even planned on starting. Kizer also didn't have a good relationship with kelly and probably left too early. Kelly couldn't clearly see a second round NFL QB wasn't better than a QB who was nothing after his injury (malik). Brutal

Kelly has landed some big time ranked QBs and turned them into nothing.

Again, big trouble if Buchner isn't the real deal and dynamic.

You have repeatedly stated this eloquently. I don’t know why so many people find your point so difficult to comprehend. It’s spot on.

Most likely, anyone that you put on a list to replace Kelly also has zero NC.

Naming guys like Charlie JR??????? People are going nuts Kelly hired Tommy as the OC because he is so young and inexperienced. Charlie JR? Really?

Fickell, Campbell, Fitzgerald(gets his team ready but doesn’t have the talent ND has). Except for WR, that’s the only reason book doesn’t throw the deep ball according to half the posters here. Lol

Fickell, Campbell, Fitzgerald(gets his team ready but doesn’t have the talent ND has). Except for WR, that’s the only reason book doesn’t throw the deep ball according to half the posters here. Lol
So those three guys would beat Bama?

I would say that they would have had a better chance with ND’s current team than Kelly. All of those coaches seem to get their guys to play better than what their talent level is. Kelly on the other hand seems to not get the full potential out of his player. Weather is is scheme or preparation. Both the Clemson and Bama game we looked like a 15-20 ranked team not #4 in the country. NW was in the Ohio state game till the end.

Great post. Agree.

You must have been super against that whole hiring of Holtz then? Because until he was the HC at ND he had not yet proved he would win the national championship.

I would say, no matter what it is always a gamble to change the HC. You have no idea if they will get it done or not. Look at MSU. They had Saban as a HC but no championships for it.

But we also have a decade of evidence of how Kelly will do in big games. And unfortunately it isnt good.

Reactions: GDFan
Who wants Kelly fired????????? I wish he could improve as a coach but he can’t. I would love for him to be at ND one more year and retire. The program isn’t going anywhere with him at the helm. He should see that.

2022 HC of ND should be Matt Campbell.

Reactions: GDFan and Phife
You must have been super against that whole hiring of Holtz then? Because until he was the HC at ND he had not yet proved he would win the national championship.

I would say, no matter what it is always a gamble to change the HC. You have no idea if they will get it done or not. Look at MSU. They had Saban as a HC but no championships for it.

But we also have a decade of evidence of how Kelly will do in big games. And unfortunately it isnt good.
Exactly my point! There are posters on this board that want Kelly fired because he has not won a championship. I am not in that group.

You have repeatedly stated this eloquently. I don’t know why so many people find your point so difficult to comprehend. It’s spot on.
Because no one thought the qb position would be the one holding us back the most.

Most likely, anyone that you put on a list to replace Kelly also has zero NC.

Naming guys like Charlie JR??????? People are going nuts Kelly hired Tommy as the OC because he is so young and inexperienced. Charlie JR? Really?
re read my post where I say that name

Matt Campbell beat Texas and Oklahoma this season with Iowa State talent and had a bad call go against his team in the Big12 title game, losing by six. He comes back and dominates another talented team in Oregon at the Fiesta Bowl.

ND will have to get an up and comer as coach. The program is B-level so big names aren’t interested in Jack. Why is it so tough for you to comprehend that ND has reached its ceiling under Kelly? He gets blown out in all the big championship or CFP games. He can’t develop a QB either. That’s a lot of the reason for said blowouts. Is it fun for you to see the team destroyed every time on the national stage?

It would be nice to see a coach at ND that can at least make the team competitive in the big games. If they ever had a 1st round draft pick at QB they may even win one of those games. This is all pointless conversation though. ND doesn’t care about winning anymore. They enjoy the facade.

Exactly my point! There are posters on this board that want Kelly fired because he has not won a championship. I am not in that group.

But you only want him replaced with someone that has already proven they can win a championship at ND.

If that is the bar. No one, even Lou Holtz can promise you. So then just admit you want Kelly and that 9 or 10 win seasons are cool. You dont care if ND competes (not just gets selected) but actually competes for championships.

I've been alive for 2 championship years. Those were awesome. I want to see more. I want to see ND legitimately compete at least once a decade for a title. And be in the running to win a NY6 bowl every 5 to 7 years.

Neither of those are unrealistic. However Kelly has proven he cant do either of these. When he gets to major post season bowls he is woefully outperformed by the opposing coach.

Maybe it is just bad luck that in major bowls he has to compete against Urban, Dabo, and Saban. But unfortunately that is the name of the game at this level

But you only want him replaced with someone that has already proven they can win a championship at ND.

If that is the bar. No one, even Lou Holtz can promise you. So then just admit you want Kelly and that 9 or 10 win seasons are cool. You dont care if ND competes (not just gets selected) but actually competes for championships.

I've been alive for 2 championship years. Those were awesome. I want to see more. I want to see ND legitimately compete at least once a decade for a title. And be in the running to win a NY6 bowl every 5 to 7 years.

Neither of those are unrealistic. However Kelly has proven he cant do either of these. When he gets to major post season bowls he is woefully outperformed by the opposing coach.

Maybe it is just bad luck that in major bowls he has to compete against Urban, Dabo, and Saban. But unfortunately that is the name of the game at this level
I do not want him replaced at all. Kelly is one of the best coaches ND has ever had.

So I am not even thinking about a replacement.

Matt Campbell beat Texas and Oklahoma this season with Iowa State talent and had a bad call go against his team in the Big12 title game, losing by six. He comes back and dominates another talented team in Oregon at the Fiesta Bowl.

ND will have to get an up and comer as coach. The program is B-level so big names aren’t interested in Jack. Why is it so tough for you to comprehend that ND has reached its ceiling under Kelly? He gets blown out in all the big championship or CFP games. He can’t develop a QB either. That’s a lot of the reason for said blowouts. Is it fun for you to see the team destroyed every time on the national stage?

It would be nice to see a coach at ND that can at least make the team competitive in the big games. If they ever had a 1st round draft pick at QB they may even win one of those games. This is all pointless conversation though. ND doesn’t care about winning anymore. They enjoy the facade.
So you want Matt Campbell to be announced tonight as the new ND head coach?

Fire Kelly tonight and hire Campbell tomorrow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT