ADVERTISEMENT

Worst road coaching staff in the country????

football1irish

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 17, 2002
Every road game the coaching staff leaves their brains in South Bend with inexplicably bad play calling on both sides of the ball.

The players play timid and tight and constantly make unforced errors along with critical missed tackles.

Meanwhile the other team takes these gifts and go on and look like a NFL team after looking like a high school in every other game before and after playing us.

Reactions: banmate6
I agree overall it’s on the coaches. However by now it’s clear ND still doesn’t have the talent to challenge for a NC. At least on offense.

Being top 20 is challenging for this team. It’s ok. It is what it is.

Freeman has work to do.

I agree overall it’s on the coaches. However by now it’s clear ND still doesn’t have the talent to challenge for a NC. At least on offense.

Being top 20 is challenging for this team. It’s ok. It is what it is.

Freeman has work to do.

I think ND has the talent. ND was better than Ohio State on that day IMO, and OSU is ranked #1 by the committee.

Poor coaching against Louisville and turnovers. Now turnovers and bad tackling. Tackling is more about fundamentals IMO rather than inherent talent.

I don’t believe ND had the talent to be a top 5 team, which is the aspiration. I agree it’s also coaching.

ND is simply inconsistent. The games against Louisville, Duke, and today stand out. This is not a championship team.

Don’t get me wrong, as I enjoy the team and it’s not a horrible record. I speak as a 40+ years fan remembering the 70s and 80s.

I don’t believe ND had the talent to be a top 5 team, which is the aspiration. I agree it’s also coaching.

ND is simply inconsistent. The games against Louisville, Duke, and today stand out. This is not a championship team.

Don’t get me wrong, as I enjoy the team and it’s not a horrible record. I speak as a 40+ years fan remembering the 70s and 80s.
Fair. Maybe not good enough week in and out but I feel coaching is holding us back. I truly believe ND outplayed Ohio State who is #1.

In my mind, ND’s defense and offense were the two best units then OSU’s offense and defense were #3 and #4, respectively.

In rewatching Louisville, there are some things that aggravate the heck out of me. Basic scheme issues that Liufau doesn’t seem to be properly coached how to handle.

Reactions: banmate6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT