ADVERTISEMENT

Will ND start 4-0?

@Clemson and USC at home. Those are toughest games IMO for the season.

Both have veteran QB's capable of tearing up a secondary. I do like ND get's GTech early in the season though. With UVa and UMass around them. Gives both extra time to practice leading up to it. And a good week after to get healthy for the linemen.

@Clemson and USC at home. Those are toughest games IMO for the season.

Both have veteran QB's capable of tearing up a secondary. I do like ND get's GTech early in the season though. With UVa and UMass around them. Gives both extra time to practice leading up to it. And a good week after to get healthy for the linemen.
GTech is warming up with Alcorn State and Tulane while we play Texas and Virginia. Big advantage for them IMHO. They can ease into the season, we have to come out of the blocks with everything clicking.

GTech is warming up with Alcorn State and Tulane while we play Texas and Virginia. Big advantage for them IMHO. They can ease into the season, we have to come out of the blocks with everything clicking.

In a normal year ND would have Michigan, Purdue, MSU in those first 4. Is it really all that different now?

In a normal year ND would have Michigan, Purdue, MSU in those first 4. Is it really all that different now?
We are only one side of the equation. Tech will play two overmatched opponents, can keep things pretty vanilla on offense and defense, substitute liberally, and still win easily.

Not sure playing a couple easy games to start the season followed by a tough opponent is a good formula for success. I prefer the first game against a weaker opponent to work on timing and mechanics, but prefer a second game with hard hitting and something akin to a hard test. Hope GT is knocked back on their collective heels by a more battle tested ND. Hate playing the damn triple option, but prefer earlier the better.

We are only one side of the equation. Tech will play two overmatched opponents, can keep things pretty vanilla on offense and defense, substitute liberally, and still win easily.

But look back at traditional schedules for ND and the usual B1G opponents to start the season.

Michigan in the last 5 years has played before ND: Appy St (2014), Central Michigan (2013), Alabama, Air Force, and UMass (2012), Western Michigan (2011), UConn (2010).... Making Michigan 3-2 in that time frame.

MSU in the last 5 years (only played in 4 of them): Western Michigan, S. Florida, Youngstown St (2013), Boise State, Central Michigan (2012), Youngstown St., Florida Atlantic (2011), Western Michigan, Florida Atlantic (2010)... Making MSU 1-3 against ND in that frame

Purdue in the last 5 years: Western Michigan, Central Michigan (2014), Cincy, Indiana State (2013), Eastern Kentucky (2012), Middle Tennessee St, Rice, SouthEast Missouri State (2011), Opened the season against ND in 2010.... Making Purdue 0-4 against ND in that frame

It is more, understand the opponent then when you play them, or who you have just before them. Also the rivalry ND has with each of those 3 play into it as well.

unfortunately no, lose to GT by 4...run out of time trying to score the go ahead touchdown.

irish will finish the season 8-4 yet again--lose to GT, Clem, USC and one of the last 4 games on the schedule.

Anything better than the new Normal 8-5 will be outstanding. I hope we get at least 11 wins this season and impress some recruits.

This 2015 edition, with no suspensions or major injuries, could possibly beat anyone of the schedule. They also have the capabilities of losing to at least five teams on the schedule. IMHO, of every position on the team, MZ is the most important. If he stays injury free and plays like a champion, then so goes the rest of the team. BTW: I was on campus today for a short while and things are moving along on the construction site. This time I came in from Angela Blvd and I can't believe the development that wasn't there the last time I took that route. More buildings, less empty space. When I first started attending games in the late 50s, the stadium was basically all alone with nothing surrounding it. When finished, the whole project should look pretty cool.

This 2015 edition, with no suspensions or major injuries, could possibly beat anyone of the schedule. They also have the capabilities of losing to at least five teams on the schedule. IMHO, of every position on the team, MZ is the most important. If he stays injury free and plays like a champion, then so goes the rest of the team. BTW: I was on campus today for a short while and things are moving along on the construction site. This time I came in from Angela Blvd and I can't believe the development that wasn't there the last time I took that route. More buildings, less empty space. When I first started attending games in the late 50s, the stadium was basically all alone with nothing surrounding it. When finished, the whole project should look pretty cool.
Rockne is turning in his grave - is the Kiss Cam installed yet?

I don't think Rock is turning in his grave. He was a promoter and a barnstormer. I think he always believed in the bigger picture. IMHO, a jumbo would be to his liking.

Rockne is turning in his grave - is the Kiss Cam installed yet?

I guess I don't understand this.

Everything we have seen and know of Knute was him as a showman. From having the offensive line pose with a new Studebaker car. To the building of the stadium. To feeding lines to reporters to say about his players.

unfortunately no, lose to GT by 4...run out of time trying to score the go ahead touchdown.

irish will finish the season 8-4 yet again--lose to GT, Clem, USC and one of the last 4 games on the schedule.

they will win at least 2 of those games.

Zaire and 3 best RB will be great this year but GT was good in 2014 with great defense line..

We struggle with Navy. Paul Johnson and much more talent will be tough. I think they knocked off FSU and UGA last year. I agree with others. it will be our toughest win. we will get limited shots with the ball, both teams running. will come down to if ND gets a takeaway.

We struggle with Navy. Paul Johnson and much more talent will be tough. I think they knocked off FSU and UGA last year. I agree with others. it will be our toughest win. we will get limited shots with the ball, both teams running. will come down to if ND gets a takeaway.

Don't know about Georgia....but I KNOW they surely did not knock off FSU last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT