ADVERTISEMENT

Will Ishaq Return?

I hope so.But Kelly think he will not return.. I notice Ishaq was on NFL draft 2015 listing.Ishaq is return to UND but not in football yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgvr
I will pass on Ishaq. Tremendous athletic ability but not enough desire.

I hope he returns. Everyone deserves a second chance. Well, not murderers maybe but you get my point.

GO IRISH !

I will pass on Ishaq. Tremendous athletic ability but not enough desire.
That seems like a cheap shot.
I doubt that you've ever met him nor do you know his work ethic.

That seems like a cheap shot.
I doubt that you've ever met him nor do you know his work ethic.

How was that a cheap shot? If you have viewed any ND football games it's been pretty clear that he lacks that passion and killer instinct on the football field. Not to mention, you could bring in the classroom thing if you want to talk about work ethic.

Maybe in some ways I'll always be tantalized by his potential, but I'd want him back if there's a spot. I mean, I'd rather have him then chase houndshell as a niche 5th te on the roster.

Maybe in some ways I'll always be tantalized by his potential, but I'd want him back if there's a spot. I mean, I'd rather have him then chase houndshell as a niche 5th te on the roster.

Absolutely, you never know when guys will break out. (I don't see him as a TE though.) I thought he played well as a SO and got dinged up a bit as a JR... He was projected to start at DE in '14 which I think is a better position for him.... He also appears to be filling out well.

“(There are) things that he’ll have to take care of in the summertime just to get the ball moving for his ability to be reinstated,” Kelly said of Williams in early April. That’s reinstatement for football, by meeting NCAA standards."

"The 6-foot-6, 271-pound Brooklyn, N.Y., has one season of college eligibility remaining. He has 45 career tackles and one sack in 35 games for the Irish, all but one of those as a reserve."

http://www.ndinsider.com/football/i...cle_54e70776-0578-11e5-9149-5b92695e6b6e.html

I hope he returns. It sounds like he wants to, but there may be academic issues still to resolve.

Absolutely, you never know when guys will break out. (I don't see him as a TE though.) I thought he played well as a SO and got dinged up a bit as a JR... He was projected to start at DE in '14 which I think is a better position for him.... He also appears to be filling out well.

“(There are) things that he’ll have to take care of in the summertime just to get the ball moving for his ability to be reinstated,” Kelly said of Williams in early April. That’s reinstatement for football, by meeting NCAA standards."

"The 6-foot-6, 271-pound Brooklyn, N.Y., has one season of college eligibility remaining. He has 45 career tackles and one sack in 35 games for the Irish, all but one of those as a reserve."

http://www.ndinsider.com/football/i...cle_54e70776-0578-11e5-9149-5b92695e6b6e.html
I meant I'd rather have ishaaq back then keeping houndshell (who has switched to TE). Just the depth alone at DE is reason enough for me but given his athletic ability and length it seems like as a desperate/last shot guy he might be one guy that can generate some pass rush. It's all projection I know, he's not lived up to his billing.

I meant I'd rather have ishaaq back then keeping houndshell (who has switched to TE). Just the depth alone at DE is reason enough for me but given his athletic ability and length it seems like as a desperate/last shot guy he might be one guy that can generate some pass rush. It's all projection I know, he's not lived up to his billing.

Got it. The guy was projected starter at DEand I think that you're spot on. I hope he suits up.

No way he deserves a spot over Hounshell. Russell has shown the desire to play again for the Irish. Move on from IW.

Reactions: Bodizephax
We all know people in our world of work who had/have great talent, but lacked the heart or drive or commitment to reach their full potential. Frustrating for us fans, but Ishaq is just one of those guys who happens to play football. I would not bring him back at the expense of someone who works their butt off every day for the honor of being a ND football team player.

why does everyone deserve a 'second chance'; give someone else a first chance!

Because that is who ND is. An academic impropriety is forgivable and he should be given an opportunity to redeem himself if there is such an opportunity in the NCAA's eyes.

Reactions: IRISH_FRIAR
I watch the kid play and he is wasting his god given ability. I am glad you are on the other side of the issue. You are such a blowhard. Read more and post less.

I don't think you no much about football. He was a Gatorade player of the year and a projected DE starter for ND. You have no idea whether he was playing injured or not. You also have no idea of his football work ethic. You see "wasting his God given ability" Kelly sees starting DE. Haha haha.
Have you ever thought of being a clown? You may as well get paid for your efforts...

No way he deserves a spot over Hounshell. Russell has shown the desire to play again for the Irish. Move on from IW.
What exactly has hounshell done to deserve a spot? I'm just curious because it's not like he ever lived up to anything. So I'm just wondering what your basing it on?

What exactly has hounshell done to deserve a spot? I'm just curious because it's not like he ever lived up to anything. So I'm just wondering what your basing it on?

Here is some free advice, head outside, pick up a branch and ask that question. The answer will be much more intelligent than what you are about to receive.

Here is some free advice, head outside, pick up a branch and ask that question. The answer will be much more intelligent than what you are about to receive.
Solid. I laughed. And for the record I don't mean to disparage chase, if he makes the team I'll root like crazy for him. I just think ishaaq brings a lot more to the table than a converted blocking 5th TE would.

I like IW' return; but based upon football - no one is "entitled" to second chances - just because they screwed up once!

I like IW' return; but based upon football - no one is "entitled" to second chances - just because they screwed up once!
Tell that to Ross Browner, Willie Fry, Luther Bradley, Father James Burtchaell.......

From reports he isn't elgible to return even if he took a full summer school schedule. He didn't work to get back like K Russell so I wouldn't give him a scholarship.
Because Hounshell has fought through 2 major shoulder surgeries and wants very badly to play again for ND. I.W. didn't do what it takes to earn his spot back.
I don't think you no much about football. He was a Gatorade player of the year and a projected DE starter for ND. You have no idea whether he was playing injured or not. You also have no idea of his football work ethic. You see "wasting his God given ability" Kelly sees starting DE. Haha haha.
Have you ever thought of being a clown? You may as well get paid for your efforts...
Every board has a blowhard that talks out of his backside and you win the title. Drop another bag of french fries , your posting is causing a backup in the drive thru.

Solid. I laughed. And for the record I don't mean to disparage chase, if he makes the team I'll root like crazy for him. I just think ishaaq brings a lot more to the table than a converted blocking 5th TE would.
You asked a good question. Unfortunately, the other poster you asked is football challenged and known for blurting less than powerful thoughts.
From reports he isn't elgible to return even if he took a full summer school schedule. He didn't work to get back like K Russell so I wouldn't give him a scholarship.

Because Hounshell has fought through 2 major shoulder surgeries and wants very badly to play again for ND. I.W. didn't do what it takes to earn his spot back.

Every board has a blowhard that talks out of his backside and you win the title. Drop another bag of french fries , your posting is causing a backup in the drive

Every board has a blowhard that talks out of his backside and you win the title. Drop another bag of french fries , your posting is causing a backup in the drive thru.

Where are you getting your "reports" on Ishaq?

Here is what Kelly said last month.
“(There are) things that he’ll have to take care of in the summertime just to get the ball moving for his ability to be reinstated.”

http://www.ndinsider.com/football/i...ea6-de05-11e4-a904-c3bf80100185.html?mode=jqm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT