ADVERTISEMENT

Why are 5-star prospects allergic to this football program for 10+ years now?

I could be mistaken but I thought that we had two undefeated seasons and played for two National Championships in the last ten years.

Did I miss something ?

The FACT is that you’re missing far more than something !

You don’t have a clue as to how Swarbrick, the Administration and the Board of trustees view and guide the football program.

And the biggest joke of all, the biggest example of your total ignorance is you citing Father Hesburgh as a driving force, a visionary when it came to football !

The FACT is that Father Hesburgh DE-EMPHASIZED football at Notre Dame !

Everybody on the planet knows that …….. except you !
lol @ "played for" [the old-guard at NDs fav. new buzz phrase to defend away a largely mediocre--by NDs standards--last decade of football performance] "played for national titles" smh

ND were paper contenders in both playoff appearances and BCS national title. e.g. they were put in games they didn't belong based on their brand/national recognition and their W-L record vs really bland schedules not because they were in any way one of the best teams in the country. That should be evident by the fact they were double-digit underdogs who got predictably run off the field in every one of those games before they could even get to halftime.

ND never finished inside the top 5 in F+ during BKs entire tenure here. His best finish was #6 in 2012 with Weis' five-star recruits.

And if you call NDs football performance between the years of 1952-1987 (Hesburgh's tenure at Notre Dame) deemphasizing football then please lets deemphasize it some more in 2023 and beyond.

Last edited:
lol @ "played for" [the old-guard at NDs fav. new buzz phrase to defend away a largely mediocre--by NDs standards--last decade of football performance] "played for national titles" smh

ND were paper contenders in both playoff appearances and BCS national title. e.g. they were put in games they didn't belong based on their brand/national recognition and their W-L record not because they were in any way one of the best teams in the country. That should be evident by the fact they were run off the field in every one of those games. ND never finished inside the top 5 in F+ during BKs entire tenure here.

And if you call NDs football performance between the years of 1952-1987 (Hesburgh's tenure at Notre Dame) deemphasizing football then please lets deemphasize it some more in 2023 and beyond.

Alabama and Ohio St. have very good programs. You should pull for one of them.

ND were paper contenders in both playoff appearances and BCS national title. e.g. they were put in games they didn't belong based on their brand/national recognition and their W-L record vs really bland schedules not because they were in any way one of the best teams in the country. That should be evident by the fact they were double-digit underdogs who got predictably run off the field in every one of those games before they could even get to halftime.

ND never finished inside the top 5 in F+ during BKs entire tenure here. His best finish was #6 in 2012 with Weis' five-star recruits.

I believe that every team that lost to the eventual National Champion got blown out which destroys your argument.

You also might want to review ND’s record between 1952 thru 1963, it was horrendous.

Obviously you’re totally unfamiliar with Hesburgh’s influence on Notre Dame’s football program, hence I would suggest that you remain silent rather than expose your ignorance !

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
And only good coaching gets 8 wins with a below average qb who wouldn't start on any top 40 team, maybe top 60
Nonsense !

Look at your “below average QB’s” stats

They’re far from below average

What about the Clemson QB? I'm hearing UCLA or Oregon as he's a west coast kid but it this a possibility?

Jaylen Sneed was a 5 star last year

We are far from a mess of a program.

We've been between 6 and 10 as a program since 2015
Drayk was close to a 5* for a time. So was Moore,Jagusah,Vernonand we couldn't close with Keeley,Bowen,Freeling and the 2 kids who chose O$U. oPPORTUNITIES but failing to close is still a loss. Money,immediate playing time and perks all play a role plus weather,ladies and playoffs add to it. Change will come as Freeman and team put in the time and effort as well as NIL becoming more or less prevalent. I bet a lot of Texas A&M bigwigs will seethe if they keep posting average wins with no playoff results and money will dwindle compared to 22' class.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

capice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT