ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s too high / too low on pff top 25 coaches list

baron100

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 19, 2004
Top 10 are the following 1.) Saban , 2.) Kirby, 3.) Harbaugh, 4.) Dabo, 5.) Lincoln Riley, 6.) BK, 7.) Day, 8.) Whittingham, 9.) Luke F., 10.) James Franklin. too high for me are harbaugh, bk, Franklin. the others I’m fine with.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Top 10 are the following 1.) Saban , 2.) Kirby, 3.) Harbaugh, 4.) Dabo, 5.) Lincoln Riley, 6.) BK, 7.) Day, 8.) Whittingham, 9.) Luke F., 10.) James Franklin. too high for me are harbaugh, bk, Franklin. the others I’m fine with.
Having Harbaugh ahead of Dabo is a joke.

Hard to explain harbaugh over Dabo. Dabo is 160 sh and 39 with 2 natties and played for 2 more. Several coach of the year awards, ( although I hate any of the subjective individual awards), and several conference championships

Franklin can really recruit, prepares his team, and performed a near miracle at Vandy--but he is a below average gameday coach, so he would not be in my Top 10. Agree re Dabo moving up, and nice to see Whittingham get some credit.

1. Nick Saban
2. Kirby Smart
3. Dabo
4. Ryan Day
5. Tough Call.

I think because Dabo has only done it at Clemson, and there's like this sense that maybe it's all a bit of a fluke, sort of. Harbaugh's been around and won everywhere he's been. For Dabo it's only Clemson, and so who would you hire if you're some AD at a blue blood program trying to resurrect it's fortunes, and while Dabo is awesome, you might have this lingering doubt that you'd be better off with Harbaugh. Even though Harbaugh is such an off-putting oddball...

Something like that.....

Reactions: baron100
By that same token, just to amplify my previous post, I would take BK over Harbaugh, if I was an AD, like for instance at a big boy program like LSU. And word on the street most definitely is, that BK was their first choice, no offer was ever made to Lincoln Riley. And they had contacted BK early in the season, and he turned them down, and only later did BK make the fateful decision to leave South Bend. Which of course I believe, or at least I theorize was because BK finally had had enough being around ND's unappreciative, toxic fanbase.

And it was the pressure he felt, and the undeniable hostility and resentment after passing Knute Rockne that finally changed his mind.....

Which of course I believe, or at least I theorize was because BK finally had had enough being around ND's unappreciative, toxic fanbase.

And it was the pressure he felt, and the undeniable hostility and resentment after passing Knute Rockne that finally changed his mind.....
Great...if that is what was needed to get a mediocre recruiter out of here and to inject the program with some life/ fresh perspective/culture then thank god! The last 5 years of Kelly's tenure were nice in terms of wins/losses but there was a clear ceiling that had been reached under BK.

It was ground hog day at ND football

Same mediocre offense
Same snooze-fest culture
Same mediocre roster
Same lack of upside/star power (across the board, not just at QB)
Same lack of noteworthy wins
etc. etc.

It was simply time for Kelly to move on.

Now he'll win at a school that recruits itself.

LSU wins
ND wins
Kelly wins

I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
Great...if that is what was needed to get a mediocre recruiter out of here and to inject the program with some life/ fresh perspective/culture then thank god! The last 5 years of Kelly's tenure were nice in terms of wins/losses but there was a clear ceiling that had been reached under BK.

It was ground hog day at ND football

Same mediocre offense
Same snooze-fest culture
Same mediocre roster
Same lack of upside/star power (across the board, not just at QB)
Same lack of noteworthy wins
etc. etc.

It was simply time for Kelly to move on.

Now he'll win at a school that recruits itself.

LSU wins
ND wins
Kelly wins

I don't see the problem.
Whatever, chump. BK could have stayed at ND as long as he wanted. As long as the floor was ten wins a season, he could have coached here for twenty years, and would definitely still be the coach today.

That doesn't mean you couldn't as well be spouting the same nonsensical horseshit I'm responding to right now, that's neither here or there. But ND did not 'win', in losing their all-time winning coach who had the program at a peak position. That's gibberish. Just meaningless blather.

Hard to put Day above Harbaugh
If I had my choice of Ryan Day or Jim Harbaugh to coach Notre Dame, I would take Ryan Day, and it would take me around 1.5 seconds to make the decision.

Ryan Day is 45-6 as a head coach, yes, he sits on a treasure trove of talent, CFB playoffs three of the last 4 seasons, Ryan Day out recruits Jim Harbaugh annually, and it's not even close.

It's not too tough for me.

Last edited:
If I had my choice of Ryan Day or Jim Harbaugh to coach Notre Dame, I would take Ryan Day, and it would take me around 1.5 seconds to make the decision.

Ryan Day is 45-6 as a head coach, yes, he sits on a treasure trove of talent, CFB playoffs three of the last 4 seasons, Ryan Day out recruits Jim Harbaugh annually, and it's not even close.

It's not too tough for me.
The list isnt to determine who would be the better coach at Notre Dame, is it?

The list I thought was who are the top coaches

And like I said, using that criteria, hard to say Day is ahead of Harbaugh

Whatever, chump. BK could have stayed at ND as long as he wanted. As long as the floor was ten wins a season, he could have coached here for twenty years, and would definitely still be the coach today.

That doesn't mean you couldn't as well be spouting the same nonsensical horseshit I'm responding to right now, that's neither here or there. But ND did not 'win', in losing their all-time winning coach who had the program at a peak position. That's gibberish. Just meaningless blather.
I don't see the benefit of winning 10 games ad naseum. 10 games isn't even a playoff birth in the current landscape.

The modern era of college football is ALL ABOUT UPSIDE. Ironically, ND has ZERO of it now and during the latter half of the BK era.

You have to shoot for the game's biggest stars because if you dont land them on the recruiting trail your opposition in the playoffs will. The entire BK era could be summed up with this sentence.

No matter how many diamond in the roughs BK scouted and developed he simply couldn't hang with the teams that were 4 & 5 star-loaded with his 3 & 4 star players. It seems like ND naively still hasn't figured this out yet.

Truth is, it has been 30+ years since ND has gone into a season with the kind of roster that could actually win a national title. The last time it was close was 2012 when Weis' three top 5 classes in a row matured (under Brian Kelly's development).

Last edited:
I don't see the benefit of winning 10 games ad naseum. 10 games isn't even a playoff birth in the current landscape.

The modern era of college football is ALL ABOUT UPSIDE.

You have to shoot for the game's biggest stars because if you dont land them on the recruiting trail your opposition in the playoffs will. The entire BK era could be summed up with this sentence.

No matter how many diamond in the roughs BK scouted and developed he simply couldn't hang with the teams that were 4 & 5 star-loaded with his 3 & 4 star players. It seems like ND naively still hasn't figured this out yet.

Truth is, it has been 30+ years since ND has gone into a season with the kind of roster that could actually win a national title.
WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Who said we were going to win ten games ad nauseam?? Nobody! I just said ten wins was going to be the floor. But some of the time we'd go undefeated and make the playoff.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with you. Because I know you don't argue in good faith. You just make up reasons, and then try to pin me down like, based on my word choice, that BK was only going to win ten games every year and never any more or less than that, and so obviously we're better off without him. Which is just stupid to the point where I can't respond.

But why don't you share with us with your thoughts about what tranny men ought to do, when they feel the urge to want to join a women's sports team? That's the hot topic of the day. And my post on it was so effin' long, I guess because I'm not sure what I wanted to say. Other than it's obviously a crazy idea, but beyond that I have such mixed feelings about tranny rights. Other than if everyone would just be effin' cool to them none of this would even be a problem. Maybe this is all just like revenge of the queers and the trannies, and that's what this is all about. They just want revenge for all the abuse they've taken all these years.....

The list isnt to determine who would be the better coach at Notre Dame, is it?

The list I thought was who are the top coaches

And like I said, using that criteria, hard to say Day is ahead of Harbaugh
45-6 and three CFB playoff berths the last 4 seasons, including a final that Harbaugh has not achieved, is good enough for me.

Recruiting, which is the lifeblood of CFB? Don't even bother to compare the two.

If you are going to rank, Ryan Day IMO is ahead of Jim Harbaugh.

45-6 and three CFB playoff berths the last 4 seasons, including a final that Harbaugh has not achieved, is good enough for me.

Recruiting? Don't bother to compare the two.

If you are going to rank, Ryan Day IMO is ahead of Jim Harbaugh.
He took over a Ferrari that UM left him. How many quality coaches out there couldnt do what hes doing. Come on. And recruiting lol. It's Ohio State. You could do better than that

Harbaugh won at San Diego, yeah San Diego

Harbaugh then turned around the dumpster fire that was Stanford. They went 1 and 11 the year before he got there and he left at 12 and 1

Then he turned around a flailing Michigan program and just whooped Days ass the last 2 years with LESS TALENT

You're right, it's not a comparison

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???? Who said we were going to win ten games ad nauseam?? Nobody! I just said ten wins was going to be the floor. But some of the time we'd go undefeated and make the playoff.

I'm sorry, I can't argue with you. Because I know you don't argue in good faith. You just make up reasons, and then try to pin me down like, based on my word choice, that BK was only going to win ten games every year and never any more or less than that, and so obviously we're better off without him. Which is just stupid to the point where I can't respond.

But why don't you share with us with your thoughts about what tranny men ought to do, when they feel the urge to want to join a women's sports team? That's the hot topic of the day. And my post on it was so effin' long, I guess because I'm not sure what I wanted to say. Other than it's obviously a crazy idea, but beyond that I have such mixed feelings about tranny rights. Other than if everyone would just be effin' cool to them none of this would even be a problem. Maybe this is all just like revenge of the queers and the trannies, and that's what this is all about. They just want revenge for all the abuse they've taken all these years.....
10 games was the ceiling with BK with the occasional 11 or 12 win season due to a weak schedule. You are a complete buffoon.

10 games was the ceiling with BK with the occasional 11 or 12 win season due to a weak schedule. You are a complete buffoon.
And you're a freaky weirdo troll who has two accounts. You don't give the slightest shit about BK, you don't really hate him at all. That's just your troll persona, you freak.

It still gets me, though. It's just a force of habit, being around so many other haters who aren't trolls, and are just regular toxic fans....

He took over a Ferrari that UM left him. How many quality coaches out there couldnt do what hes doing. Come on. And recruiting lol. It's Ohio State. You could do better than that

Harbaugh won at San Diego, yeah San Diego

Harbaugh then turned around the dumpster fire that was Stanford. They went 1 and 11 the year before he got there and he left at 12 and 1

Then he turned around a flailing Michigan program and just whooped Days ass the last 2 years with LESS TALENT

You're right, it's not a comparison
TCU beat Michigan with less talent. LSU beat Alabama with less talent. Both Utah(twice) and Tulane beat USC last season with less talent. Stanford beat Notre Dame with less talent. So what.

Last edited:
And you're a freaky weirdo troll who has two accounts. You don't give the slightest shit about BK, you don't really hate him at all. That's just your troll persona, you freak.

It still gets me, though. It's just a force of habit, being around so many other haters who aren't trolls, and are just regular toxic fans....
Actually you're right, I dint give a sh*t about BK. Why should I, he's at LSU and I'm an ND fan. You are complete loser.

Actually you're right, I dint give a sh*t about BK. Why should I, he's at LSU and I'm an ND fan. You are complete loser.
Anyone who lasted 12 years in South Bend as the head Football coach, and turned a dumpster fire of a football program that Weis, Willingham, Davie, and most importantly Monk Malloy, Mike Wadsworth, and Kevin White created, I respect and thank. Marcus Freeman was handed a healthy, vibrant football program...., and you can thank Brian Kelly, Jack Swarbick, and Father Jenkins for that.

If you disagree, no problem.

Last edited:
TCU beat Michigan with less talent. LSU beat Alabama with less talent. Both Utah(twice) and Tulane beat USC last season with less talent. Stanford beat Notre Dame with less talent. So what.
Did they get their asses whooped 2 years in a row?

Harbaugh has turned around 3 programs, how many has Day?

Did they get their asses whooped 2 years in a row?

Harbaugh has turned around 3 programs, how many has Day?
Then give Harbaugh a longevity award.

As far as today's CFB, ranking the here and now, Ryan Day in 4 seasons at Ohio State....46-5, three CFB playoffs, and a championship game appearance, IMO is a top 4 head coach behind Saban, Smart, and Dabo.

Then give Harbaugh a longevity award.

As far as today's CFB, ranking the here and now, Ryan Day in 4 seasons at Ohio State....46-5, three CFB playoffs, and a championship game appearance, IMO is a top 4 head coach behind Saban, Smart, and Dabo.
If we're doing here and now, Michigan has been better the last 2 seasons and whooped Ohios ass the last 2 years.

Here and now....

Ohio fans are not happy with Day right now. The AD just had to cone out in support of him. He was given a Lambo and the fans are getting restless

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT