ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on at ND this off-season?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Is there money problems that fans aren't privy to?
  • ND is coming off its least productive season in over a decade (finished 28th in F+ in 2022)
  • The '23 class fell out from under it (dropped from top 5 with several 5-star commits, to top 15 with zero 5 star commits)
  • ND is shedding talent like crazy (coaches, players, etc.) and failing miserably to adequately replace them
  • There's ZERO recruiting momentum with any impact talent in '24
  • The health of the culture at ND is coming into question (has MF lost the locker room already?)
  • Got an ultra-green coach that jack swarbrick/ND can steamroll and micromanage from their castle
  • ND is doubling down on its "student mission" rhetoric/hypocrisy and all of the assumed self-handicaps that come with it

Last edited:
Reactions: Captrich
Ah yes, our daily piss, bitch and moan post from one of our favorite panties-in-a-wad posters. The world as we know it is coming to an end, isn't it, Chase?

Have you ever posted anything positive about ND? Surely you can find one or two kernels of positive information.

Bro, these are the areas that are REALLY IMPORTANT.

You can see the FAIL coming from a mile away.

It's discussion worthy.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
  • ND is coming off its least productive season in over a decade (finished 28th in F+ in 2022)
  • The '23 class fell out from under it (dropped from top 5 with several 5-star commits, to top 15 with zero 5 star commits)
  • ND is shedding talent like crazy (coaches, players, etc.) and failing miserably to adequately replace them
  • The health of the culture at ND is coming into question (has MF lost the locker room already?)
  • Got an ultra-green coach that jack swarbrick/ND can steamroll and micromanage from their castle
  • ND is doubling down on its "student mission" rhetoric/hypocrisy and all of the assumed self-handicaps that come with it
Your first point was ridiculous, we went 4 and 8 in 2016. How could it be our worst season in a decade. Just BS right out the jump this time

23 class was very good

We lost 2 good coaches and replaced them with highly qualified replacements. Losing Rees will be a win

We havent lost 1 starter yet. We have lost some guys that have gotten passed up

Tons of 24 recruiting momentum happening

That was a poor job, even for you

Your first point was ridiculous, we went 4 and 8 in 2016. How could it be our worst season in a decade. Just BS right out the jump this time

23 class was very good

We lost 2 good coaches and replaced them with highly qualified replacements. Losing Rees will be a win

We havent lost 1 starter yet. We have lost some guys that have gotten passed up

Tons of 24 recruiting momentum happening

That was a poor job, even for you
ND finished ranked 25th in F+ during that 4-8 season and finished ranked 29th in 2022.

ND was a much better team than their 4-8 record indicated in 2016. Which is the entire reason why a stat like F+ exists. Because win-loss record fails miserably at explaining the nuances of a 12+ game season vs wildly varying degrees of competition with wildly varying degrees of variation/luck outcomes.

Reactions: 4-4-3
ND finished ranked 25th in F+ during that 4-8 season. They were a much better team than their 4-8 record indicated. Which is the entire reason why a stat like F+ exists. Because win-loss record fails miserably at explaining the nuances of a 12+ game season vs wildly varying degrees of competition with wildly varying degrees of variation/luck.
Like I said, when your rating system continues to throw out garbage, CHANGE THE SYSTEM. Its an embarassment and the worst rating syatem out there.

Just an awful awful awful ranking LOL

2016 we only played 2 ranked teams all year and went 0 and 2 in those games. 8 points was the closest. We only had 2 p5 wins all freaking year

2022 we played 6 ranked teams and won 4 of them. We beat 6 p5 teams and we destroyed a team that finished 13th

CHANGE THE SYSTEM. ITS EMBARRASSING

I stopped at F+.

Morons love moronic data.

ND finished ranked 25th in F+ during that 4-8 season and finished ranked 29th in 2022.

ND was a much better team than their 4-8 record indicated in 2016. Which is the entire reason why a stat like F+ exists. Because win-loss record fails miserably at explaining the nuances of a 12+ game season vs wildly varying degrees of competition with wildly varying degrees of variation/luck outcomes.
Lol the entire reason the F+ exists is to get morons to click.

Wash,rinse,repeat.

Reactions: BGI User 756
ND is fine and tons of 2024 recruiting momentum.
Can you elaborate please? All im seeing is momentum with 3-4 star talent (or the types of talent ND has been playing to a 9-3 record with for much of the last 10 years or so)

Last edited:
Can you elaborate please? All im seeing is momentum with 3-4 star talent (or the types of talent ND has been playing to a 9-3 record with for much of the last 10 years or so)

Poster by the name of dwqwiz started a thread on this week's NFL draft. He found that, in the first round, 13 5 stars, 8 4 stars and 8 3 stars were taken. Funny thing---people who do this for a living look at more than the number of stars players get.

Reactions: Classic Irish
We have 1 five star, 9 four stars and 2 three stars in the class. Most of the top 10 classes have more 3 stars than us

Gilbert is committing May 2nd. Hes a four star

Asa has us in his final 3 and hes the 60th ranked player overall

We lead for Prescod and Robinson who are four stars

We have 1 five star, 9 four stars and 2 three stars in the class. Most of the top 10 classes have more 3 stars than us

Gilbert is committing May 2nd. Hes a four star

Asa has us in his final 3 and hes the 60th ranked player overall

We lead for Prescod and Robinson who are four stars
The 1 five star commit is a borderline 4 star
The other top 100 guy (Carr) has reopened his recruitment and ND will be in a dogfight to get his signature

Nearly every other player ND is looking good with/has momentum with are guys ranked in the #250-#400+ range (all mid to low 4 stars)

How is it that ND continues to recruit the same level of talent year in and year out while accomplishing nothing on the football field but yet "recruiting is fine" to most of you ?

Blows my mind the mental gymnastics involved some people are capable of doing in order to feel good about the way ND is operating right now.

I gotta admit, it hasn't been the best off season for old ND. It's hard to deny it.

At least Sam Hartman has grabbed the reins, and hopefully/presumably will be an excellent QB for us....

The 1 five star commit is a borderline 4 star
The other top 100 guy (Carr) has reopened his recruitment and ND will be in a dogfight to get his signature

Nearly every other player ND is looking good with/has momentum with are guys ranked in the #250-#400+ range (all mid to low 4 stars)

How is it that ND continues to recruit the same level of talent year in and year out while accomplishing nothing on the football field but yet "recruiting is fine" to most of you ?

Blows my mind the mental gymnastics involved some people are capable of doing in order to feel good about the way ND is operating right now.
HAHAHA

Carr hasnt reopened anything lol

The 1 guy is a 5 star. And Carr will be a five star when on3 put out a real ranking for Carr

Scott and Asa are top 60 players that we are in the top 3 with

Oh and were getting another 4 star may 2nd

You have such a lack of knowledge about what is going on yet you talk like you know something

Talk about a "sky is falling" post. you are a tool.
'23 class is ranked 12th
'24 class is 6th
Shedding talent? Lol. Although I was a Buchner fan, Hartman is more experienced and proven vs Buchner
Diggs wanted more playing time, instead of sharing carrie's with Estime. Players move at every program. Georgia is at 10 and counting.

As for coaches, coaches move on at every program as well.

If you are so critical of Notre Dame, maybe you should watch and cheer for another team that aligns more with what you want from a college football program.

SelfreliantMeekBluejay-size_restricted.gif

I’ll discuss this with you.

While I try somewhat to BLUNT the terms I use when addressing this stuff, I don’t disagree for a moment that ND APPEARS to be entering into a TRENDING DOWN phase, and I say that regardless of how this season turns out.

The Kelly years, regardless of what one thinks of them, were a step forward and much of the POSITIVE CAPITAL they generated is still IN THE TANK. Needless to say, Freeman in recent years, contributed significantly as per the RECRUITING PORTION of that capital.

But unless that capital keeps coming and is DEPLOYED PROPERLY via COACHING – and earns INTEREST/DIVIDENDS VIA WINS as a result – the well will begin to RUN DRY as the portal and NIL will INEVITABLY OUTRECRUIT FREEMAN over time.

Even if ND remains on average a 9-3 program for a couple of years, it will still, in my opinion, see a DROP-OFF in not only available, but also RETAINABLE talent, making it more difficult to keep pace in the future.

Of course, at the moment, there’s no way to PROVE any of this. Green coach, yes; but potentially improvable on a par with Kelly? While many have more or less simply ANOINTED HIM to that level, I HAVE MY DOUBTS. Still, I could be wrong.

What I WILL say is the trend line I see developing is one where ND merely STRUGGLES TO HOLD SERVE. Not only is it questionable that Freeman will operate on a PAR with Kelly, but that he will somehow INAUGURATE the next ND FOOTBALL RENAISSANCE seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

To me, he seems like a likeable man of impeccable character but with only average to slightly above average football acumen. In some sense, this era’s multicultural version of Irish Catholic Terry Brennan.

At the same time, I have ZERO doubts that ND’s admin/athletic department will continue to employ the same Kabuki Dance tactics it's followed since Lou Holtz left. The “insistence” it can do it ITS WAY and that any deviation from that narrative is tantamount to ACADEMIC DAMNATION.

Honestly, if ND was a commercial operation where wins equaled share price gains, would you invest in it ahead of Alabama, Georgia, OSU and the like? Of course not. It simply isn’t BLUE CHIP ENOUGH. Will it ever again be, given how CFB is now constituted?

I don’t see how.

Reactions: chaseball
a zero poster like you

I’ll discuss this with you.

While I try somewhat to BLUNT the terms I use when addressing this stuff, I don’t disagree for a moment that ND APPEARS to be entering into a TRENDING DOWN phase, and I say that regardless of how this season turns out.

The Kelly years, regardless of what one thinks of them, were a step forward and much of the POSITIVE CAPITAL they generated is still IN THE TANK. Needless to say, Freeman in recent years, contributed significantly as per the RECRUITING PORTION of that capital.

But unless that capital keeps coming and is DEPLOYED PROPERLY via COACHING – and earns INTEREST/DIVIDENDS VIA WINS as a result – the well will begin to RUN DRY as the portal and NIL will INEVITABLY OUTRECRUIT FREEMAN over time.

Even if ND remains on average a 9-3 program for a couple of years, it will still, in my opinion, see a DROP-OFF in not only available, but also RETAINABLE talent, making it more difficult to keep pace in the future.

Of course, at the moment, there’s no way to PROVE any of this. Green coach, yes; but potentially improvable on a par with Kelly? While many have more or less simply ANOINTED HIM to that level, I HAVE MY DOUBTS. Still, I could be wrong.

What I WILL say is the trend line I see developing is one where ND merely STRUGGLES TO HOLD SERVE. Not only is it questionable that Freeman will operate on a PAR with Kelly, but that he will somehow INAUGURATE the next ND FOOTBALL RENAISSANCE seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

To me, he seems like a likeable man of impeccable character but with only average to slightly above average football acumen. In some sense, this era’s multicultural version of Irish Catholic Terry Brennan.

At the same time, I have ZERO doubts that ND’s admin/athletic department will continue to employ the same Kabuki Dance tactics it's followed since Lou Holtz left. The “insistence” it can do it ITS WAY and that any deviation from that narrative is tantamount to ACADEMIC DAMNATION.

Honestly, if ND was a commercial operation where wins equaled share price gains, would you invest in it ahead of Alabama, Georgia, OSU and the like? Of course not. It simply isn’t BLUE CHIP ENOUGH. Will it ever again be, given how CFB is now constituted?

I don’t see how.
Does anyone have an Advil?

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT