ADVERTISEMENT

What’s the chances ACC reels in ND and Penn St.?

apegambino

I've posted how many times?
Nov 12, 2004
I have to think that is what the ACC is working on right now and it would actually make a lot of sense. You add powerhouses ND and Penn St and the ACC could rival an SEC TV deal when the contracts get renewed. I would have to think at least 50+ million a year per team. NBC money is pathetic compared to that.

Both would be natural fits for the division realignment with a North and South. North: ND, Penn St., Pitt, BC, Syracuse, Virginia, Va. Tech, Louisville. South: Clemson, Miami, FSU, GT, UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake.

Even if you went to “pods” like the SEC is considering. ... Pod 1: ND, Louisville, Virginia, Va. Tech. Pod 2: Penn St., Pitt., BC, Syracuse. Pod 3: Clemson, UNC, N.C. State, Duke. Pod 4: Miami, FSU, GT, Wake.

Like most I’ve been wanting to keep the independence for as long as possible but the money just makes way more sense to make a move. NBC’s weak TV deal of $15 million a season is chump change to what the SEC and Big Ten programs are getting. Even the future playoff stipulations are a joke with never being able to receive a first-round bye. The SEC one day will eventually get their wish of taking control and governing themselves and doing away with the NCAA all together. Now might be the time for ND to make a move and bring in another power player with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News