ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball WBB: A couple of quick Notre Dame women's basketball notes

Eric Hansen

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
I stopped by coach Niele Ivey's brief media availability today for a WBB notebook I'm working on for later in the week ... before I head to football interviews tonight. A few things I can share now ... Notre Dame still believes it is in play for Mackenly Randolph, the 6-1 five-star forward from California, though Ivey can't say anything about that on the record. Her finalists are ND, Louisville and Michigan State, and she visited all three in October. The last day of the WBB early signing period is Wednesday. ... This Olivia Miles thing is not getting any more clarity in terms of a public timeline. Freshman Hannah Hidalgo is doing a great job of running the point. Having the two of them on the court together at times would be intriguing... Notre Dame's home opener is Wednesday night, against Northwestern -- a game that got chippy last year. The Irish dropped six spots, to 16th, in the latest AP poll. South Carolina is the new No. 1 team. ... Ivey is pretty cloak-and-dagger with injury specifics, but she did tell me that sophomore G KK Bransford is close to returning from an undisclosed injury. She did not play in either game the Irish have played in so far, nor did she practice in the Media Day availability last month. ... Got lots of good stuff on today's five-star center signee Kate Koval from Ivey. Ivey, as a player, was in the class just ahead of Ruth Riley's arrival, and because Ivey redshirted, they were teammates for four seasons.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News