ADVERTISEMENT

VS. Oregon State, Tony the Tiger Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind this. They beat us in the fiesta bowl around 2000 and the insight bowl in willinghams last season so would be a little revenge, as I have bad memories of those games as a kid.

Not taking away anything from Oregon State. They had a good year. But historically when a team loses its head coach before a bowl game, they tend to play lousy. And this game will be without their starting QB. I wish I could get more excited for this. I was really hoping for an LSU or Ole Miss match-up. If ND wins, no one will be impressed. If ND loses... oh forget it.

Not taking away anything from Oregon State. They had a good year. But historically when a team loses its head coach before a bowl game, they tend to play lousy. And this game will be without their starting QB. I wish I could get more excited for this. I was really hoping for an LSU or Ole Miss match-up. If ND wins, no one will be impressed. If ND loses... oh forget it.
What happened last time they played?

The Sun Bowl has a pretty solid history and Oregon State is a very worthy opponent. The fact that it's called the "Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl" makes it hard to take seriously, though!
It’s one of the oldest, longest running bowl games actually. Just never moved up the prestige rankings.

Last time I went to a ND game in El Paso (2010) my rental car (2008 Supra)got stolen in the Sun Bowl Parking Lot.
Be safe out there if you are going

Go Irish
El Paso was ahead of its time, flash forward 13 years that’s every big city in America.

Reactions: DublinND
Was the Supra tricked out???
It was a nice rental....didn't know much about them at the time the funny thing is the thief was an employee of the place we rented it.
Never recovered my cameras/ gear , or my wife's things she bought at a mail out there, though the place covered them.
The car itself made me a believe

Last time I went to a ND game in El Paso (2010) my rental car (2008 Supra)got stolen in the Sun Bowl Parking Lot.

Go Irish
I may actually go down there. Never been to a bowl game. Never been to West Texas. We’ll see. Could maybe couple it with a quick ski trip. I’ve heard that skiing in Taos (New Mexico) is excellent.

Freeman trying his hardest to be worse than Kelly. Who could’ve ever thought ND could find a crappier coach than Kelly?

Meanwhile, 7-5 Wisconsin plays LSU and will probably get killed.

This is the downside of being independent. If we don't make a NY6, we get a lousy bowl selection. The conferences control all the bowl tie-ins nowadays. And the ACC decided to rig it so that we ended up with their 4th best bowl.

Lived in Las Cruces for five years. Just up the road.

El Paso is a place you do NOT want to be out after dark in.

Reactions: Airzee23
My advice to anyone going is get a motel room in Las Cruces and drive down to the game; and then go right back there after the game

Reactions: Airzee23

Go Irish
El Paso is actually one of the safest cities per capita in the country. It is ironic because the crime that is higher in border cities like El Paso is “car theft”.

The reason is simple, they steal cars and take them south.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT