ADVERTISEMENT

VanGorder drops in on 4-star ATH David Long

Andrew Ivins

I've posted how many times?
Dec 16, 2014
et89pf.jpg

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder was at Los Angeles Loyola High on Tuesday to check up on four-star cornerback David Long.

Long, who was offered by the Irish back on May 13, said he didn't have a chance to talk with VanGorder in person, but he did have a conversation with him and Irish associate head coach Mike Denbrock on the phone following the visit.

"I've spoke with him prior to this and he's a great guy and his rap sheet matches up with that as well," Long said when asked about VanGorder. "He's another coach who has a good relationship with my head coach so the type of coaching I would get at ND is the same at Loyola. The way I see it, is Notre Dame is just my high school at the collegiate level as far as the competition and coaching experience I would be exposed to."

Notre Dame likes Long as a cornerback but is recruiting him as an "athlete." He hasn't set a date to visit Notre Dame this summer, but said that it's looking like he might make the trip. The 6-0, 170-pound Long is ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 30 athlete in the country. He also holds offers from USC, Stanford, Washington and Arizona.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News