ADVERTISEMENT

UNC @ ND ***Game Thread***

This last minute of defense .. I got nothing. One of the worst called final drives I can recall seeing

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Well repeat of the fsu game. Lets run a 3 man front ...I am sure they won't try and run the ball....duh.

Yep dumber than bvg …. The press better hammer kelly over our moronic alignment just allowing 10-15 yard rushes

I miss Clark Lea's in game adjustments. Freeman doesn't seem to know a thing about the art of defense. Can't believe how overrated he is.

Reactions: Goirish5
Bottom line is this. No elite defensive coordinator would continue to do the same dumb S*** every game and continue to fail. No adjustments have been made at any point this season. His defensive scheme is made for schools that can get away with it against lesser talented teams.

Well repeat of the fsu game. Lets run a 3 man front ...I am sure they won't try and run the ball....duh.
There is nothing wrong with a three man front. If they are dropping foskey into coverage it's better in most cases to have a linebacker in there then have your drop end covering a te or slot.

There are two issues

1. the secondary playing too far off and not attacking the run until 4 yards are gained
2. The guys playing the most have tackled poorly. Bracy and Lewis are horrid at tackling and we have been asking them to tackle rbs all night. That's not a good thing. I'd like to see more Pryor as a third safety vs the three cbs we saw in the first half

This one was different. It was a similar alignment but different personnel and it was prevent.
It’s moronic all day long with any personnel…. He’s dropping 8 with rushers hitting side edges leaving wide open lanes left or right

I hope NBC doesn’t televise Kelly’s half time talk to the boys. We’ll be in real trouble once UNC gets to watch it on the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Bottom line is this. No elite defensive coordinator would continue to do the same dumb S*** every game and continue to fail. No adjustments have been made at any point this season. His defensive scheme is made for schools that can get away with it against lesser talented teams.
No his scheme is made for teams that have deep secondaries....

There is nothing wrong with a three man front. If they are dropping foskey into coverage it's better in most cases to have a linebacker in there then have your drop end covering a te or slot.

There are two issues

1. the secondary playing too far off and not attacking the run until 4 yards are gained
2. The guys playing the most have tackled poorly. Bracy and Lewis are horrid at tackling and we have been asking them to tackle rbs all night. That's not a good thing. I'd like to see more Pryor as a third safety vs the three cbs we saw in the first half
The problem with our 3 man is they are rushing outside edge to get to where and leave massive holes…. 3 down needs to cover all the inside gaps

Completely unacceptable to allow a team to run 6/7 times with no TO’s with 1:23 left and come away with points there. Our defense is just the most bizarre thing to watch at times.

This defense is puzzling!
As in why does it keep happening

There are two issues

In at least one play there were no linebackers visible behind the 3 man front. We lined up in a 3-0.

Like last week they have decided they will let them run vs pass to beat them.

I don't like it, but that's what they decided.

They are also trying to avoid Bertrand and blocking him almost every play. That means Bo or a secondary guy has to make the tackle.

That's the worst part of our defense. It's gonna be ugly all night unless we see a third lb or a third safety in the second half.

As in why does it keep happening

In at least one play there were no linebackers visible behind the 3 man front. We lined up in a 3-0.
Yeah they tried to disguise some things poorly. You cna move those guys wherever you want it doesn't change the basic umbrella scheme and unc qb1 isn't gonna be fooled

No his scheme is made for teams that have deep secondaries....

Well, he doesn’t have a deep/talented secondary. He should adjust his scheme to fit his personnel. I don’t recall anyone being successful trying to fit a square peg through a round hole. Good coaches do this. Bad ones don’t.

Well, he doesn’t have a deep/talented secondary. He should adjust his scheme to fit his personnel. I don’t recall anyone being successful trying to fit a square peg through a round hole. Good coaches do this. Bad ones don’t.
I don't disagree. I'd say that it helps with recruiting secondary players though.

D getting ate up. Freeman has to get it together. He is getting out coached

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT