ADVERTISEMENT

to our (poster) friend Boston and those in Boston

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
Boston, I don't know if you are still a Boston resident; it is not too great in Jersey - but goid grief, you guys are getting hammered and have our prayers here!

Hope the snow ends soon and that they can get the recovery underway! the scenes there are just incredible ! hang tough!

joy comes in the morn!

perse:

Thanks very much; another 12" or so in Boston here today (Sunday); so far we've had 90"; it's the worst 3-week period in 120 years of record-keeping here.

Most of us have snow blowers, so we're coping reasonably well, but it is rather depressing to the spirits to be sure.

All of us here are looking forward to the arrival of Spring. :)

here in central Indiana where I live we see maybe 4 or 5 inches maybe once or maybe twice during the winter and one or two inches on the average the rest of the winter so I guess were lucky compared to you guys in the NE. in fact its been so long since we've had a blizzard around here that the old timers still talk about the blizzard of 77 or 78

Boston-Snowstorm-2015.jpg

9a0c028846494e5cb50ea431763264b7-d5ef06fa667e448db2c925c791c4991d-0.jpg

Bruins_Lightning_Snow_Blizzard_2013-300x237.jpg

This post was edited on 2/16 4:40 AM by perseverare

boston

Thanks Ara. Good luck in snow blowing/ shoveling out. It's been a brutal winter here in the greater Boston area. The normal snowfall in Boston per year is 45", but so far we've had 95", more than 4 feet greater than normal.

BostonIrish I feel you I live in Dedham I heard the governor say that they could fill Gillette stadium top to bottom with all the snow 100 times over that's crazy they had to borrow those snow melting trucks from New York state and some towns got a waiver to dump the snow in the harbor because they have no where to put the snow Boston per year is 45", but so far we've had 95" and that is for a full winter we have got two times the normal amount of snow for a full winter and that's in the last three weeks

This post was edited on 2/16 12:54 PM by dannydionne1983

whats funny is here in central Indiana were getting nothing but just two or three hours away in southern Indiana there getting hammered and are expected to get 8 plus inches. i'll be thinking of some of you when i'm looking out my window at grass while you others won't see grass until spring the way things looking in the NE

BOSTON---you folk have really taken a beating, but look forward to a wonderful spring.

It may be easy for me to say--72 lovely degrees today---but I've been there (ip state NY just off

Lake ONTARO----hang in there Brother--St Patricks Day will be here soon, followed by pitchers and

cathers reporting to spring training. Nest thing youm know you will be in FENWAY enjoying our RED

SOX and the sunshine.

DannyDionne:

Hello there in Dedham; yes, been a brutal winter so far.

NDsince35:

Thanks for the kind words; you made the right decision in moving south; hope things are well with you.

Boston_Irish_Fan posted on 2/16/2015...
DannyDionne:

Hello there in Dedham; yes, been a brutal winter so far.

NDsince35:

Thanks for the kind words; you made the right decision in moving south; hope things are well with you.

Ya this winter makes me wish I still lived in western mass I grew up in Springfield moved out to the area in 2012 for work talking to my brother they haven't got hit anywhere as hard as we have this is gonna screw up economy and knowing this state a tax hike will follow to pay for the clean up I feel bad for those who commute on the t every day I just heard on the news it will take them a month to get the service caught up due to all the storms

The worse for me was 2011 I was still living in Springfield when we got hit with a tornado in the summer then the snowstorm before Halloween that left us without power for two weeks

Originally posted by dannydionne1983:
The worse for me was 2011 I was still living in Springfield when we got hit with a tornado in the summer then the snowstorm before Halloween that left us without power for two weeks
I'm about 30minutes from Springfield. The Halloween storm nearly killed my family. My littlest one was only 6 months old at the time, no power, cold as hell, my wife developed double pneumonia and almost passed away. She spent 8 days in ICU. That storm sucked balls. I still ride my bike passed the tornado damage up in Monson and that area.

husky:

geez; as a Dad when trying to fend for your child that is the ultimate concern, that had to be a harrowing experience. Is there a good report that everyone recovered and is doing well? Prayers for you and the family that that is the case and continues to be so!

God Bless.

coloradohusky posted on 2/17/2015...

Originally posted by dannydionne1983:
I'm about 30minutes from Springfield. The Halloween storm nearly killed my family. My littlest one was only 6 months old at the time, no power, cold as hell, my wife developed double pneumonia and almost passed away. She spent 8 days in ICU. That storm sucked balls. I still ride my bike passed the tornado damage up in Monson and that area.

Yeah, it was horrible the response from national grid and the state was a joke I remember I didn't see anybody doing anything to try to clean up or restore power for at least 3 or 4 days after that storm before Halloween my mother ended up in the hospital as well she has COPD and heart problems I was lucky because I was a sales manager at Balise in Springfield at the time and the service department had a shower there it definitely was a crazy year my aunt was on the north end bridge when the tornado came up out of the water in the summer the tornado lifted here car she thought for sure she was done she was lucky it was amazing only one person died in that tornado

Per, yes everyone recovered, thankfully!, thanks for asking. We were w/o power for 13 days, until I found a generator. That storm cost me about $2500 out of pocket, but everyone made it through, which is most important. My wife's doctor told me that had I not brought her in when I did, she wouldn't have survived the night... My jerk of a boss made me fly out to the national meeting during all of this, I stayed Monday and left Tuesday. Luckily I got back in time. She had pneumonia and 5 kids, one a new born, no power, and it's cold as hell...what was I thinking going to the meeting?

husky

just a piece of info re generators; During Sandy we were faced with no power and no gasoline. After that crisis, I found a conversion kit to convert my Gas generator from gas to gas/ natural gas. US Carboration sells these kits. They are very inexpensive and very very easy to install.
Of course you need to have a natural gas source.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT