ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
rewatching the game. Curious of your thoughts.

Sam, well nuff said.
OL, gave up some pressure. Fisher didn’t have a great game and neither did Rocco. Mainly on pass plays but overall moved the line well. Run game pretty dominate
WR didn’t really get great separation and didn’t move with Sam on scrambles. That will be critical when they play OSU.
RB’s just dominate as always. Estime is a tough out!

All in all, hard to argue with a TD every time they got the ball so just nit picky.

Defense - Jordon is a warrior. He is all over the place. Line backers looked slow to me, poor tackling at times. Secondary left lots of people wide open and missed some picks. The one pick was a beauty. Also only one sack, seems concerning with the number he of blitzes. Can’t argue with the results. No TD’s this year and 6 points. Just still don’t always seem to dominate more not “break”.

Ref’s; well I thought the targeting calls should be swapped.

Really looking forward to NC State to see if this is all fools gold.

Sam, well nuff said.
OL, gave up some pressure. Fisher didn’t have a great game and neither did Rocco. Mainly on pass plays but overall moved the line well. Run game pretty dominate
WR didn’t really get great separation and didn’t move with Sam on scrambles. That will be critical when they play OSU.

All in all, hard to argue with a TD every time they got the ball so just nit picky.

Defense - Jordon is a warrior. He is all over the place. Line backers looked slow to me, poor tackling at times. Secondary left lots of people wide open and missed some picks. The one pick was a beauty. Also only one sack, seems concerning with the number he of blitzes. Can’t argue with the results. No TD’s this year and 6 points. Just still don’t always seem to dominate more not “break”.

Agree, N.C. State should provide us with more reliable information.

Reactions: ftnfan62
One of those pressures given up by Rocco, I’m not sure I’d count that against him. The DT took himself out of his rush lane and it was an easy step-up for Hartman.

I think Estime needs to work on his vision and finding the proper hole. I’d say one poor choice against Navy. Two against TSU.

I think the offense is great. I don’t know about the defense though.

In CFB though, even with a great D you really need an offense that can put 30+ on anybody.

Reactions: Kelso86

Sam, well nuff said.

Do you expect perfection ?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
One of those pressures given up by Rocco, I’m not sure I’d count that against him. The DT took himself out of his rush lane and it was an easy step-up for Hartman.

I think Estime needs to work on his vision and finding the proper hole. I’d say one poor choice against Navy. Two against TSU.

I missed that......it just seemed like we struggled up the middle and Blake just did not play well IMHO.

I think the offense is great. I don’t know about the defense though.

In CFB though, even with a great D you really need an offense that can put 30+ on anybody.

On paper, we have to be one of the best Defenses in the stats line. Avg yards are about 150 against us, no TD, tops in the redzone. 6 points in 2 games.

But oddly I agree with you. When QBs throw and you see a ball hit the dirt or is dropped I see no ND players near the ball. I think on the one chance TS had at the goal line where the throw was low, there were 3 players just watching it. Missed tackles, bad angles...

To me, if i was not watching the games I would say damn, this D is unreal. But watching it, I say man, this looks bad. We cannot get more than 1 sack!

Looked it up, we are top 10 in almost every stat.

Reactions: Fightingirish595
I missed that......it just seemed like we struggled up the middle and Blake just did not play well IMHO.
The Spindler play to which I’m referring occurs at 1:38 in the first quarter. Perhaps he made a technique error, but that DT also takes himself out of the play. Hartman steps up, and I don’t know the reads/progression, but I think a crosser was open while Hartman was looking deep.

Fisher…a couple of times might have been unsure about his assignment with the backside linebacker and backside end on inside zone. Hopefully it gets cleaned up.

There was one run where Estime took a two yard loss when he should have crammed it between Alt and Coogan. There was a large hole. A TSU defender was there but so far away, and with such a big hole, Estime should have tried to juke him or run over him. Instead its a TFL.

Estime also was tackled for loss on another play where TSU brought a stunt. Can’t exactly remember but I felt like that was one where TSU had a good call on.

Defense looked very solid

But the penalties have to be eliminated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT