ADVERTISEMENT

The most horrendous play call ever

Tim Hasselback did a great breakdown of the final play on ESPN. It was nice to listen to an educated, actual football voice talk about the play, rather than what you read from certain posters here..
Like certain posters that don't include a link?

I think it was more about Michigan’s defense than it was the actual play call. In the same way the ND defense held Stanford at the goal line in 2012, the Michigan defense rose to the occasion and made the stop when it mattered the most.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Sugar coat it or say it’s on Saban etc. That Alabama offense had zero creativity all game long, couldn’t pick up the blitz, and would not have fooled a HS team with play calls. Milroe was not very good and McCarthy was much better. Did Milroe even complete a pass from the pocket ?
I was pretty stunned at how pedestrian Alabama's offense looked. They imposed their will for part of the second half, but that was mostly on running plays or QB scrambles.

I was pretty stunned at how pedestrian Alabama's offense looked. They imposed their will for part of the second half, but that was mostly on running plays or QB scrambles.
By the standards Saban has set over the last decade , this Alabama team was pretty good but not on par with other Saban coached teams. The one key ingredient that was missing was “ elite play” from the QB. Also , I think people need to simply admit this is a very very good Michigan team. I would like to see Washington pull the upset. However, Michigan looks physically stronger and superior. Not to mention they have playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Telx1
By the standards Saban has set over the last decade , this Alabama team was pretty good but not on par with other Saban coached teams. The one key ingredient that was missing was “ elite play” from the QB. Also , I think people need to simply admit this is a very very good Michigan team. I would like to see Washington pull the upset. However, Michigan looks physically stronger and superior. Not to mention they have playmakers on both sides of the ball.
Alabama from 2 years ago beats Michigan by 21 at least

I don't recall a modern Bama Oline getting knocked back on their arses as last night. Including the last play. The Hasselbeck comment that SBJ references blames the play on the tackle getting thrown back. However the qb does not go where Hasselbeck thinks he is supposed to.

Anyone that actually thinks this guy is a fan of Notre Dame needs drug tested.
Chase is a child, a loser, who has nothing better to do with his life but denigrate Notre Dame at every turn. He was all over Colorado and Prime's jock after they beat what turned out to be a bad TCU team. We all saw how that turned out.

I call Chase a child because he has shiny object syndrome. He's always into that trendy team or fad, and when the luster wears off he moves on to the next trendy team.

I don’t make 1.9 million dollars and Tommy does. Michigan sure was creative and made Alabama look foolish at times in the passing game
If the play was designed to be an up the gut run by the fast but slight QB against a goal line defense when you pull the right guard to the left to block for a sweep around the left end then it was a terrible call. Pulling an interior lineman as a decoy hardly ever works any more and there are just too many packed defensive players to give up a blocker and expect it to succeed.

I think Weis did the same thing against Navy on a 4th down play from our own 20 yard line I believe. I thought that was the worst play call ever at the time. After it failed Weis's ship sunk along with his job.

I don't recall a modern Bama Oline getting knocked back on their arses as last night. Including the last play. The Hasselbeck comment that SBJ references blames the play on the tackle getting thrown back. However the qb does not go where Hasselbeck thinks he is supposed to.

Every play is a good play if the offense is able to execute to perfection.

Bama right tackle JC Latham (supposed 5th best O lineman in the upcoming draft) gets bulldozed into the play. Another low snap. And Milroe doesn't seem to even be ATTEMPTING to make a cut to his left. He is plunging head first into the wall like the ball was on the six inch line.

I think he panicked.

Every play is a good play if the offense is able to execute to perfection.

Bama right tackle JC Latham (supposed 5th best O lineman in the upcoming draft) gets bulldozed into the play. Another low snap. And Milroe doesn't seem to even be ATTEMPTING to make a cut to his left. He is plunging head first into the wall like the ball was on the six inch line.

I think he panicked.
That's another thing, if the play was supposed have the qb run left then the right tackle getting blown up would not be fatal.

Michigan just beat a better team than any team ND has beaten in the last 30 years
This just isn't even close to true. Last 30 years?

This Bama team was Saban’s worst of his teams that have made a BCS Championship game or College Football Playoff. The only reason they made it was due to superb coaching in the back half of the season.

What a terrible take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT