ADVERTISEMENT

The morning after the 1st L of the season

kwsusmc

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2005
First things first... Remember this is just a game. I'm one of the most ardent fanatics of Irish football. Going on half a century now. With my age hopefully has come some wisdom. I used to let a loss ruin not only the rest of the day, but also the weekend. I still loathe losing but everything in perspective.

A couple years ago the Eagles won the Superbowl. Something I didn't think I'd ever see. And unfortunately my Dad didn't. The next day, I had to go to work and still had bills to pay, kids to raise, a house to lead. My life didn't change in one iota after that fun win.

I did not see the game yesterday. Took my family out to dinner. My youngest is leaving for Marine Corps boot camp Sunday. This morning I saw him off. The recruiter came and picked him and I won't see him again for over three months. Then he goes to Infantry training school after boot camp then to his MOS school for 18 weeks. My wife is a mess. As a Dad, I'm proud and nervous for the future.

I just watched the game. So onto the game and Irish. I really like Coan. But he is NOT the best option at QB for "this" team, this style of offense. A change had to be made and should have been made from the opening series.

IMO opinion it's got to be Pyne, with packages still for Buchner. But he has to be allowed to run the full package, if NOT don't play him. Not just run every time he is in. Pyne needs to build a familiarity with the receivers. He Sparks the team whenever he is in. He has mobility, gets the ball out quick and has just as good as arm as Coan. Was he perfect, absolutely not. But he adds dimensions to stress defenses way more than Coan. Who knows what would have happened if Austin doesn't drop that 30 yard pass down the middle. That ball has to be CAUGHT. Horrible drop. The missed XP no excuse on that either. Especially then. But these things do happen.

The Defense, played good enough to win to beat a top 10 team. The turnovers and offense in neutral did not help the D.

Injuries Mayer is dinged and also looks like Hamilton hurt his hand/thumb.

It's crazy, the Irish have played more LTs 4 then QBs 3. Amazing the Irish are 4-1. Need to right this ship and play, no FIGHT for the rest of the season. And I believe the Irish will pick themselves up and keep fighting on.

The Irish are playing true freshmen... Besides Buchner, Baker, Joe Alt, Styles, Colzie, So can we put this false narrative to bed.

Go Irish.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News