ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting The latest rumblings on 2025 DE target Christopher Burgess Jr.

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
We're one day out from 2025 DE Christopher Burgess Jr., a four-star recruit out of Chicago, announcing his commitment decision during Saturday's All-American Bowl. His four finalists are Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan and Alabama.

As I continue to dig into this, the only thing that seems clear is that no one really knows what he's planning to do. The least likely choice seems to be Alabama, because I haven't heard any buzz on that front. I've heard some believe Burgess really likes Michigan, but it doesn't seem like the Wolverines have been pushing hard for him as of late.

So this may end up being a Notre Dame/Ohio State battle. The Buckeyes have the pull of defensive line coach Larry Johnson and the defensive ends he's put into the NFL. The Irish have the pull of football, proximity and life after football, which is believed to make ND the favorite of Burgess' parents.

But none of the sources I talk to around any of those programs have any convinction about what Burgess will do.

I'm likely not going to put in a FutureCast prediction for Burgess before his decision. But if you made me guess, I'd lean toward Ohio State right now, because this kind of uncertainty usually doesn't end in Notre Dame's favor. But I'm certainly not ruling out the Irish or even Michigan, otherwise I'd put in an Ohio State pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News