ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting The latest on 2024 five-star DT tackle Justin Scott

KyleKellyND

Recruiting Reporter
Staff
Mar 4, 2022
Chicago, Illinois
kylemichaelkelly.wixsite.com
I’ve been working the phones the last few days to find out the latest on 2024 five-star DT Justin Scott’s recruitment. And Tuesday, it took an interesting turn after he reported a Georgia scholarship offer.

Scott released a top eight on Jan. 8 that included Notre Dame, Alabama, Colorado, Miami (Fla.), Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and USC. Five days later, he tweeted that he would reveal his commitment Jan. 31, which is his birthday.

That announcement came the same day Notre Dame sent head coach Marcus Freeman, defensive line coach Al Washington and others to his high school — St. Ignatius College Prep in Chicago.

Sometime within the next four days after he shared his commitment date, Scott deleted the tweet. In talking to sources, I’m told that Scott committing Jan. 31 isn’t totally out of the question, but there is uncertainty he will follow through with announcing that day.

His top eight and commitment date announcement were released partly because he wants to complete the recruiting process. However, Georgia was always one of his dream schools because of their success and defensive line development. He also has family located in the Peach State.

So far, no known unofficial visit to Georgia has been set, but Scott’s preference is to visit Georgia before committing. Once he commits, Scott wants to fully shut down his recruitment, which means no more visits to other schools. One source described Scott as a “man of his word.”

In talking to a source familiar with Scott’s recruitment and another on the Notre Dame side of things, they are both cautiously optimistic that the Irish lead as of today. As I’ve always reported on The Insider Lounge, academics and playing close to his family are big priorities for Scott when choosing a school. Notre Dame offers the best of both. But weathering the Georgia offer will be critical to ND maintaining its lead.

Stay locked into The Insider Lounge for continued updates on Scott’s recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News