ADVERTISEMENT

Tark the Shark

jacksondomer

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Jan 28, 2013
Remember going to see Tark, Valvano and Dean Smith at a Nike Clinic in the early 90's....all spoke on a Friday nite. Sadly, all 3 are gone. May he rest in peace. Amoeba Defense...what a great system to use...

I'm sorry, some won't like this, but he broke every rule imaginable and had no concept of the true purpose of kids going to college to get an education.

While I feel for those who loved him, college basketball needs to purge itself of misguided coaches where winning is the only benchmark.

In today's athletics if your not cheating, your not trying. It stinks but that's the way ALL SPORTS are trending.

NDinHouston, I have to disagree. Fans from schools who cheat want everyone to think all schools cheat. That is simply not true as many, probably most, schools try to stay within the rules. Most people need to know rouge programs like FSU are the exception, not the rule and it is only a matter of time before the NCAA gets them once again. This time they need to be hurt for the wrong they do.

Way to sneak the dig at FSU in there.

Tark gave a lot of borderline kids, kids from JUCO and NAIA ranks, kids from real rough spots, a chance that they were never going to get elsewhere. He had his flaws and UNLV got their penalties but a lot of guys that played for him credit him for the impact he had on making them better people.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I respect your opinion but many teams now a days look for the slightest advantages to gain the upper hand. My father in law is a college coach and has coached for 30+ years. Kids don't go to class and pass and play. It happens EVERYWHERE!!! My good friend played in the NBA and told me stories how tutors did their work. He was recruited by the best and he himself told me stories about what college coaches promised him.

Jim Rhome, somewhat infamously stated, "Jerry Tarkanien is the Bobby Bowden of college basketball." Highlighting the fact that both wehe huge cheaters.

Thus the FSU reference.

Originally posted by DubsDreader:

Jim Rhome, somewhat infamously stated, "Jerry Tarkanien is the Bobby Bowden of college basketball." Highlighting the fact that both wehe huge cheaters.

Thus the FSU reference.
No one in history except YOU has ever accused Bobby Bowden of being a cheater. And you are irrelevant ! You have been challenged repeatedly for eight years to produce one link, a single paragraph, one sentence written anywhere by anyone with a name at anytime in history calling Bowden a cheater and you haven't answered the bell yet.

If you ever do I will never post here again. They don't exist. But you can find hudreds of links from dozens of notables (including your golfing bud Lou) who are quoted saying, "Bowden did it the right way". Touting his integrity and honesty. They have been linked here many times. Eight years of nothing but continued obsessive BS from you.

You continue to be scum argus. You never disappoint.

Pure and simple, Bowden is a pig. Just look at the players he spawned and his NCAA violations.

No1e knows that, but he is a bigger pig. Go beat your kids you loser!

Man there is no reason to bring someone's kids into a message board argument or minimize the harm of domestic violence. Another perfect example of how you make the board look bad.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Originally posted by DubsDreader:

Pure and simple, Bowden is a pig. Just look at the players he spawned and his NCAA violations.

No1e knows that, but he is a bigger pig. Go beat your kids you loser!
As always no one is agreement with you.

The pig is in your mirror. Check it out.

And this board continues to tell you who the loser is at this site. Don't listen to me.... listen to your peers.

Open your eyes, wake up and listen to what is being said about you and all your usernames argus.

Still can't produce one sentence from anyone in history who is in agreement with you regarding Bowden. He has more integrity in his small toe than you ever will have in your entire body and unlike you he is respected by the overwhelming majority. You aren't even worthy to carry Bowden's jock. Don't even try.

Nice hijack AGAIN by the way. Pathetic psychopath.

Tark may have been a cheater, but so was John Wooden. The difference was that Wooden had Sam Gilbert do the dirty work for him. What did Tark say about that? Something like, "The NCAA is so upset with the shady goings on at UCLA that they'll probably put us on probation twice." Tark also said that "I like JUCOs because their cars are paid for." LMAO!!!!! I don't give a shit that he cheated. He was an endearing rogue and the college basketball is much duller without the colorful likes of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT